Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Teflon tape is the weapon of choice against leaky caps or threads. Pointless in cheap bottles, but some of the more expensive ones with the metal cap need a bit of help to stay continent.
Exactly my point.... I could buy expensive bottles and teflon tape to fix the lids, or buy the same bottles cheaper that don't need fixed.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I've been using squonkers for going on 4 years, and the only bottle that failed was one of my dripbox 160 bottles that split at the seam. I have about a 100 bottles of various kinds for my collection of mods and will probably have that many still by the time I leave this earth.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I did...
I pushed a split in a bottle in my mini REO just a few weeks ago.
Now...that bottle had been in there since Feb 2011 tho so I think it had a good life.

Now that is some serious use - seven years. Wow.

I'm guessing if it's that old it's the original type Reo bottle that Rob shipped with the mod?

Reactions: stols001

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
...worn out a squonk bottle?

I haven't.

I have yet to use a squonk bottle until it wears out, being a leak or break. I use at least five or six different squonkers daily, so maybe it's just a matter of the rotation that my bottles seem indestructible. The only time I have ever changed a bottle was to prevent flavor "ghosting".

So, I'm wondering about others experiences. Have you ever used a bottle until it broke or otherwise ceased to function properly?

At the rate I am going through bottles my stash will last several lifetimes, and I'm wondering if it is really necessary to have more than just a couple of back-up bottles per each type of mod.

An example of excess, IMO, was a Pico Squeeze that I bought second-hand. I bought it because the seller had packaged as a lot with a black Wasp Nano RDA, and black Pulse 22 RDA. I think I paid 30 bucks for the lot, and really just bought it for the RDAs figuring the Pico was a "throw-in" and might make a nice beater. Anyway, the kicker was that the mod came with 10 spare bottles, plus one in the mod. I can't imagine ever using the mod enough to go though 11 bottles, even if I used it as my primary mod every day. I'm thinking the mod would go belly-up before I used up all 11 bottles.

Which leads me to a follow-up question:

How many bottles have you hoarded? I can't even say for sure (and too lazy to dig them out for a count), but I'm guessing I have at least 60 total for my five Reos, two Pulse mods, three Coppervape mods, Hugo Squeezer, and the Pico, of course. Most are for the Reos, and I have not bought more than a couple of spares for the Pulse and Squeezer.

Anyway, two part question: How many spare bottles have you hoarded, and do you routinely (or ever) use them until they cease to function?

I dedicate my DIY's to atty's/bottles, so rarely would need spare bottles for flavor changes. So it would kind of depend on the bottles NOW DAYS... the key is whether they are proprietary or if other bottles will fit in them. Cost might be another factor. Some are dirt cheap $, some $$, others $$$$$.

The NOW Days because.....

I bought 35 Reos (summer 2014 to summer 2015 mostly), have 60+ extra factory bottles for them ($$)... have never used any spares for failures even though in their day the Reos saw a lot of use 24/7 (for years). The last 5 Reos I used were P67's that had been upgraded to soft silicon bottles ($$), and none of them failed before I stopped using my Reos.

Have 2 Pico Squeeze Mods with 20 extra bottles ($)... have never used any spares yet. But then I only use them when I go out on wee hours of the night errands.

Also have 2 Sigelei Fuchai Squonkers that I bought 4 extra factory bottles for ($$$$$), none used yet. These mods are used 24/7.

Don't have any extras for the 2 Capo Squonkers other the two different ones each of them came with... I won't be buying any spare bottles for them. These are also used 24/7.

As for my DT-DS, it came with 2 bottles and I chose not to buy extras for it. It is used 24/7.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I wore one out on my coppervape, but those bottles are stiffer and easier to crack lol.
Testing the silicone bottle in my new Nasy mod now :)

I haven't worn out a bottle on any of my Coppervape mods, yet, but it's nice that they accept a standard 10ml juice bottle. You can find them everywhere - cheap too.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I have a $27 silicone bottle from the greatest bottle guy in all of Italy. The machining on the cap and the texture of the silicone is second to none. Unfortunately, it squeezes really easy which makes it messy to fill. Reinstalling it can make a mess too. I think it lacks backbone to properly suck the remaining juice back out of the atty.
But, so far, it's lasted as long as the 50 cent bottle that I actually prefer. So, that's a definite win. :facepalm:

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
I have a $27 silicone bottle from the greatest bottle guy in all of Italy. The machining on the cap and the texture of the silicone is second to none. Unfortunately, it squeezes really easy which makes it messy to fill. Reinstalling it can make a mess too. I think it lacks backbone to properly suck the remaining juice back out of the atty.
But, so far, it's lasted as long as the 50 cent bottle that I actually prefer. So, that's a definite win. :facepalm:
Sounds like you need a top filler...

MM Squonker Refill System | Easy Squonk Bottle Refill | The Best Vape

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran