Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ok, I didn't mean to start any controversy with my previous post about raising children. It IS an opinion I hold, based on experience. Nowadays, I see my sons on Christmas, exhausted from the season, and I remember those days. Teenagers are a classification all thier own. But it is worth it. Every step of the way. But I DO know there is a HUGE difference between 8 year old John and 6 year old Judy, as compared to 18 year old John and 16 year old Judy. Based on my experience, NO WAY I'd want Teenagers in the house while I'm drawing Social Security. I read Bronze's post, and I felt for ya brother. I have lived the other end of the spectrum. They are our Legacy, have you considered adoption ? Just a thought....

You didn't start any controversy PopPop. Quite the contrary. I always enjoy reading different perspectives. None of them are wrong...just different. Yes, we considered adoption. Looked into quite extensively. For more reasons than I can list, we chose not to do it. Kind of too late now. :) We're close to our nieces and nephews. All mine are grown men now and we stay in frequent contact.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I could go on an on about how my children have changed my life for the better- but I will get all misty and probably cry like a baby LOL.
I'm just going to post a pic.
image.jpg

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
One of the most endearing times in the raising of our daughter was when she had her first period. (Gosh, don't let her know I wrote about that here!!! I'd never hear the end of it. :unsure:) Anyways, at that time I was a work at home dad also chief, cook and bottle washer as Mrs. Chak suffered a stroke when Tiffanie was only a year and a half - anyways, she came to me to talk about it first.

At first I was in shock because all she said was, "Dad, I'm bleeding." I said, "What! Where?!!! - oh there... (sigh) "Don't worry, honey. That's normal. I think we should share this with mom, ok?" I think she was an early bloomer too, she was only 9 at the time. Scary for a kid that old!

Crazy thoughts here...but I have wondered if I had a girl and she came to me saying she was "bleeding"...what would I do? It has two different answers. When I was younger, I would scream for her Mother to explain it. Now, I would jump in with both feet, hug her, and explain everything to her. I'd wanna make her feel she could come to me with anything. That might do it, huh? :)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
When my daughter was 4 and I was still drinking (everyday) she came to me and said her kitty itches. I had no idea some little girls have such problems. Momma was on night-shift so I called the plant and asked "What does this mean ?" On her Mother's instructions I gave the child a small bottle of Vaseline and told her go in the bathroom and just put a little of this on her 'kitty', but not too much.
Everyday is an adventure, no matter how young or old they are.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I hate the St. Louis Billikens. Who would name a team after something that ridiculous?

Look, even their mascot is ridiculous....I have a photo right here....

1seductive13.jpg

ooops, not that one, this one...

billiken06_200.jpg

See what I mean?

The true ironic twist to this is the attached thumbnail, which I cannot seem to get rid of and was never intended to be part of the post. Putting truth in my post below...They do have a mind of their own! My cheerleader pics are like Frankenstein's Monster. Except much, much hotter!

Attachments

• 1seductive12.jpg
    1seductive12.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread