Status
Not open for further replies.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Another method I was going to try was an edge squonk hole...I've been playing with making my own covers, I think on one of my Grands I'll make a cover with no hole, stick a Vmod 10ml bottle in and mill a narrower, more elongated "middle/ring finger" hole on the edge...I've got a similar set-up on a dual 18650/Vmod 10ml bottle mech mod in a Hammond 1550P box I'm just putting the final touches on...mind you I didn't have much of a choice with that build as 2 batts and a bottle is wider than the inner dimensions of the box (by 2mm) so I had to mill a side slot so the bottle's edge is exposed...super easy to squonk and looks kinda cool.

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Quigs how difficult/easy was it to mod the Magma? Did you document it elsewhere in another thread on ECF?

Thanks
If you have a fairly accurate drill press the Magma is about as easy as it gets, unscrew the pos. pin screw, drill a hole right down the center and screw it back in... not a lot to document...but I don't think I'd attempt this one without a drill press, not a lot of room for error and I don't see an insulator option...I think gdeal posted some pics, I'll have to find the thread.

Last edited:

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
Haha...volkswagon on a reo... That makes it an Reo(speed)Wagon...:)

I was just cruising around here and saw the thread. Great Mod Quigs! Lefties everywhere will luv it. Here is the magma I modded, I used a hollowed out m3 (.5 thread) with an oring.

K4YwtkD.jpg

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
Haha...volkswagon on a reo... That makes it an Reo(speed)Wagon...:)

I was just cruising around here and saw the thread. Great Mod Quigs! Lefties everywhere will luv it. Here is the magma I modded, I used a hollowed out m3 (.5 thread) with an oring.

K4YwtkD.jpg
Perfect timing gdeal [emoji1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread