The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Gus ESTIA : Unleash the Power√

Discussion in 'RTA' started by qorax, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Sorry ma'am, mine's work flawlessly on every mod ~ so I'm clueless why that's occurring with you :(

• Like Like x 2
  2. roxynoodle

roxynoodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Yeah, I absolutely can't figure out why its doing this. I have 3 sx minis, and its the same with all 3 of them, and only with the Estia. And its even more baffling that they worked perfectly together for a couple of months.

• Like Like x 2
  3. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Yes, it was loooooong due, I know ;)

• Like Like x 4
  4. suspectK

suspectK Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    Your bag is much cleaner than the two I have...I guess I got two for being so annoying about my one order.:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. graffiti

graffiti Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    CT
    qorax (or anyone with a hybrid estia): Have we determined a way to keep juice from leaking out the positive contact on the Estia? It doesn't bother me too much, but my batteries get kinda gross because it leaks a little constantly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    Pls keep the wick channels stuffed. And use the Juice Control for feed management. Keep the JC closed when not in use.

7. graffiti

Jan 23, 2014
    CT
    Juice control is always locked down. I find it draws better if you don't open it up at all. Wicks are all down in the channels, again, I find if they're not in then channels they don't wick very well (unlike the phenomenon build). It appears that a little juice is working its way down through the air holes under the coil. My coils are only about 2mm above the holes because throat hit is too much if I go higher than that. I wonder if that's the problem?

• Like Like x 1
  8. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I tend to keep my coils pretty low as well, as I don't like a lot of throat hit. I also don't have my tails all the way down, but I've seen others bring them all the way outside of the chimney. Could your tails be a little too thin?

• Like Like x 1
  9. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    What I meant was, pls keep the wick channels "totally packed tight" with cotton. This way excessive juice will not flow into the chamber. So, there wouldn't be unused juice to trickle down the 510. But this method will also give you dry hits as there'd be a blockage at the channels. This thus will need you to use the JC to feed in. And close it down when not in use.

And try and keep the coils around 1.2-1.5mm from the base's airholes.

10. graffiti

Jan 23, 2014
    CT
    Well, that's my problem then. It doesn't wick nearly fast enough if I 'pack' the channels with cotton. They're full, but no where near packed. I'm running it at right about 0.35Ω (3x 1.05ishΩ coils), so I need to have fairly fast wicking.

I'll just deal with a little leaking, in that case.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    i didnt get a nice bag with my phenomenoN...:( :( Just a big ball of bubble wrap! lol!

• Like Like x 1
  12. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    That was a bag his wife, Maria, made for the kiss qe mods..

The new lord mods look like they come out with a sexysexy black one..I'm sure, still handmade by her.

I wish I could offer more support to Gus. I was so surprised at the support and simple conversation I was given, through one of the toughest language barriers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    One of my Phenom Lites doesn't have a bag, but I accumulated parts and made it :D

My Estia doesn't have a bag either.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TheotherSteveS

TheotherSteveS Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2015
    London, England
    ok, i'm over the bag thing now. Thanks guys for the counselling! lol!

• Like Like x 2
  15. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    If mine weren't dirty, I'd send you one...I've realized there's so many people telling people what ohms law is and such, so I felt like I needed to toss some knowledge out there.:)

• Like Like x 2
  16. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I see there is a bell tank for the Estia now. I would love a fatty bell tank (as if my Estia doesn't have enough outfits).

• Like Like x 1
  17. qorax

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    I'd be reviewing the various ESTIA tanks soon, including the Bell and Straight tanks. And would be GIVING-AWAY one ESTIA. Should be ready around the weekend :)

• Like Like x 3
  18. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I wouldn't mind having a second one :). One of my fav attys, for certain.

I have two regular metal tanks, and two fatty metal tanks. And matching drip tips. Its a well accessorized atty, sporting fashionable looks. Apparently not the latest fashion though, the bell tank look.

• Like Like x 1
  19. suspectK

Aug 7, 2013
    Alabummer
    I need a 510 kit...But if you have one to spare, I will put it to good use with another gus tube. Who won the Lord you were giving away?xoxoXOXOxxxo :):) ;)-blink.

It's still my favorite atty..It's always going to be an all-star for me.

Since we're already in here, has his switch been improved since the kiss qe? I need to clean mine, but the button is almost seized up when operated.. Of course, this is discovered right after I use all the white vinegar...but I don't have this issue with any other mods. The bearing donut won't come off the switch either...it will move rather freely, but it gets stuck on the end of it.:/
    I'm going to build mine at a higher resistance..the tele-part of it scares me some time with its random hot flashes with how low I have the estia built.

Also, wouldn't mind being able to trade my polished ss, brass accent afc top cap for a sealed top cap.

I hope everything is going well for them in Greece...The news paints a picture, but not one for interpretation, just exploitation.lol.[remove soapbox]

• Like Like x 1
  20. roxynoodle

Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I changed mine to 510 from hybrid. Sedge posted my instructions for doing it a few pages back if you need them.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.