The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Have you ever actually...

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by gpjoe, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    ...worn out a squonk bottle?

I haven't.

I have yet to use a squonk bottle until it wears out, being a leak or break. I use at least five or six different squonkers daily, so maybe it's just a matter of the rotation that my bottles seem indestructible. The only time I have ever changed a bottle was to prevent flavor "ghosting".

So, I'm wondering about others experiences. Have you ever used a bottle until it broke or otherwise ceased to function properly?

At the rate I am going through bottles my stash will last several lifetimes, and I'm wondering if it is really necessary to have more than just a couple of back-up bottles per each type of mod.

An example of excess, IMO, was a Pico Squeeze that I bought second-hand. I bought it because the seller had packaged as a lot with a black Wasp Nano RDA, and black Pulse 22 RDA. I think I paid 30 bucks for the lot, and really just bought it for the RDAs figuring the Pico was a "throw-in" and might make a nice beater. Anyway, the kicker was that the mod came with 10 spare bottles, plus one in the mod. I can't imagine ever using the mod enough to go though 11 bottles, even if I used it as my primary mod every day. I'm thinking the mod would go belly-up before I used up all 11 bottles.

Which leads me to a follow-up question:

How many bottles have you hoarded? I can't even say for sure (and too lazy to dig them out for a count), but I'm guessing I have at least 60 total for my five Reos, two Pulse mods, three Coppervape mods, Hugo Squeezer, and the Pico, of course. Most are for the Reos, and I have not bought more than a couple of spares for the Pulse and Squeezer.

Anyway, two part question: How many spare bottles have you hoarded, and do you routinely (or ever) use them until they cease to function?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    This many:
    [​IMG]

Just kidding, those were for a CoOp I ran.

I've been using that style bottle, the original Italian "Super Soft", ever since. It's been over two years. I probably have a dozen spares. I have yet to kill one.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had an OG REO bottle split on me back in the day but that's the only instance I can recall.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I’ve had unicorn bottle tips fray on me. Not sure that applies though.

5. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    That's a lotta bottles.

I use the same Italian bottles with my Reos, and haven't had one fail yet.

• Like Like x 2
  6. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I never used one long enough to split, but I can see that happening, since they are harder and more brittle than the Italian soft bottles or silicone. I have a bunch, but no longer use them.

They have been relegated to back-up, back-up duty. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Never had that happen, must have been well used.

8. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    I killed a Reo bottle a couple of years ago by accidently running it over with my chair. The wheel caught it right at the threading and crushed it beyond repair. Other than that, I’ve yet to have a bottle fail on me.

Despite the nearly 100% survival rate, I still buy spares for every squonker I get to keep that ‘what if someday I need one and won’t be able to get it’ scratch itched. I don't even want to think how many I have stashed away.

• Like Like x 3
  9. gpjoe

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I think we've all had the same itch.

The reason I posted this is I was adding some stuff to my cart at eciggity and before check out I made a final pass through the accessories, just to see if I was missing anything. Saw the colored silicone bottles for the Pulse mod (of which I have three or four back-up bottles) and added a few more in different colors.

Got me to wondering if I REALLY needed them or was just scratching. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    I'm the same way,never had a bottle go bad on me,but still buy spares every time i get a mod that uses a bottle i don't have yet haha.I used my inbox every day for close to 2 years,and still has the original bottle in it,even though i bought 10 spares with the mod.I have a couple squonkers that use those little square soy bottles,i have 225 spares of those haha,only because they were dirt cheap,i think i paid like $6 for all of them.I also have around 60 bottles i like from Ft,but those are spares plus to switch out into mods that have bottles i don't like,like those stupidly soft silicone ones,i always pull those and switch with bottles from my stash.

• Like Like x 3
  11. hazozita

hazozita Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    That gave me a chuckle since I did the EXACT SAME thing this morning. Had an Eciggity cart loaded up for their 16% off sale, gave the accessory section a last look, and a orange Pulse bottle just begged to be liberated from the Eciggity stockroom. And I already have 3 Pulse bottles.

Perfectly normal, sound-thinking behavior. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. glasseye

glasseye Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I had a bottle go bad in a Steam Crave. It split a tiny bit on a seam. Took me too long to notice and the whole thing was ruined. Probably took so long to notice because the juice was getting up in there and like you said...never had a bottle go bad before that.
    I have all kinds of different bottles, but not too many.

13. spada

spada Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 22, 2013
    Bensalem pa.
    I had one of the first soft bottles from Reo split on me at the bottom seam

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. 73neb

73neb Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 27, 2014
    N. California Bay Area
    Why wife wore a small hole in one of the Italian softies from Rossum’s co-op. Kept squonking it with her thumbnail, and it was the only mod she vaped, all day, every day. I rotate several mods daily and have yet to wear out a bottle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. cliffy15

cliffy15 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Honolulu, HI
    Ugh. This is me. I haven't even been squonking for half a year and between the 6 squonk mods I have, I may also have an assortment of 50, or so, various types of bottles.

16. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member

Jan 12, 2018
    I have one fail not squonk bottle but squonk refill bottle from hugo vapor .... I like that soft silicon refill but just too fragile on top ...

17. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    When I got my 1st Squonk Mod, the DripBox 60w, I was kinda Concerned because extra bottles were Not Available. And I remember breathing a Big Sigh of relief when I finally got my hands one some.

That was about 2 Years ago. And I'm still on the Original Bottle.

Same with my Pico Squeeze(s) and my CopperVape(s). Got a Bunch of Extra Bottles for them. And still on my Original Bottle for Both.

Maybe it is because these Bottles are not the Super Soft Silicone type? Maybe it is because I only run Unflavored thru them? Maybe it is because I started Squonking with only 1 Bottle and used a Very Light Touch for fear of splitting a seam? Or maybe a combination of column "A", "B", and a little of Column "C"?

Dunno?

But I think you are right. And I think I can Safely say that I think my DripBox(s) and Pico Squeeze(s) will go to The Great Gig in the Sky before I use up the 10 Extra Bottles I have for them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    I've had a square soy sauce bottle split on me but not an OG REO bottle and that is all I use now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Nope, no catastrophic failures but I do change them out fairly regularly. I use China's variation of the Italian Super soft bottles. I got some bad Italians that wouldn't seal properly and tried some fakes. They were $6 for a 10 pack and as an extra bonus, they have a little engraving on the cap for better grip. The tubes are nice and already installed ... Just cut to length. No odor, no issues .

So, I bought about 100 of them and I swap them out whenever I want . Haven't had any fail. Actually, in 4 years of running squonkers, I've never had a bottle break....plenty of cap leaks though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. untar

untar Vaping Master

Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Teflon tape is the weapon of choice against leaky caps or threads. Pointless in cheap bottles, but some of the more expensive ones with the metal cap need a bit of help to stay continent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.