Status
Not open for further replies.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Finally made it to Home Depot yesterday and picked up the A-50 saddle valve. Worst part of using it was putting it together...lol. I also got some Goof Off / Goo Gone and it sure did the trick getting the remaining adhesive off the carto -- thank you Vapian. (I promise to never, ever buy a non stainless Boge again). Did a few practice runs using some old cartos to get the feel of punching the holes. It really is not that hard after a few tries.
Assembled the carto per the instructions that came with it. Filled the tank 2/3 full and also had the carto prefilled. No major problems at all. The only little problem I encountered when assembling the tank was the carto did not sit perfectly straight in the bottom cap so getting the top cap on was a little trying, but I finally got it. I was worried about stripping the threads from pushing too hard. I'm wondering if the act of punching the hole may have "skewed" the carto.
Once it was all assembled, I had to take a few minutes to admire the device. It truly is a well made item. I then put it on my ProVari with no extension or adapter and WOW, what a great vape. Clouds of thick vapor -- using 85/15 PG/VG juice. It did take a little time to get the full flavor of the juice, but I'm writing that off to a break in period of sorts. I'm loving this device.
The only other little problem I ran into (and I think this was of my own doing as well) was some leakage from the battery end of the carto as I went to put on the top cap. I think I made too large of a hole in the carto and that allowed juice to flow out. If that carto was perfectly straight, it would not have taken so long to get the top cap on and hence less leakage. For the time being, I'm holding the tank over a small cup to catch any juice until this carto wears out. It's not a huge flow, btw.... just enough to make my one hand greasy if I get it in the way. I'm willing to put up with that for now because once I do have it put together, it works like a champ. It does not leak after I get the top cap on and that's why I think the hole is too large. I've already filled it 4 times and the carto is still going strong. I'm curious to see how long the carto lasts. I do have a new carto prepared with a much smaller hole and hopefully that will fix the leaking problem.
This tank is definitely the best one I have tried hands down. It is so easy to use and vapor production is absolutely fantastic. I give it a 5+ star rating. I was a little concerned using it on my 'Vari, but there is enough of a gap for good air flow. I am one happy camper and hope to pick up one or two more of these dandy little devices. I know my wife is going to want one and I'd like a spare with different juice for a change of pace once in a while.
Thank you Stormy for offering such a fine product.
Man oh man, I sure can write a windy post -- sorry about that.....lol horton -- out

PS --- Had to ask this question.... could one put the carto into the tank unfilled and then fill the tank and let the juice in the tank slowly fill the carto? I know it would take longer, but I'm just curious if this is possible. Please don't hammer me too hard for this question......lol

Last edited:

ms421

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
OKC
Horton . . . for what it's worth, I am using a Provari, also, and have had absolutely no leaking issues . . . I wonder if the little o-ring you have installed on your carto might be "askew" a bit or someting? That said, I am on my second carto and experimented with this one by punching a smaller hole ( you can hardly see the hole . . . I just stopped as soon as I felt the carto being pierced ) . . . I use 60% vg-40% pg juice and the small hole wicks just fine . . . as far as filling, I punched the hole first and then filled the carto using the condom method . . . I put the white mouthpiece part of the carto into the condom until juice comes out the battery end . . . wipe off the excess and install the little o-ring and then screw it into the tank . . . works like a champ! BTW: I have noticed something interesting . . . I have all black Boge's, too . . . I purchased them from 2 different vendors and one set is very easy to get the stickers off of, while the other is near impossible! Hmmm . . . don't know what the deal is as they are in the exact same boxes and packages, but the glue is definately different on both!

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Thanks for the reply and advice, MS. I will check out the o-ring on the carto next time I need to refill. I certainly could have a twist in the o-ring from getting it over the threads. I tried to stretch it but didn't want to go too far with pulling on it for fear of breaking it. They look awful delicate. I basically let it roll into position.

The smaller hole also makes a lot of sense. You definitely can feel that little "pop" when the tip goes through the side of the carto and I'll stop at that point. Maybe the carto will sit straighter by not making the larger hole as well so I'm not fighting to get the top cap on. It's difficult to look at the carto from the side and even see any deformity that would cause it to sit askew -- I just see a "dimple" where I made the hole. but maybe the pressure from the saddle valve "crunched" the carto and makes it sit a little crooked. Can always make the hole bigger if I need to, but I use lower VG juice than you do, so I don't think there will be an issue having a smaller hole. I filled mine by dripping, but think next carto I'll give your method a try. Sure will be less tedious than dripping and counting drops...lol.

I've had the same experience with the stickers you have. I can't remember where I got the Boge's from, but all the boxes are the same. They also are all the same ohm rating. I do remember ordering them from several vendors but as I mentioned it was a long time ago because I got on the CE2 bandwagon and haven't used a polyfilled carto for a very long time. For a while I was wondering if maybe one order of cartos had sat out in the hot sun in my mailbox for a longer period than the others and the adhesive had "melted" a little and made things harder to do. It does get like an oven in that box and when I do have stuff ordered I try to keep an eye out for the mailman so packages don't sit in the box any longer than necessary. Hard to say why some of those stickers are such a bear to get off. I absolutely hate cleaning off left over adhesive. I'm always concerned about accidentally contaminating the polyfill with the solvents I'm using.

Overall though, I still have no major issues with these wonderful new tanks. The craftsmanship is so good and precise. I really like the fact that the endcaps are threaded. It's a much more "positive" means of closure. One other little thing I did forget to mention in my first post is that most of my drip tips will not fit this tank. Only one will go in without feeling like I'm having to jam it in. I don't want to exert any more pressure than necessary lest I damage the tank. I'm going to try using some different o-rings on the tips to see if that will make a difference. As long as one fits, I'm a happy camper.

Thanks again for your reply.... horton -- out

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I tried a compromise with the carto. I put about 10 - 15 drops in and then fill the tank roughly 7/8 full. I've have less leakage doing it that way because the polyfill is already somewhat saturated and takes the juice faster. It really is boring filling the cartos and I also figured why not let the tank do most of the work? lol
I love the way the tank works. No muss, no fuss... a truly wonderful design. Can't wait to see what Arry has in store with V4.
Just my 2 pennies worth..... horton -- out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread