The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hard hitting squonk

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by Joshmain1989, Jan 19, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    I was expecting you to say shapeways. They are a 3d printing company that a few of the above mods use. If you are tempted, you can get a toaster design enclosure from there and then make your own from just a handful of parts (I can give you links if you want them).

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    For a step up from Pulse, if you're OK with 18650 and don't want to spend a lot, the Armageddon is a pretty good deal.
    Not my favorite mod...but for $100, you get silverplate contacts, and a straightforward delrin box that just plain works pretty good...

upload_2018-1-21_1-27-34.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Joshmain1989

Joshmain1989 Full Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Yea man Ild appreciate it bro

• Like Like x 1
  4. dhomes

dhomes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2012
    maracaibo
    <$100, DotSquonk, compact, 20700/18650, hits harder than my pulse, rig squonk and reos

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tom Forde

Tom Forde Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    Under 150? Delrin Purge Squonker. Ceracoated Aluminum door, sheet silver contacts...very hard hitting. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
  6. Evanleese

Evanleese Full Member

Jun 1, 2017
    I run .07 on a pulse all day with ZERO PROBLEMS WITH A 20700 BATTERY

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Evanleese

Evanleese Full Member

Jun 1, 2017
    To each their own- but - as long as you're waiting 20 sec in between vapes, you are simply PULSING .. on a solid copper mech I've gone lower .NEVER VENTED A BATTERY

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steve Parry

Steve Parry Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    I agree with @entropy1049 on the Rig Squonker. I have both it and the Driptech DS and I notice no difference in voltage drop between the two, and in theory the DS should hit harder because it has 2 batteries. That being said, the Rig requires a little more maintenance to keep that low voltage drop. It's a beast though. Well worth the $.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Why?

:facepalm:

iJoy 40A 3000mAh 20700 Bench Test Results...overrated but a good 30A battery

• Like Like x 2
  10. entropy1049

entropy1049 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a DS (and a TS) as well. Probably my favorite squonkers for the sake of battery life. But for flat out performance in a robust mod, the Rig gets the prize. That circuit path is unbelievable...looks like something out of an elevator controller :D

I don’t have the AMFG or Purge squonkers, but knowing the two producers, they have to be winners.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Outcast

Outcast Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2013
    Vermont
    Untitled BLK_WHT
    [​IMG]
    130$ and one of the hardest hitting u can get out side of a pure silver for 400+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like Like x 3
  12. Outcast

Outcast Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2013
    Vermont
    Nice good build this is how I build but if ur going to share this be ready for the bashing and the hate but ur not vaping with in what thy think is best or safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    As long as there have been people on this Planet, there have been people Doing Stupid and Unsafe things. It just kinda Is what it Is.

But what a Very Few on this Forum can't get their Head's Around is just about Nobody Cares what they do in their Life.

It's when those Very Few come to a Public Forum that contains Many Members who are New and or Uneducated about what can happen when things go Wrong with a Mech Mod, and then Post things that could Encourage an New or Uneducated person to Try it, that is when you will see people getting Bent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. entropy1049

entropy1049 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If your running 0.07 on a single 20700, your clock is ticking. When the hammer falls, do vaping a favor and own the fact that it was not a failure of equipment that lead to the mishap, but your own choice to disregard the laws of circuit theory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    The SQ by signature tips hits notoriously hard. It's a little over your budget, but it's very nice.
    Or you can opt for about a million other options of the same variation. The fewer the parts, the harder it will hit. A manually adjustable 510 will have less voltage drop than spring loaded. A 1 piece contact bar will have less voltage drop than something complicated. A solid negative contact will have less voltage drop than a spring. Silver contacts might edge out copper by a smidge and require less maintenance.
    The Mölly is an excellent choice. The 67 neo is another excellent choice. Building your own using a Floris enclosure, a moddog or modmaker 510 and some beryllium copper from Amazon is the most economical way to get minimal voltage drop and excellent performance for a fraction of the cost. Milled delrin enclosures that are super durable and top shelf guts. Plus, you built it, so if anything happens, you can fix it for pennies. That means it'll last you forever and you'll never have to send it in for repairs.
    I've had the nicest, fanciest, most sought after mechanical squonkers money can buy. The little orcas are by far, my favorites.
    rps20180211_100029.jpg
    All that being said, you really need to learn how to build for a mech. If you need to run a .1 ohm build to get a vape you enjoy, you haven't learned how to build for a mech. There's ways to get the same result that don't involve stressing cells and swapping cells every 20 minutes.... But, if that's what you're into, who am I to judge?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Joshmain1989

Joshmain1989 Full Member

Jun 27, 2017
    Would you happen to have any suggestions my dude

17. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Suggestions for what?

18. sheboygenz

sheboygenz New Member

Jan 17, 2015
    USA
    signature tips sq box mod is really nice but in the 200$ area..I seen a test done where they ran a vtc5a at a .12ohm fixed load and the sq had a .7v drop. On the other hand the wotofo nudge(also has a 30amp fuse inline for a little protection) which can be had for under 30$ had a .8v drop in the same environment the sq was tested in. While the pulse dropped 1.02v.
    There were a few other ones tested as well by djlsb labs.