Status
Not open for further replies.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Good News!!! I contacted hcigar Sandy on facebook last night...and she is sending me the adapter for $18 inc shipping..(bout £14 for me). a bit pricey I think..but at least I can properly change my inbox to a v3... Hurrah!!!

Congrats,now you can enjoy the inbox . The V3 is very enjoyable .

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
Is the the big advantage just unscrewing the bottle instead of pulling it off ?
you can use silicon bottles instead of the hard v1 bottles or the too soft v2 bottles that leak after a while.. so its an option to have if you want...also when mine was apart I micro meshed the screen tint off.. so now its nice and bright...

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
All you really have to do is unscew the 510,pull it off and change out the stem. Then put back together,this is the short version of doing it.
You could also just purchase the V3 with the MAP code at FT for $59.00,or buy the parts separately with shipping and do it.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
All you really have to do is unscew the 510,pull it off and change out the stem. Then put back together,this is the short version of doing it.
You could also just purchase the V3 with the MAP code at FT for $59.00,or buy the parts separately with shipping and do it.
this is the whole assembly that i changed.. if you look on the link you will see.. it was easier to do that than try and undo that dam thick tube..as the wires are all abit precarious...lol... just took out my v1 plastic inside and stuck in the v3 version...

step 1- undo the 510 connector
step2- undo the 4 torx screws inside the unit
step 3-carefully pull out the whole tray being carefull with the dna screen...
step 4- remove the horrible tint on the screen stuck inside the aluminium housing and micro mesh it carefully to make it nice and clear..
step 5- undo the screws holding the dna board to the housing..
step 6- slide out the negative connection which is held in place by a plkastic thingy in agroove..
step 7- undo the screw that holds in the positive connection spring...
step 8- remove from housing...

and then reverse the process to fit the new housing...
also i double sided taped the screen plastic thing that i micro meshed...
when refitting the unit into the aluminium housing make sure the dna screen is sitting right ...it sort of clicks/stays in place when you have it right you will know....

phew..!!!!

Reactions: Heartsdelight

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Looks great but $20.29 CAD (No Bottle Version) and 40-60 day slow boat shipping... I'll stick with the OG bottles as they work fine for me.

I saw the $8 price first and said done, but that is only for the bottle... Which is only $3 on Fasttech for the exact same thing. :lol:

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
Looks great but $20.29 CAD (No Bottle Version) and 40-60 day slow boat shipping... I'll stick with the OG bottles as they work fine for me.

I saw the $8 price first and said done, but that is only for the bottle... Which is only $3 on Fasttech for the exact same thing. :lol:
only took a week for mine to arrive... :)

Reactions: Heartsdelight

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have a persistent leak in one of my Inboxes.The only place it shows up is at the bottom. No juice visible anywhere else, not even on the bottle or on the plastic tray behind the bottle. I guess that means that it's leaking down inside and coming out at the bottom. I believe I'm gonna have to take out the 4 screws and pull that tray out and see what's in there.

leak.jpg

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
@oplholik
Must’ve some seeping from the 510 somehow, what a pain. Hope you figure it out, and it’s an easy fix. I have around 45,000 puffs on my Inbox V2, and zero issues. I fill through the 510, and charge internally. Love my Inbox, but hate messing with the bottle or battery, so I don’t.

scooterstew71

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2016
I have a persistent leak in one of my Inboxes.The only place it shows up is at the bottom. No juice visible anywhere else, not even on the bottle or on the plastic tray behind the bottle. I guess that means that it's leaking down inside and coming out at the bottom. I believe I'm gonna have to take out the 4 screws and pull that tray out and see what's in there.

View attachment 750531
Yes sounds like you have leaking from the 510 connection.. Undo the two two torx screws on the 510 and have a look inside... If you need to look more inside take out the 4 screws from the internal plastic tray...

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Looks to be 1 maybe 2 problem areas
1. There was signs of liquid on the recessed area that the 510 sits into. I'm going to have to find some kind of a very thin gasket to go in there. If I can find some kind of a sealant that won't be affected by the liquid, I could spread a thin layer of it here. Any one have any suggestions for this?
2. The two small o-rings on the stem that fits into the tube connection may need to be replaced. I'll have to try and size them to get new ones.

Hcigar.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Looks to be 1 maybe 2 problem areas
1. There was signs of liquid on the recessed area that the 510 sits into. I'm going to have to find some kind of a very thin gasket to go in there. If I can find some kind of a sealant that won't be affected by the liquid, I could spread a thin layer of it here. Any one have any suggestions for this?
2. The two small o-rings on the stem that fits into the tube connection may need to be replaced. I'll have to try and size them to get new ones.

View attachment 750669
I'd just run a tiny bead of silicone in the corner of that recess for the 510. A pair of silicone o-rings should fix the stem leakage.

• Useful
Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread