Should I Squonk or Should I Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenia_bread

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2015
Just for the record, I'm an OTR trucker and a squonker will drain the entire bottle of juice up through the atomizer going over mountains out west. It's not quite as bad if you're using it, of course, but crossing the Rockies anywhere in Colorado you can't vape as fast as the liquid comes up. I make sure all of my regulated squonkers are drained before I head out that way.

Weird, 'cause I've never had that problem flying, where the pressure altitude goes from 0 to 8000' (and of course back down again) much more rapidly than it possibly could driving, and I've had a squonker in my shirt pocket on every flight I've taken in the last ~4 years.

OTOH, I always had trouble with tanks just driving the Appalachians on the east coast (3000' max).

juice comes out through the atty due to changes in air pressure, which causes air in the bottle to expand.
and since the only outlet to vent is in the atty, juice gets pushed up as the tube is submerged in liquid.

filling the bottle as full as possible will help as there is less air to expand
or having the mod upside down will help as only air get "vented" out, but juice in the tube will get pushed out and juice in the atty will follow gravity

tanks also face this same problem with air,
but iirc different pressure also affects how tightly packed the cotton needs to be before leaking occurs, so a fully filled tank might or might not still leak (can't remember if higher pressure needs more cotton or lower pressure needs more)

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO
IMG_0871.JPG

I gotta package!
Correction though, I got the white Pico. Black was out of stock.

RicRat

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
SAN ANTONIO
IMG_0872.JPG
So far I'm liking this little mod a lot. First hit was great and pretty much stayed that way the whole bottle. First bottle lasted six hours, I figured out best to squonk after 2 or 3 hits.
I used one of the coils that came with the Pico in the Pulse. Came out to .49 per my Evic. Vapor production is much more than any of my tanks and flavor is great and lasts longer.
Did have an issue getting the Pulse to seat right at first, but you just have to have the notchs lined up perfectly.
This will be a great mod for being out and about, no leaking what so ever so far.

Now to start saving for a regulated squonker!

Rathamar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Mound - Minnesota, USA
Now to start saving for a regulated squonker!

Glad you are liking Squonking - For regulated take a look at the Hcigar VT Inbox. I have had this box for over two years (I have the version 1) and it has been going strong the entire time. You can find them for $70 to $100 and I have heard great things about the v3.

Another option in the Pulse 80w that has not shipped yet and not much is known about the board (it is new) but if you can hold out for a month (supposed to be April 30th), it is another option around the $60 to $80 mark and that one is a 18650/20700. The reviews should come out before it ships so you can watch a few of those before pulling the trigger

Reactions: Figs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread