The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Variable Volt Gripper

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by wolfstone5, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. wolfstone5

wolfstone5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I just noticed the new Variable Volt Gripper that was posted on the site. I would like to know how many amps this is rated at considering that it runs on a single 18650 (3-6 volts). Is this an exclusive MV product? Either way, it's a nice addition to the lineup.

Variable Volt Gripper

2. dDubs

dDubs Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    Buffalo, NY
    it says 4 amp on the description, just looked at it. It kind of looks like that Orvale V8 or whatever its called, expected something that looked more like the original gripper.

3. wolfstone5

wolfstone5 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I can't believe I missed that on the description! 4 amps should do the trick with just about any atty or carto. It does look similar to the Orvale V8 but doesn't stack batteries. I may just have to order one and check it out for myself. Thanks!

4. dale1962

dale1962 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    I saw a video on one about the same and the guy said smok tech gripper vv but it didn't have the rubberized finish it was plastic..

5. JAY73

JAY73 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2011
    CLEBURNE TX
    i just checked this bad boy out on the site and the price puts it closer to me geting it instead of the vmax which i really want.
    so will it except all of the 18650's on your site or is it picky i also like that you don't have to buy a gripper ext...

6. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Thinking of gettin both the vmax and the gripper vv...would also like to know for sure if u can use any of the 18650's or only IMR.

7. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    I'm not an electrical engineer but if it uses a single 18650, then it will require high-drain batteries.

Just when I said I don't need another mod, this beauty comes out.

8. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Know what u mean JJ I got tons of mods too but none that will read ohms...probably will be putting some on classifieds if I get these latest from MV.

9. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    On site says to read ohms and voltage push button 3 while device is on I wonder if shows one 1st then the next or how?

10. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    True. Reading the ohms is helpful, and so is reading the volts. No more guessing if it's time to recharge the battery. I'm sure Hoog will chime in here and give us some details.

11. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    I ordered one tonight and will let everyone know what I think of it. Looks nice. Hope the 510 connector is sturdy?

12. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Got a voltage indicator and multimeter but would be really nice to just slap a atty or carto on one of these devices to find out.About got a provari but couldn't justify the price..

13. Waterlootian

Waterlootian Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    Elba USA
    thats impressive

some of these things theyre coming out with now are unbelievable.

14. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    I guess these are so new that nobody has done an actual review of them yet. I'm anxious to hear what folks who have used it think about it.

15. ejervjero

ejervjero Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Does this have PVM?

How does this compare to the Ovale V8? Noticed kit wise this is $50+ more expensive then a Ovale V8 but appears from looks and features to be the exact same thing?

Also will this take the Panasonic IMR 18650's with flattop?

16. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Differences between the 2 are 4amps vs. 2.5 and MV takes 1 18650 ovale8 2 18350,gripper vv checks ohms and voltage and connector recessed in ov8 firing buttons in different places.

17. speedemon

speedemon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2009
    Chicagoland
    Ya the difference is there 4amp so as you can run stuff at higher volts and the 1 18650 better then ovale8 i'm gonna try one for a throw in the pocket mod have the batteries for my varis already we will see if it performes as stated.

18. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
  19. dale1962

Oct 24, 2009
    Charlotte,NC
    Long as its high drain I would think it would but I would wait for hoog to chime in for sure...I'm waiting for some answers on this(gripper) and vmax before I pull the trigger.

20. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    I just need to get something better so I can pass my Lavatube over to the better half who is getting frustrated with the 3.7 device.

I am a righty so this or the Ovale would work fine for me but still don't understand why they don't come out with a righty and lefty version to make it available to each type of person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.