Hello vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Well, I have lived in Cackalacky for 20 years, Virginia for 8 years, 3 places in Florida for a total of 8 years(including Pensacola). I have a slight southern drawl, but my grammar and punctuation are still fully intact. :);)
Actually I see nothing wrong with my writing, but if u think it's awful u surely wouldn't want to really hear me talking in real life ... U'd think I was really back-woods ! ... Hahaha ... In the mean time keep-vapin'-on-hun !

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I am in agreement. Menthol is really a relatively nasty flavor in the grand scheme of things. What it does though is work well in cigarettes where most other flavorings don’t. Burning and cost issues. You’re no longer limited by cigarette technology. There is better stuff. Many vapers who go off seeking a menthol come back with a mint instead. Not because menthol isn’t out there, but because mint is better.
Well i dunno what kinda menthol moon mountain puts in their e liquid tobacco mix, but its Grrr8 to me as the next best what I was craving in those nasty real cigs.I use to smoke & glad I'm not going back !!

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I'm a little cornfused...if you now hate your "Menthol Real" cigarettes...why are you searching for menthol/tobacco flavors???

Wouldn't it be a little wiser to be searching for Blueberry...or Lucky Charms...or Hazelnut...ejuices...:thumbs:

Noooo I craved or crave the menthol taste & the nicotine it wasn't so much the nasty real cigs. itself cause every time or everyday I smoked em I really hated them if that makes sense, cause of the smell they put off & the stench they left behind.

• Useful
Reactions: gerrymi

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I'm a little cornfused...if you now hate your "Menthol Real" cigarettes...why are you searching for menthol/tobacco flavors???

Wouldn't it be a little wiser to be searching for Blueberry...or Lucky Charms...or Hazelnut...ejuices...:thumbs:

Cause I love the menthol taste & I'm hooked on it & still need the nicotine cause im addicted to it, & I'm not or can't go cold-turkey I tried that & it's not easy to do cold-turkey, I quit smoking due to I couldn't stand the smell or after smell any longer need I say more about those nasty cigs. But if need be I could ! I've tried some other flavors & it's not for me, rather have tobacco & menthol & 12mg. nic.

• Useful

Northstar6

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2019
Cause I love the menthol taste & I'm hooked on it & still need the nicotine cause im addicted to it, & I'm not or can't go cold-turkey I tried that & it's not easy to do cold-turkey, I quit smoking due to I couldn't stand the smell or after smell any longer need I say more about those nasty cigs. But if need be I could ! I've tried some other flavors & it's not for me, rather have tobacco & menthol & 12mg. nic.

If that's what works for you that's great. Not everyone likes heavy dessert and sweet flavors.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Well you joined this forum yesterday and I was welcoming you. I thought it was a fairly easy kind of post to understand.
Sorry but I don't think is was for u hun i dunno who I was referring that or it too I think I touched the wrong one or section at the time I wrote that !

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Probably will never find what you "exactly" remember them to taste like.
My wife was a menthol smoker. She's now crazy about peppermint....
Straight peppermint, no sweeteners, no other flavor. 10% into any combo of PG/VG (70%VG/30% PG is what I make her for the most part).
Best I can offer with my sleep deprived brain!

• Creative

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Probably will never find what you "exactly" remember them to taste like.
My wife was a menthol smoker. She's now crazy about peppermint....
Straight peppermint, no sweeteners, no other flavor. 10% into any combo of PG/VG (70%VG/30% PG is what I make her for the most part).
Best I can offer with my sleep deprived brain!
Found some good tobacco+menthol+12mg. at moon mountain site, since I have no knowledge on the diy e-liquids makin or mixin ! ty tho for ur info. ...I'm a master of some & no knowledge of others !

Reactions: catilley1092

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I found a good e liquid tobacco & menthol @Moon mountain an online company it's pretty good tobacco & menthol the best i've found so far.

In that case, then maybe you should stick with the seller & flavor. Never break what doesn't need fixing, at least until you find something better.:D

During my teen years or really over half of my life of analog consumption, preferred the Kool brand. Was the strongest menthol available at that time, yet had to stop. These began to made me cough bad & switching menthol analog brands didn't help.

I did try some menthol e-juices, a couple from Mt Baker, but weren't what I expected, one bottle tasted strong of pine needles, the other more like peppermint candy. Not what an analog would taste like for sure. Tried another from Vapor Beast, forgot the exact flavor, again tasted like pine needles, with some type of chemical in the background.

Contacted customer service for a refund & they told me they didn't do refunds, instead was advised to take the 60ml bottle, remove the cap/dripper in one & allow to stand in a dark, cool area for a week. I was thinking of words that I cant repeat here, but done what was asked anyway. While it did help take the chemical taste away, the pine needles were still there & strong.

Personally, I believe some of these suppliers buys these batches in lots & has their name in placed on the bottles, as Vapor Beast (at the time) operated out of Florida & the ejuice was made for them in China. That would be the end of my quest for Menthol. If I decide to try again, will get the extract & make my own. At some point in your vaping journey, you'll likely have the desire to make your own & Nicotine River has some of the best flavors in the US. Some of these were at one time sold by E.JUICES.COM, yet within the last year stopped selling DIY mixing flavors.

The other cool thing about DIY is that once stocked with supplies (flavoring, nic, VG & PG), can make a single 60ml bottle for a fraction of the price paid online anywhere.:thumbs:

My main piece of advice if taking that route is going easy on the flavoring at first. If too strong, will have to pour some into another bottle & top off with VG & maybe some PG. It's much easier to add a bit more flavor versus working a too strong batch out. Once I make mine, will shake well, allow to stand with cap on for 2 days, shake again & ready to vape. This is why when making a new flavor, still use my Kangertech SubTank Mini, or even a ProTank 2 or 3, will initially do a 30ml batch & tweak until I get it right.

As the old saying goes, if you want to get the job done right, do it yourself.:)

Cat

Reactions: vicsch

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
And btw, what on earth is up with notifications? I only get about 10% of what I should be getting on threads I participate in???

In addition to other responses, there's times when the server(s) for ECF gets overloaded, sometimes the visitors are 3x more than members logged in. This may cause delay in receiving notifications.

And then there's the 3rd party switch which handles the network traffic for a given area, these issues are beyond the control of any forum of any type. At times, it gets really bad over at the Tech forum where I serve as an Advisor, sometimes one may have to copy their response to be able to paste & repost when the load gets lighter. :)

Cat

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
Found some good tobacco+menthol+12mg. at moon mountain site, since I have no knowledge on the diy e-liquids makin or mixin ! ty tho for ur info. ...I'm a master of some & no knowledge of others !

We all were in the same boat at one time, rookies beginning with a ego type device and store or online purchased ejuices.:)

If one can learn how to bake a cake or prepare a dish never done before by following a recipe, can do the same with making e-juices. There's some free guides on how to do so, although I never used them.

I make my own coffee(s), chocolate(s), strawberry, mango & another called Heaven (a mixture of berries) and it's easy & fun to do. You have 100% control of ingredients & if you find the right menthol flavor base, can adjust to your taste buds.:)

In the end, if you can't find what you want, that may be very well what you'll have to do. If by chance you know a local that knows how to mix, that'll be even better (in part how I learned). Quality VG & PG is dirt cheap on eBay with free shipping (seller is garden-state-apothecary), flavors are also low in cost at Nicotine River, what costs is the nicotine. Where I buy it (from MyFreedomSmokes) it's $50-55 per liter (sometimes $40 on promo) & that's regardless if it's 12% up to 100%, so I buy the latter (100%) & cut it by using much less, get 8x more for same price.

May purchase a bottle of a menthol extract from Nicotine River myself on my next order. At least I know mine won't taste like pine needles.:D

Cat

Reactions: vicsch

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Well, I have lived in Cackalacky for 20 years, Virginia for 8 years, 3 places in Florida for a total of 8 years(including Pensacola). I have a slight southern drawl, but my grammar and punctuation are still fully intact. :);)
Ohhh I didn't know we were being graded or monitored on spelling etc. .. lol .. Thought we were in a text forum using text-lingo like always do & it's custom to me & my peeps & or anywhere else & in sending e-mail's, also !

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
We all were in the same boat at one time, rookies beginning with a ego type device and store or online purchased ejuices.:)

If one can learn how to bake a cake or prepare a dish never done before by following a recipe, can do the same with making e-juices. There's some free guides on how to do so, although I never used them.

I make my own coffee(s), chocolate(s), strawberry, mango & another called Heaven (a mixture of berries) and it's easy & fun to do. You have 100% control of ingredients & if you find the right menthol flavor base, can adjust to your taste buds.:)

In the end, if you can't find what you want, that may be very well what you'll have to do. If by chance you know a local that knows how to mix, that'll be even better (in part how I learned). Quality VG & PG is dirt cheap on eBay with free shipping (seller is garden-state-apothecary), flavors are also low in cost at Nicotine River, what costs is the nicotine. Where I buy it (from MyFreedomSmokes) it's $50-55 per liter (sometimes $40 on promo) & that's regardless if it's 12% up to 100%, so I buy the latter (100%) & cut it by using much less, get 8x more for same price.

May purchase a bottle of a menthol extract from Nicotine River myself on my next order. At least I know mine won't taste like pine needles.:D

Cat
ty hun for the info. but its not an issue of mine to go that far most likely ever ... Cause I only do my tobacco+menthol+12mg., (& LOVE-IT) ... now that I've kinda got a pretty good find of a mix & stock .... I've tried afew those fruity, spicey, whatever else so-called-flavors & they're not for me & i know won't ever be ! ✌

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Your favorite juice may no longer be available in nine months, @vicsch. You might do well to experiment with making your own just in case.
Ohhh I have plenty for afew years I don't do the vape-thingy to blow or make gigantic clouds & I only vape @13 watts & I don't vape constantly only every hour or so I've cut back alot in the past year or so but I still need the 12mg. nic + menthol cause thats what i crave & it helps w/ my nerves due to my disease !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread