Hana Modz v3 or Hana Modz mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
Lipo batteries are supposed to have a better discharge profile if I understand correctly. I think Brandon mentioned he prefers them as well.

Hana is rumored to be coming out with a 2000mah lipo replacement for the mini soon.

Besides that, it's the fact that, even with my other mods with less than 1200mAh, I have no trouble keeping them charged. Honestly, whom among us is away from a usb or power source for even a half-day? Not me.

Then we have the advent of these lipstick-tube sized, or cell phone sized battery packs (like Hana shows on their Facebook).

Some of them go up to 18,000mAh! Most of them have multiple outlets, as well. I have no trouble keeping one of them in my pocket, plugged into the Mini, and keeping the battery at full charge. It's actually better than carrying a case with spare 18650s. I can't keep my cell phone charged with an 18650.

Thats my reasoning. The Mini's size is a thousand times more conducive to an E-Cig mod than the Full as I use them.

Besides, once the Fascists outlaw electronic cigarettes, you're going to want something you can hide.... ;)

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

Delmed83

Feb 18, 2014
CT
Just got a Hana Modz V3 Mini earlier today. To try it out immediately, I put on my Nimbus RDA w/ 0.7 ohm dual coil build. Now, i had been previously using this same build on my VTR for the past couple of days. Let me tell you; what a difference!!!!! I'm running it at 17.5 Watts (its hitting at 3.5V not even sure if its regulating as I'm new to DNA at the moment) and this thing heat's up the coils instantly. I was getting some serious lag on the VTR. The hit is just so much smoother overall on the Hana. Just wish I had the full size! Who knows, I may get that one as well if I could.

P.S. This thing is TINY!!!

SAX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Austin, TX
Yep, (AAV) they started at 3pm Thursday befor last and I was there at 2:55pm was second in line to pick up a nice RED one :) Both my Opus D and my Darwin are taking a rest as this is my go to MOD! LOVE IT!

No idea, ive not seen any blacks.

one local B&M had only four mini's in stock-- 2xred, 1xblue, and 1xgreen. Sold out in hours locallly (no web sales).

Another local B&M got a decent batch of ~20 minis/regulars. The regulars were gone in 2 days (again, no web) and the minis are just about sold out, i think they only have green available now. Yesterday i went in and they found a gunmetal mini "in the back" and i snagged it. If they havent all sold by thursday, they will put them up for online sale and i think they will be gone before then.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
The j wraps "V3 wrap" definitely does not fit the Hana v3 perfectly. It seems they created it without actually having the device. I shouldn't have to cut a pre-cut wrap just to make pieces fit.

Sent from my Xperia Z1

My vaporskinz wrap didnt fit right either. Like if you matched the circle cut outs up perfectly, the rest won't line up and other cut outs for the rest of the mod will be slightly off. You'd think lining up one part would ensure the rest would line up to but nopeee

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

ChiefAllDay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
Ft. Campbell, KY
After over a week of use with my full sized V3, I have come to the conclusion that there is no way in hell I would be happy with a Mini. I have a new Sony VTC4 in there, and a spare if need be, but I normally just charge when I goto sleep. That said, the days when I am not working, and can vape at will, I can kill the battery well before bedtime. And if I throw on a dual coil in any of my atty's, and vape where I enjoy my Deadly Sin at (around 18-21 watts) I might get a good four hours of vape time.
Side note, I really like the fact I got a serial number (313) on the full sized. It just makes it that much more personalized to me.

Keynith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2011
Atlanta
Don't you forget that, hana is going to release the 2000mah for the mini, also there is a way to mod your mini to be compatible with 18650 with maybe about 40mins if your fast.

Yeah but it I've seen the minis with Russians/kayfuns on them and it doesn't look good with the atty being almost as big as the mod. but thats just my opinion. full size is the perfect size for me.

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS
Yeah but it I've seen the minis with Russians/kayfuns on them and it doesn't look good with the atty being almost as big as the mod. but thats just my opinion. full size is the perfect size for me.

I agree, I bought nano kits with my kfl/r91/taifungt, it would be appealing to me. The size of it will fit my pocket nicely too :)

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
Don't you forget that, hana is going to release the 2000mah for the mini, also there is a way to mod your mini to be compatible with 18650 with maybe about 40mins if your fast.

Just a matter of a cut and a splice of the battery leads to the wires of the smallest 18650 cradle you can find.

The thought of pulling out the board, in order to desolder the battery wires, and replace with new ones just seems a bit risky and unnecessary. They have that board hot glued in there like crazy on the two I've seen.

Also, they have the internals locked under plastic and sealed with a warranty seal. Once you break that seal, the warranty is void.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
My vaporskinz wrap didnt fit right either. Like if you matched the circle cut outs up perfectly, the rest won't line up and other cut outs for the rest of the mod will be slightly off. You'd think lining up one part would ensure the rest would line up to but nopeee

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3

Sorry to hear that. I was looking at those. Did you at least get it on, and looking half decent? Or was it a total waste?

I found the battery to be really insufficient for me..vaping dual .8 coils..

I did modify mine for 18650 already

pe3aba4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wowoboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
GS
@ryan

Bro, I know it's at the tip of our finger to do this as I'm a mechanical/electronics eng student, but you have to realize that once you do modification to the mod, BAAM warranty voided. So my advice is to wait for 2000 mah that hana is releasing and play safe, unless you have too much $$ or you mod has already pass the warranty stage.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
I found the battery to be really insufficient for me..vaping dual .8 coils..

I did modify mine for 18650 already

pe3aba4e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious why you chose to lay it straight in? Did you ever try to fit in a battery cradle?

The picture I have in my head involves sliding an 18650 cradle in the battery compartment and just splicing the battery leads from the pcb.

This picture will have to remain in my head until I actually receive my hana mini in 2040 or thereabouts.....

digitals

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Indiana
I chose both Reg & Mini. I was lucky enough to purchase the Mini prior to jumping in a preorder for the Reg, which I don't have yet. The mini is powerful, and sexy small as well.

I don't know about most, but I'm vaping a micro coil @ 1.4 & 15w. I can get 1.5 days off the LiPo in the mini. Probably could have gone longer, but I felt it was due for a charge.

I haven't opened mine up to check serials or to see if the battery pack is removable. I haven't put the thing down since purchasing 3-4 weeks ago.

Great device, and the cherry red finish is absolutely stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread