Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
KTM, would you remind me please as to what it was/is that you don't like about the 510 on the Nano?

The 510 plate is the ground and not very solid being screwed on and you can't tighten it too much because of the c-frame design. A solid ground is very important for TP.

I also have issues with it unscrewing with my KF5 and KM3. I have other mods that are more reliable so I put it aside so I don't have to deal with it. I'm currently in love with my Silo mods. Even my Vaporsharks have taken a backseat to them.

2016-10-15%2014.53.08_zpseimjwdm5.jpg

2016-08-01%2015.47.04_zpsvtiumltm.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
it's just abuse, mis-handling
something I DON'T PRACTICE
and just another one of the reasons SOME peeps have troubles with their gear...
some of the peeps buy these cheap devices and expect them to be bullet proof like a $300+ dollar unit
I treat ALL MY STUFF with 'kid gloves' - why wouldn't ya... :rolleyes: :D

was sayin' Phinns don't like to be cold :cry: and the rat birds at home are due... :(

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Argh, you guys! So little bandwidth, so much hot.
Whitesnake with hot women, or 45 minutes of Phil manhandling freeware..
Somebody tell me what he said? :)

well, he gave 'thumbs up' - threw batteries into devices - talked of his upcoming "B" juice line - covered himself in black electrical tape - didn't listen to Whitesnake :D:D:D

osvis

Feb 7, 2012
Lithuania
Hi all,

Just got this mod and it is so nice. Compact and it's DNA device, awesome.

Since this is my first DNA device what settings would you recommend I set on escribe? Any relevant material for the DNA75 around?

Thank you so much!

Congrats on your purchase! I have red one and I love it. First, what I would recommend you to do, is to disassemble the mod (four star shape screws, two on top and two on bottom) and tighten all three screws holding dna board to frame, they are acting as ground and will solve almost all problems. At least it did for me, I had resistance fluctuation, jumping out of TC, early flashing battery or weak battery error and all of this was driving me crazy. Now everything is working as it should.
I ran case analyzer and here are the values:
Case cooling: 243.45s
Case heating: 362.58s
Case USB charge: 2.39°F, 25.25°F/A
I don't have copper tool to check mod resistance, but I have it set to 0.003 and, for me, tc works good.
Good luck!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm waiting on my DNA 75C but I've downloaded the EScribe software which is good for updates. PB has a two part 75C video series which I'll watch soon.

if you need a qwikie introduction to eScribe this is pretty simple fast

will prep ya for the feature film starring Phil :D

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I customized mine so that every time I push the button, it fires. As long as I remember to screw in an atomizer, vaper comes out.

It's pretty cool.

It took a lot of fiddling, but now mine refills my coffee cup before firing the atty. Sure, that is a delay, but for my personal vape pattern, very satisfying. :D

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Received mine yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. Built very well. My only con is the battery cover....threading could be better. But the size is perfect, fits a 24mm atty and the finish feels fantastic. My black Goon is seamless and a perfect match to the black finish on the Nano.

The only issue I've had with my new HCigar VT75 NANO is the horrible battery cover. Read it elsewhere and experienced it myself. The fact cover is thin, and the threads TINY. Hard to line up the cover and threads properly. At least on mine, I keep cross threading the cover no matter how careful I am. It gets stuck, and I've had to use pliers to get it back off and start again. I'm getting a 2nd battery cover sent to me in hope it's not the threads on the mod. Be careful!

Caver

Jun 24, 2011
Austin, TX
I may have to try that. I sent a message to the support at MVS where I got it, explaining the problem. We'll see what they say. The binding of the battery cap is certainly not normal and I'm VERY careful about cross threading.

I hope I can get this sorted out. Other than the battery cap binding the mod is great!

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York
Would a little anti seize make the cap threading a little better?

Did that. The problem is bigger. If you don't align the cap perfectly, then it goes in crooked. Problem is, you think it's lined up fine, so you begin to screw it in, at that point it's almost too late. Sometimes you can back it out by hand, a few times I needed pliers. This all the time trying not to let the dumb spring, pull the latch out of your fingers. I've seen mods where this type of cover is made properly. The latch is tight, but NO spring, it's not needed, you just push it back down when you are done tightening. As well as larger threads to begin with.

I'll let everyone know if a new cover is any better, though the threads on the device may be permanently messed up. I can get the cover on, but it's a needlessly tedious PROCESS!

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I don't think it's dangerous to charge internally with a DNA chip. However if I'm forced to because of a bad cap design. That takes all of the advantage away of being able to easily swap batteries on the fly. For me with a single cell mod, that's a deal breaker.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Do you have the black or red version? I really like the look and the size of this mod. But the threading make me very hesitant

JUST my own personal opinion, but I think the issue with the threading may be getting blown a bit out of proportion by Mac's admittedly horrific experience. In that regard, I truly feel absolutely terrible for him.

That being said, I've had a few mods that I needed to be cautious with the threading, and the Nano is pretty much the same as those. I've changed my battery out about 10 times so far, with no problems at all.

You DO need to be cautious with it. Basically, at the first sign of resistance, STOP. Unscrew it, and do it again. Most of my attempts have gone straight in, without even having to back out. I think twice I had to back up and begin again.

I'm not saying that anyone should go out and get one, but if you truly like the design that much, don't be scared off by the threading. It's not that bad.

And the mod is awesome. I will absolutely be getting a silver one.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Do you have the black or red version? I really like the look and the size of this mod. But the threading make me very hesitant

As others have said, fredrikstad, with the bit of knowledge that the threads are somewhat fragile, it's really not been a deal breaker for me.

One poster suggested a viable way to remove the cap to change out batts, and that is to remove your topper, and place the Nano upside down on the flat surface. This gives much more control in unscrewing/screwing in the battery cap.

I've taken to just using a pliers with mine, as I have difficulty maneuvering the little flip up end piece, but I blame longer nails for that fact, not the threads.

To me, this is one of the sweetest devices I own, and I truly don't think the threading is all that much of an issue, and not one I'd worry about, or on which I'd base a decision to buy.

And the mod is awesome. I WE will absolutely be getting a silver one.

FTFY, sweets. ;)

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I have a regular VT75, not a nano, and the battery door is at least as problematic, if not more so, than the nano. But given the design of DNA boards, internal charging is a quite reasonable option. I simply charge internally just as I do on my DNA 200s that have Lipo packs, so for me there's no fiddling with the battery door unless I need to replace a battery.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    ... and THIS is special! :thumb:

hcigar-vt75-nano-14.jpg

'tis awfully purdy too.

Like all mods, it's simply a matter of taste. For me, who fell in love with the VT75 (original) until I realized its size, this Nano version was destined to be a hit. But even I admit surprise at how often it's become the one I reach for, often bypassing some pretty "OK" other options.

I absolutely LOVE it, and I can't wait to receive the silver one (thanks to a most awesomely wonderful and pretty darn kute!) friend.

Thanks, friend. :cool:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    They were $68 not a day or two ago, same code (NANO75). I think they only sold a certain number at that number though.

To answer your question, VERY badly!!! :D

Thanks, Kat!!!

The code still works. The price will change after you add it to your cart, then add the code. :thumbs:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
    Jan 6, 2016
    Hey people I'm new to this thread so hellooooo

I loved my nano for about a week until I noticed my resistance jumping everywhere. I have tried everything to fix it(not screwing the battery cap down to tight,cleaning out the 510 area, cleaning the 510 threads, adjusting the 510 on my atomizers only using certain atomizers etc) but to no avail. I picked mine up at ecig city and they have been no help.

Has anyone else had the same problems with there nano being very finicky and glitchy especially with the resistance readings ?
    If yes does anyone know of a fix ?

If all else fails has anyone had any luck with hcigar or evolve in getting a replacement ?

I really love this mod......It feels gorgeous in the hands and is so freaking small and cute ! The battery door is annoying but if your patient it does start to wear in and become easier to use it looks great with 24mm atomizers and even though its only a single 18650 I use it for my high resistance low wattage atomizers and get beautiful battery life !!!!!

Sorry for the mini rant/ slash Inquisition I'm just super bummed that I can't use this thing without risking getting the mother of all dry hits every 5 puffs due to the resistance jumping all over 8(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread