Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
A used therion will likely cost less. I have found that for myself single battery DNA75c squonks only have sufficient battery life for MTL applications.
You can fit a 20700 into it, if this helps. It is in the selectable list on the right.
Not sure if you are interested or not, but you can buy just the raw dna boards. $50 for the 75 and $75 for the 75C. Then you could build any enclosure you want for it.
Where do you buy squonk enclosures?

smiddlet68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, for my first try, I think a kit might be the best choice. There is an option to buy without the board. I have a couple of DNA 75 boards.
Go For It !! will be fun to do. i did a non squonk one way back when the hana mods were around.. its was cool to do

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not a single squonk enclosure in that list. :( I never heard of Goodle. As I use Google, Startpage, Bing, etc.
You didn't look that hard.

New-Nasy-Squonk-1-324x324.jpg
Mods by Nasy

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Sorry I should have been more clear. Like CMD-Ky, I would be far more interested in DNA squonk enclosures. As I have like 30 spare DNA boards and zero spare Yihi boards. And Google is a good way to spend a half a day looking through stuff you are not interested in. But an eager experienced person gets you directly there. Machines can't replace all humans yet. :lol:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
All thou I haven't made any BF'ers from ABM, I have 2 of his kits & can say they are Good!
Also Dan the owner is a great guy! Very helpful & easy to work with :)

These are an ABM 1&2 the smaller one (ABM1) is a 75c with a 21700 & the bigger one (ABM2) is a 250c with a 4S Lipo

LsynLjD.jpg

sDXJY7X.jpg

If you want to build a single 2X700 BF'er? Here's a good option :)
Evolv DNA 75c 2x700 Squonker *BODY* by backbite on Shapeways
It will cost a few $ but it's a Nice Looking Mod :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I did it. I hope that I am more capable with this kit than I was originally when I tried to post a link.

When I am finished, would anyone like to volunteer their services as a beta tester? :lol:
That’s why they make fireproof gloves and bullet proof glass. Honestly it should work ok though, as long as you follow the directions and don’t screw up the soldering.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I did it. I hope that I am more capable with this kit than I was originally when I tried to post a link.

When I am finished, would anyone like to volunteer their services as a beta tester? :lol:

Dan (ABM) has a YT channel with many helpful build videos :)
Analog Box Mods

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    Dan's really a great guy.
    Dan (ABM) has a YT channel with many helpful build videos :)
    Analog Box Mods
    And 1 year later 'DNA 75 3D Printed Squonk DIY Box Mod Build' this 'Truck bed liner' spray still looks like brand new (Das my mod)

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave

Good luck and post some pics of your handy work when finished.

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    If you like tinkering with your hands and are up for a project, why not? I've never been interested in making my own mod, myself.

I used to love making those plastic model cars, airplanes, ships, by myself.

For me it was more about the older wooden car, plane, boat kits, building model railroads etc. Guess I have also outgrown that as well IAMA four V2.2 Kits and 2 Sculpteo printed Peko's and all the extras needed to do so that have still never been built four years after I bought them. Yet another $200++ vaping dollars that could have been better spent. :facepalm:

p1-2.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread