Guide to DIY Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Okay so where is it that it is banned in the US?

How can a flavor containing ZERO nicotine be banned? How can a battery and charger set up be banned? I can see if it contains nicotine then fine but you can't just stop the sale of all e-cigarette related items. That would mean PG, VG, flavoring, glass and plastic bottles, metal, silicone tubing, teflon tubing, silica rope, silica wire brass pipe and or fittings as well as all other metal tubing and/or a ton of other items that freely cross border lines daily.

All countries regulate and tax cigarettes and are losing their asses from people quitting smoking and staying stopped.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
You can't be serious :confused:, It's called the grey market. Shipments make it in for the time being as the infrastructure is not in place to stop all shipments from arriving.

Our suppliers have had some of their shipments refused and returned to their supplier. Most of the time, they just re-ship it and all they are out is the shipping costs.

The majority of supplies come from China, and the US. Should custom officials really crack down in the US, you will see supplies dwindle as well. Because they cannot possibly checked every package that enters the country, they're going after the source. Either don't ship to us, or we will impose tariffs on other exports.

Once your done reading this, I highly recommend you read the news sub-forum, not as interesting perhaps, but definitely more informative.

Last edited:

48lowes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
illinoize
Just tried PA's Cinnamon RedHots--fantastic! I can't give percentages because I just added about 10 drops to a 15ml bottle of cinnamon ejuice. It was blah before but it tastes great now. :)

I really am not much when it comes to anything but tobacco but I love RedHots. I used a 40 drop = 1ml. dropper. I haven't tested the mix today to see how it's mellowed out but the 1st taste of the mix was pretty good (thinking mix stronger). It does overpower anything else you vape for quite awhile. I'll try the 1 day old mix tonight before bedtime. I think I should warn you that I like everything pretty strong!

40 drops 100mg 50/50 pg/vg Welcome to XtremeVaping.com
40 drops vodka
40 drops pg
40 drops vg
16 drops PA cinnamon redhots

Thanks much to PureVapor for starting and keeping this thread alive.
I really shouldn't ignore the influence, dedication and spirit of sharing thanks to
Scubabatdan FilesAnywhere - FileShare Detail View

You can't be serious :confused:, It's called the grey market. Shipments make it in for the time being as the infrastructure is not in place to stop all shipments from arriving.

Our suppliers have had some of their shipments refused and returned to their supplier. Most of the time, they just re-ship it and all they are out is the shipping costs.

The majority of supplies come from China, and the US. Should custom officials really crack down in the US, you will see supplies dwindle as well. Because they cannot possibly checked every package that enters the country, they're going after the source. Either don't ship to us, or we will impose tariffs on other exports.

Once your done reading this, I highly recommend you read the news sub-forum, not as interesting perhaps, but definitely more informative.

Okay Dude, I get it!

But you are giving the impression to anyone who just popped into this discussion that if you are Canadian you are SOL as far as getting nicotine liquid.

Then again, I suppose, if someone can get crack on the corner I should not worry that I won`t be able to get nicotine in the future.

Oh....and troll spray??? What are you......12???

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Okay Dude, I get it!

But you are giving the impression to anyone who just popped into this discussion that if you are Canadian you are SOL as far as getting nicotine liquid.

Then again, I suppose, if someone can get crack on the corner I should not worry that I won`t be able to get nicotine in the future.

Oh....and troll spray??? What are you......12???
*4+6

Re-read the entire thread from the start of our interaction. Then check your post count. There are a lot of fishermen out on these lakes. If your genuine, then by all means do some homework and then come back with specific questions and we will endeavour to help as much as we can.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I really am not much when it comes to anything but tobacco but I love RedHots. I used a 40 drop = 1ml. dropper. I haven't tested the mix today to see how it's mellowed out but the 1st taste of the mix was pretty good (thinking mix stronger). It does overpower anything else you vape for quite awhile. I'll try the 1 day old mix tonight before bedtime. I think I should warn you that I like everything pretty strong!

40 drops vodka
40 drops pg
40 drops vg

Thanks much to PureVapor for starting and keeping this thread alive.
I really shouldn't ignore the influence, dedication and spirit of sharing thanks to
Scubabatdan FilesAnywhere - FileShare Detail View

Can you plz give it to us in percents to use in Dan's calculator? That would be most helpful.

I just orderd a 125ml of 50mg PG from XtremeVaping last night too. I can't make any more recipes till I get it but it shows it shipped today. Kewl!

:p

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
To convert anything to percentages, first make sure they are all in the same unit of measurement (in this case drops). Then add it all up (in this case 176 drops). Divide the amount for an ingredient by the total and you get the % in decimal.

40 drops vodka
40 drops pg
40 drops vg
176 drops Total

Conversion: 40/176 = 0.227 = ~23% for the first 4 ingredients. 16/176 = ~9%. This adds up to 101% because of rounding, so just cut 1% in something such as vodka and make that 22%.

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
FYI - It's threads like this one and PIF that I decided to become a supporting member. Some great trade opportunities on PIF and the wealth of knowledge from those who take the time and care enough to help all of us out. I'm sure my membership fee isn't going to make anyone rich and I know the money doesn't go to the members who are responsible for all this info but without this site, I would never be able to quit analogs!

I am so glad I found ECF and people like you, Pure.

Yay! A US supplier for FlavorArt! I'm addicted to Burley and Mellow Gold, though I'm getting a taste for Dark Vapure. It's funny, I started off liking the fruity flavors, but I've gravitated back to the tobacco ones - or at least the FA ones. And I've found the FA Vape Wizard really does help "round out" the taste.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Magic mask and Vape wizard are two different additives that do 2 different things.

MTS vape wizard contributes toward softening any acidic/sour perception, it assists in making vapour thicker, and it delivers both body and depth to any e-liquid. Try at 0.5-2%.

Magic mask reduces the acid perception without modifying the pH.
pH is one of the key factors involved in food stability. In order to reduce the pH, a small amount of organic acid must be added to the food preparation (i.e. citric, malic, tartaric acid). In most cases the addition of food acid is beneficial both for microbiological stability and taste ( just think to an lemon or cola drink, they must be acid to be good ). However, some other foods might require food acid for microbiological safety BUT the acid taste does not complement well ( a light cheese, a sauce as example ).

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Magic mask and Vape wizard are two different additives that do 2 different things.

I'm working on a possible DIY Magic mask/Vape Wizard. Haven't had a chance to get back to it this week, and I need to find some samples of the stuff to compare. It's worth noting that we should be able to figure it out!

DIY'ers are a crafty bunch! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread