Hana Modz v3 - Full & Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
Just got my white carbon fiber Vapor Skinz skin in the mail. It looks pretty good and it has the little cut in the bottom for the back door, but it doesn't appear to have a hole for the red/green charging light. I guess it's nothing a little work with a blade won't fix, but I don't even care. That light is redundant, imo. Gonna clean the Hana with some alcohol before I try and attach it.

10478681_10153088664324782_6495546273241465214_n.jpg

Last edited:

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
Pocket:

Let me know what you think of the Vapon Skins. I'm definitely looking for an alternative to JWraps.

Hey Mykereid, I just put the vapor skin on and it fits better than I expected. I think I did a passable job attaching it, and it will def. help the polished aluminum from getting scratched up. White was probably a bad choice haha Here a few pics.
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Pictures when you get it done, please. I'm not happy with the results from the latest Jwrap.

Just got my white carbon fiber Vapor Skinz skin in the mail. It looks pretty good and it has the little cut in the bottom for the back door, but it doesn't appear to have a hole for the red/green charging light. I guess it's nothing a little work with a blade won't fix, but I don't even care. That light is redundant, imo. Gonna clean the Hana with some alcohol before I try and attach it.

View attachment 357442

Full Size said "too hot" during a 45 minute drive home. I managed to get the battery out and pulled into a gas station and replaced it with a fresh one. Boots up fine, wattage adjust works fine, I hit the fire button and the screen lights up as if its firing, but the ohms and volts don't read anything and its not firing. Release button and it still glows as if its firing until the battery is removed.

Any suggestions? I emailed Hana but they are dreadfully slow. And I just read they have a 90 day warranty which is extremely depressing given I paid 250 dollars and waited like 150 days for the thing to even ship to me.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
first of all that is a fake one but whatever. it is just a standard mini usb cable. any usb device will charge that. or any wall or car charger. any of them should provide .5a. that is the standard usb spec. there are chargers with more ma but they won't do anything different except perhaps cost more money. it probably comes with a cable but maybe not a wall charger. any computer/laptop will charge it.

however when you are buying fake goods anything goes. if it is way more than .5a it will start frying things.

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
As for my vapor skin, the skin does not have a hole for the red/green light, but I can see it just fine through the skin, itself. Also, I did have an issue with my Hana and my Macbook Pro. The charging was iffy when I plugged it in, but with a wall charger, I've had zero issues. :) My macbook was needing an update at the time I tried it, so that might have had something to do with the charging issue and it seemed to temporarily kill my usb port, but after the update completed, the port is back online and now I just use the wall charger.

Long story short, mine works great and it's an edc for me. The mechs are staying at home these days.

Last edited:

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands

PocketGroove

Apr 10, 2012
Naples, Italy
No problem, Pink. But I would be careful judging something based on your affinity for a clone, copy, or ripoff of it and how to clones performs, especially when it comes to electronic chips. If it's just a copper tube, made of the same grade copper, with the same silver plated contacts, you have a chance, if the threads and switch are well made. But I've bought enough cheap Chinese electronics to know that the genuine article performs better every time, and I'm willing to spend the extra cash on the quality and peace of mind knowing I have a warranty, exchange policy, and faith in a brand I trust. Granted, I don't have much faith in Hana as a brand, as of yet. But I have seen them taking returns and fixing the problems...even if youtube complains that they didn't get a whole new unit. Anyways, a lot of clones are crap, a few are really good. It really has no direct correlation to the original product itself, unless it's manufactured in the same place with the same parts.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
True true, I'am mostly not amused of buying a clone or how they want to call it.

I bought my Taifun GS in Germany, the official place to buy, that is near The Netherlands. I imported a Phiniac tank, its not funny how much that costs from USA to The Neterlands, but that's ok, I knew the Phiniac is a great looking tank.
Then to import the Hana with the risk I'am not gonna like that device, so this is the first time I do it on this way, If I gonna like that device, I for sure want an authentic, but like I said in a post before, I'am not sure if its something for me, bc exactly what you tell in your post, a chip and more of that... again, I dont know if I'am gonna like that.

Anyway, I do have an authentic Taifun GS, but I will never judge someone who doesn't have, It's ok someone did bought a clone, we all vapers at the end ;)

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
the problem is you can't judge the real thing by the clone most likely. if the clone is junk then you may think the real thing must be junk. I can tell you, not so! cheap Chinese electronics suck! I always buy usa,japan,Germany,uk whatever. for electronics. you are messing with high amps too. there could even be a bad accident. I have seen china electrical that was so unsafe and not ce,ul. they smuggle it into the usa. this stuff is not even legal here. again, I don't mean to be a jerk and bash china. they do make good stuff but it is not cheap either.

I would not plug a 30 amp battery into a computer. it could be fine but at worst it could blow the controller. it can be done but why risk that? you say goodbye to $1,500 computer then. it is within usb spec but it is the maximum and takes several hours. not the best thing to do imo.

plus, I suggest never use a Chinese battery if it comes with one! that is bad news. use sony or Panasonic.

FStopFive

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I agree with everything nic_fix said. If anything a clone would probably turn someone away from getting a legit version if it's a poor clone (which chances are pretty good it will be).

In other news, I still absolutely love my legit Hana. I probably take better care of it than I do myself. I never thought I'd say this, but I honestly have no desire to get any other mod. I've got my Hana and an authentic Electric Angel mech mod, and they're my best friends (not literally).

Pink: Trust me, I realize a these babies are pretty pricey...but I've legitimately never met anyone who didn't absolutely love theirs. To me, it's a decision between gambling $50-$100 on a clone that might function, or save up a bit of additional money and get the real deal and be assured you'll like it. That's why I don't do clones. I know the temptation of saving money on something, but not at the cost of performance and function (IMO).

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
it is like in the 80's when they made Lamborghini kit cars. sure, you could look like you have a lambo but they were very unsafe. if it came to that I would simply do without it. or I would rather pony up than be sorry. keep in mind these things could explode in ones face! there is just no safety standards on Chinese electronics. a mech is different. if the threads and switch work it is just a metal tube. still, I personally feel it is wrong to rip off legit products. I mean a fake rolex won't kill you but it really does hurt the brand. of course a lot of people could care less about that. I don't judge anyone either. that's up to them. the only point is what we are discussing here could actually prove to be very dangerous. I am not joking. I have bought Chinese amplifiers on ebay that caught fire. they were even original designs. it is just that anything goes there. in established countries there are safety standards. I don't mean to rant but this stuff is nothing to mess with imo. especially in ones face!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread