Status
Not open for further replies.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
No glass to break

They each have their own pros and cons. That being said, with a squonker your juice is stored away from the atomizer where it doesn't heat up as you vape. 2. You control the flow of liquid to the wicks as opposed to relying on the tank, so whereas with a tank where you might like the flavor but it wicks too fast or slowly giving you leaks or dry hits that's a deal breaker. With a squonk atomizer, that's not an issue.
Makes sense:)

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I love the look and price point of the squeeze. It's just the 50 watt limit that killed it for me. If you like a 50 watt vape though, just build at .2 ohms and you'll get the same vape from full charge to dead battery. It would be an awesome mod if that's your thing.
I'm questioning the existence of this 50w limit.

I know the device description states that, but I've seen a lot of info online that says this isn't true. No limit and it fires at full battery voltage until cutoff.

I would be interested to know for sure from somebody who has built it low enough and/or compared it to a mech using a similar build low enough to exceed the 50w output.

I would be surprised if it really limited output to 50w. Not a deal killer for me, never vaped 50w myself anyways, but nice to know regardless in case my vape style changes in the future.

For the size/purpose of the device (to me) 50w is more than plenty. I mean, throw a Wasp Nano on it, and it's a ridiculously small combo for stealth vaping or simply to carry when out and about. I've got two more on the slow boat right now. $16 each, not sure how you can go wrong.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Thanks to all for the info!
Looks like I will order a Pico and a Pulse 22 to go with it.
Looking forward to how it works, hope to get that fresh primed hit multiple times between wicking.
How long can you usually go before needing to rewick? I realize type of juice has a lot to do with it. I can get a Kanger OSS to last a week, but the last couple days the flavor tends to get muted.
With builds on my Kayfun 5 I only get two or three days between rewicks.

I'd like to add that if you use Readyxwick as I do, you can simply remove the top cap of your atty, leave the wick in place, and dry burn the wick clean again. Don't hold down the fire button for longer than 7-10 seconds at a time. Pulse the button for 7-10 seconds at a time until the readyxwick is white again.

I've had the same coil and wick in some of my atomizers for months. It's because the wick is like ceramic braided rope and cleans right up when you dry burn.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I'm questioning the existence of this 50w limit.

I know the device description states that, but I've seen a lot of info online that says this isn't true. No limit and it fires at full battery voltage until cutoff.

I would be interested to know for sure from somebody who has built it low enough and/or compared it to a mech using a similar build low enough to exceed the 50w output.

I would be surprised if it really limited output to 50w. Not a deal killer for me, never vaped 50w myself anyways, but nice to know regardless in case my vape style changes in the future.

For the size/purpose of the device (to me) 50w is more than plenty. I mean, throw a Wasp Nano on it, and it's a ridiculously small combo for stealth vaping or simply to carry when out and about. I've got two more on the slow boat right now. $16 each, not sure how you can go wrong.

There was a very good write-up of testing done on the Squeeze on Reddit: Eleaf Pico Squeeze tested: It doesn’t cap at 50W! + More than you’d ever want to know about this device. • r/electronic_cigarette

The summary copied from the write up:

The Pico Squeeze does not cap at 50W. Build at around 0.24Ω if you wish to stay below the suggested 50W limit of the device. Otherwise, the Pico will fire down to around 0.124Ω minimum resulting in around a 75W output. Use a good 20A cell for builds down to 0.16Ω and a 25A for anything lower. The internal construction is pretty good, as is the charging system and USB socket.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
I like the form factor of the Pico, and I know the first DripBox gave a fake wattage rating and ohm limit so I checked into it at the time, and the reviews I saw said it does cap you at 50 watts. I assume they limit you to 12 amps or thereabouts to get you there.

Now if that's your thing, fair enough. The mod is dirt cheap and appears to be well built. 50 watts is extremely low for a mod that comes with a dual coil designed dripper. I'm sure you could find a small chamber single coil rig and make do, but that limit keeps a lot of folks from buying it.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
There was a very good write-up of testing done on the Squeeze on Reddit: Eleaf Pico Squeeze tested: It doesn’t cap at 50W! + More than you’d ever want to know about this device. • r/electronic_cigarette

The summary copied from the write up:

The Pico Squeeze does not cap at 50W. Build at around 0.24Ω if you wish to stay below the suggested 50W limit of the device. Otherwise, the Pico will fire down to around 0.124Ω minimum resulting in around a 75W output. Use a good 20A cell for builds down to 0.16Ω and a 25A for anything lower. The internal construction is pretty good, as is the charging system and USB socket.
Thank you very much for the link. Kind of thought this was the case. Will take a gander at the thread you posted. :thumb:

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
Otherwise, the Pico will fire down to around 0.124Ω minimum resulting in around a 75W output.
At .12 ohms, 4.2 volts should be putting out around 147 watts. 75 watts would be 3 volts. I'm actually vaping a .14 ohm build right now so I tossed it on the Rig Squonker with a fully charged battery and tested the drop. It fired at 3.79 volts, so the actual output is roughly 102 watts.

So if he's right, they aren't limiting your wattage with a chip but other reviewers may not have noticed because of how incredibly high the voltage drop is on it. Either way, the larger point would be you might be able to push it over 50 watts, but it's still not serviceable as a low sub ohm squonk mod.

Reactions: stols001

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Since I am impatient I bought the Squeeze combo kit from eBay for $24.99 shipped in the US. The Coral RDA is not bad, but I did get the Pulse 22 as well. I still keep the Squeeze/Pulse 22 combination in rotation, it has such a great feel in the hand, the bottle placement is perfect. I use the RSQ/Dead Rabbit RDA these days, but the main reason I do is because I can use 24mm RDA and the RSQ is consistent until the battery needs replaced.

Prior to squonking I was using the Griffin 25 RTA, when I look back I wasted so much time trying to get the wicking right and would get dry hits now and then. Like you I always wanted to go back to dripping but it was such a hassle. Squonking is where it is at for sure.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
What is the advantage of a squonk over a RTA?
Some of these were already mentioned, but I'll elaborate a bit:
1) Juice is stored remotely instead of in contact with a hot chamber.
- That keeps the juice fresher.
2) You're in control of juice flow.
- It's not dependent on a some number of o-rings all sealing perfectly to keep from flooding.
- It doesn't become flooded or start dry-hitting with changes in temperature or altitude.
3) It's super quick and easy to pull the cap off to inspect or re-wick your build.
- It doesn't matter how much juice is left in the bottle.
4) It makes playing with flavor combinations very easy.
- Put one flavor (or even unflavored) in the bottle and drip the other to get a feel for how they mix.
5) The distance between the coil and your mouth is generally shorter in an RDA than it is on a tank.
- This gets you

There are only two possible downsides I can think of:
A) You actually have to remember to squonk and learn not to over-squonk.
- Like driving a manual transmission, after doing it for a while, it becomes second-nature.
B) Squonk bottles are intrinsically made of some flexible material like plastic or silicone, not glass.
- Potentially a problem with some juices, but personally, I wouldn't vape such juices to begin with.

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Cookeville TN
It doesn't become flooded or start dry-hitting with changes in temperature or altitude.
Just for the record, I'm an OTR trucker and a squonker will drain the entire bottle of juice up through the atomizer going over mountains out west. It's not quite as bad if you're using it, of course, but crossing the Rockies anywhere in Colorado you can't vape as fast as the liquid comes up. I make sure all of my regulated squonkers are drained before I head out that way.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Just for the record, I'm an OTR trucker and a squonker will drain the entire bottle of juice up through the atomizer going over mountains out west. It's not quite as bad if you're using it, of course, but crossing the Rockies anywhere in Colorado you can't vape as fast as the liquid comes up. I make sure all of my regulated squonkers are drained before I head out that way.
Weird, 'cause I've never had that problem flying, where the pressure altitude goes from 0 to 8000' (and of course back down again) much more rapidly than it possibly could driving, and I've had a squonker in my shirt pocket on every flight I've taken in the last ~4 years.

OTOH, I always had trouble with tanks just driving the Appalachians on the east coast (3000' max).

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Probably a good idea to have a few extras, but generally speaking, they are pretty durable. I used the same bottle in one of my REO's for several years, not a problem. And I'm on month 11 with the original bottle on my Hcigar VT-Inbox. and it is fine. I imagine it partly depends on your body chemistry - I have a friend who destroys foam pillows and wristwatches with whatever is oozing out of him.

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Some of these were already mentioned, but I'll elaborate a bit:
1) Juice is stored remotely instead of in contact with a hot chamber.
- That keeps the juice fresher.
2) You're in control of juice flow.
- It's not dependent on a some number of o-rings all sealing perfectly to keep from flooding.
- It doesn't become flooded or start dry-hitting with changes in temperature or altitude.
3) It's super quick and easy to pull the cap off to inspect or re-wick your build.
- It doesn't matter how much juice is left in the bottle.
4) It makes playing with flavor combinations very easy.
- Put one flavor (or even unflavored) in the bottle and drip the other to get a feel for how they mix.
5) The distance between the coil and your mouth is generally shorter in an RDA than it is on a tank.
- This gets you

There are only two possible downsides I can think of:
A) You actually have to remember to squonk and learn not to over-squonk.
- Like driving a manual transmission, after doing it for a while, it becomes second-nature.
B) Squonk bottles are intrinsically made of some flexible material like plastic or silicone, not glass.
- Potentially a problem with some juices, but personally, I wouldn't vape such juices to begin with.
Great Information, thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread