Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Hi Army!

Sorry I've been absent for awhile. My Kidneys decided they wanted a vacation and their function went so low I needed a hospital stay, but they finally recovered enough that I'm back at home. I'm so thankful that I don't need a transplant or regular dialysis treatments yet.

IG:
Dad's attitude will improve once he adjusts to his new surroundings and situation!!!!! Denise is always telling me that whenever they get a new resident an adjustment period is needed. The new arrivals can get very belligerent and mean with their family and staff. She's been bitten, kicked, punched, and not to mention the name calling. From what she says it only take a week or two before the newbies settle in and return to their normal temperament. Hang in there and I'll be sending prayers your way.

Congrats to Robin!

I tried to catch up on everything in the thread, however I might have missed somethings. Don't feel slighted if I missed someones question or achievement.

jfrich:

Burly

Molon Labe
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Park Hills, MO, U.S.A.
Oh no Burl!! How's the peach tea working for you? I have a vanilla peppermint that gets me through times when I'm not grooving with the NET's. It happens. Nice to see you!

The Peach Green Tea is AWESOME! I buy that one in 50 ml bottles only. Strawberry Lemonade is pretty good, but my tastes seem to be changing. Just not sure what I want to try.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Well calling in the cavalry (my wonderful husband) just might have done the trick. Today my dad ate more food than he has eaten in three weeks, was very pleasant to both my mother and me during our visits and he worked hard through physical therapy. Hubby did make a comment to him early today along the lines of "You've got to start treating my girls better" and if anyone can get a message through to my dad it's my husband. One day and one step at a time..but just wanted to let you know we finally had a good day;)
Iowa Gal I'm glad y'all had a good day but me being a 54 year old child with no intention of growing up I can relate to your dad too . He's someplace he doesn't want to be for reasons he don't like and sometimes boys play better with other boys. I know it ain't right but I'd probably run my wife off if I was hospitalised just to avoid hearing " I told you so " LOL. Your hubby was what he needed at the moment, Bronze was right we can be big babies but who the hell wants to act like an adult all the time , that just ain't no fun.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Bronze I do agree that food and plenty of water will get him on the right path. Extreme dehydration can mess with people's minds. He is a handful when healthy so under stress we will have our hands full..but I love that man more than I can express in words..

My Dad is gone 20 years in two weeks (Oct. 1). My Mom 12 years on Oct 4. They still live in me in so many ways I can't begin to tell you.

You probably do, but make sure you tell him how you feel about him. He can't hear it enough. It will help make him feel his life is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread