Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
Na. I can’t remember the name of the site actually but it was pretty awesome

I was expecting you to say shapeways. They are a 3d printing company that a few of the above mods use. If you are tempted, you can get a toaster design enclosure from there and then make your own from just a handful of parts (I can give you links if you want them).

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
For a step up from Pulse, if you're OK with 18650 and don't want to spend a lot, the Armageddon is a pretty good deal.
Not my favorite mod...but for $100, you get silverplate contacts, and a straightforward delrin box that just plain works pretty good...

upload_2018-1-21_1-27-34.png

Joshmain1989

Jun 27, 2017
I was expecting you to say shapeways. They are a 3d printing company that a few of the above mods use. If you are tempted, you can get a toaster design enclosure from there and then make your own from just a handful of parts (I can give you links if you want them).
Yea man Ild appreciate it bro

Reactions: stols001

Evanleese

Jun 1, 2017
If want to pull 28 Amps thru a Squonk Mod (4.2 Volts / 0.15 Ohms = 28 Amps) then that is going to require a Single 35 Amp Battery. And there aren't too many of those out there.

Or you could go with a Dual Parallel Battery Mod. But a Dual Parallel Battery Squonk Mod is going to be a pretty Big Mod.

Is there any way to Build a Little Higher in the Ohms Department? Or does it have to be a 0.15 Ohms Build?
I run .07 on a pulse all day with ZERO PROBLEMS WITH A 20700 BATTERY

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
EDIT: the Driptech DS/TS is a nice option should the OP prefer a parallel box.
I agree with @entropy1049 on the Rig Squonker. I have both it and the Driptech DS and I notice no difference in voltage drop between the two, and in theory the DS should hit harder because it has 2 batteries. That being said, the Rig requires a little more maintenance to keep that low voltage drop. It's a beast though. Well worth the $.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Why?

:facepalm:

I would like to preface this by saying I absolutely do not encourage anyone to vape like I do---now ... I own both versions of the xxx mod and have been using these batteries(ijoy20700) and they tear up( become permanently weak ) very fast compared to the 18650s I use. I run .05-.08 and take around 6-10 pulls before charging as to not allow the battery to get hot..they lasted about a week and a half compared to about two months for the 18650( aspire 1800, lg hb6) . Also the thermal coupling tends to become damaged instantly on a few Ive gotten .. then they don't fire at all without going straight to red hot... just putting some real life info to the discussion.. have tried one Sanyo 20700a and it hits harder and hasn't stopped for the month Ive had it ... this might be useful to those who vape mechs this way ( more vape this way than most realize).. looking forward to the big three making a more quality product

iJoy 40A 3000mAh 20700 Bench Test Results...overrated but a good 30A battery

Last edited:

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I agree with @entropy1049 on the Rig Squonker. I have both it and the Driptech DS and I notice no difference in voltage drop between the two, and in theory the DS should hit harder because it has 2 batteries. That being said, the Rig requires a little more maintenance to keep that low voltage drop. It's a beast though. Well worth the $.

I have a DS (and a TS) as well. Probably my favorite squonkers for the sake of battery life. But for flat out performance in a robust mod, the Rig gets the prize. That circuit path is unbelievable...looks like something out of an elevator controller :D

I don’t have the AMFG or Purge squonkers, but knowing the two producers, they have to be winners.

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont

Nice good build this is how I build but if ur going to share this be ready for the bashing and the hate but ur not vaping with in what thy think is best or safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nice good build this is how I build but if ur going to share this be ready for the bashing and the hate but ur not vaping with in what thy think is best or safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As long as there have been people on this Planet, there have been people Doing Stupid and Unsafe things. It just kinda Is what it Is.

But what a Very Few on this Forum can't get their Head's Around is just about Nobody Cares what they do in their Life.

It's when those Very Few come to a Public Forum that contains Many Members who are New and or Uneducated about what can happen when things go Wrong with a Mech Mod, and then Post things that could Encourage an New or Uneducated person to Try it, that is when you will see people getting Bent.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
If your running 0.07 on a single 20700, your clock is ticking. When the hammer falls, do vaping a favor and own the fact that it was not a failure of equipment that lead to the mishap, but your own choice to disregard the laws of circuit theory.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The SQ by signature tips hits notoriously hard. It's a little over your budget, but it's very nice.
Or you can opt for about a million other options of the same variation. The fewer the parts, the harder it will hit. A manually adjustable 510 will have less voltage drop than spring loaded. A 1 piece contact bar will have less voltage drop than something complicated. A solid negative contact will have less voltage drop than a spring. Silver contacts might edge out copper by a smidge and require less maintenance.
The Mölly is an excellent choice. The 67 neo is another excellent choice. Building your own using a Floris enclosure, a moddog or modmaker 510 and some beryllium copper from Amazon is the most economical way to get minimal voltage drop and excellent performance for a fraction of the cost. Milled delrin enclosures that are super durable and top shelf guts. Plus, you built it, so if anything happens, you can fix it for pennies. That means it'll last you forever and you'll never have to send it in for repairs.
I've had the nicest, fanciest, most sought after mechanical squonkers money can buy. The little orcas are by far, my favorites.
rps20180211_100029.jpg

All that being said, you really need to learn how to build for a mech. If you need to run a .1 ohm build to get a vape you enjoy, you haven't learned how to build for a mech. There's ways to get the same result that don't involve stressing cells and swapping cells every 20 minutes.... But, if that's what you're into, who am I to judge?

Last edited:

Joshmain1989

Jun 27, 2017
The SQ by signature tips hits notoriously hard. It's a little over your budget, but it's very nice.
Or you can opt for about a million other options of the same variation. The fewer the parts, the harder it will hit. A manually adjustable 510 will have less voltage drop than spring loaded. A 1 piece contact bar will have less voltage drop than something complicated. A solid negative contact will have less voltage drop than a spring. Silver contacts might edge out copper by a smidge and require less maintenance.
The Mölly is an excellent choice. The 67 neo is another excellent choice. Building your own using a Floris enclosure, a moddog or modmaker 510 and some beryllium copper from Amazon is the most economical way to get minimal voltage drop and excellent performance for a fraction of the cost. Milled delrin enclosures that are super durable and top shelf guts. Plus, you built it, so if anything happens, you can fix it for pennies. That means it'll last you forever and you'll never have to send it in for repairs.
I've had the nicest, fanciest, most sought after mechanical squonkers money can buy. The little orcas are by far, my favorites.
View attachment 731537
All that being said, you really need to learn how to build for a mech. If you need to run a .1 ohm build to get a vape you enjoy, you haven't learned how to build for a mech. There's ways to get the same result that don't involve stressing cells and swapping cells every 20 minutes.... But, if that's what you're into, who am I to judge?
Would you happen to have any suggestions my dude

sheboygenz

Jan 17, 2015
USA
signature tips sq box mod is really nice but in the 200$ area..I seen a test done where they ran a vtc5a at a .12ohm fixed load and the sq had a .7v drop. On the other hand the wotofo nudge(also has a 30amp fuse inline for a little protection) which can be had for under 30$ had a .8v drop in the same environment the sq was tested in. While the pulse dropped 1.02v.
There were a few other ones tested as well by djlsb labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread