Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Girlmom68

Mar 10, 2019
I am new to vaping-trying very hard to get off cigarettes. I’m having trouble, though, with the vapes I’ve tried. I have bought two pod-systems, and I honestly believe they’re making me sick to my stomach because they’re spitting the liquid into my mouth I am looking for a vape that offers a REALLY great “throat hit” that feels like a cigarette. I was only a 12-15 non-menthol cigarettes/day smoker, but because of wanting a good throat hit, the vape shop people suggested a high nicotine salt (35). The first vape was a great hit, but the unit spit WAY too much, then it just failed completely. The second one I bought doesn’t give a good hit at all, but spits a little. Again-pod systems. Am I doing something wrong? I’m so sick to my stomach-for weeks now. Is it the high nicotine? If so, what do I use for the satisfying “hit”? I’d appreciate any advice!! I need to eat

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
too much nic can make you sick
nic salts are good for giving a smooth vape and quick nic fix but to get a good throat hit you really should try regular (freebase) nic

I can't really help with a pod system but there are plenty of others here that can

if you are willing to upgrade I'd suggest an eleaf istick 30w with a protank, it's still somewhat small, better battery life than a pod

as for nic, for throat hit, get a 18 to 24 mg nic (not salt) at about 50/50 vg/pg

higher pg usually gives more throat hit but can also cause reactions, a lot of people are allergic or sensitive to it
higher vg usually gives more clouds and less throat hit
higher nic will also give more throat hit, if it tastes peppery then you need to lower your nic levels (or could just be a bad batch) but typically when nic is too high of a level for you it tastes peppery

Girlmom68

Mar 10, 2019
Wow! Thank you so much! So it does sound like it’s the nicotine salt making me sick, so I wish I hadn’t bought more. It’s unopened, so I’ll try returning it.

As for the pod systems-first one was the Aspire Spryte. Fantastic hit, but I am pretty sure I got a “lemon”. It spit BADLY, even leaked from the pod into the unit/holder. So I got a Smok Mico. The hit is just okay sometimes, but it’s gotta be spitting just about every time-just a little. That’s when my stomachache started, though-the day after I started using it.

I’ll go into the vape shop with this information and get something else. I’m spending WAY more on vaping in just 6 weeks than I did on cigarettes, though :( I hope I find the right thing that will help me and won’t make me sick.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I’m spending WAY more on vaping in just 6 weeks than I did on cigarettes

Don't be shy to spend a few hundred dollars experimenting. The startup cost might seem high now, but once you find the right equipment, which you will, you'll realize it was one of the best investments you've ever made. Try not to let cost be your primary deciding factor. This is a big transition for your body—just think of all those additives and byproducts you were dependent upon—some discomfort is normal until you adapt.

Spitback on pod devices means you've got juice in the air hole. It happens on my Vladdin after refilling. Twist a strip of tissue and push it down the hole to soak it up.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Wow! Thank you so much! So it does sound like it’s the nicotine salt making me sick, so I wish I hadn’t bought more. It’s unopened, so I’ll try returning it.

As for the pod systems-first one was the Aspire Spryte. Fantastic hit, but I am pretty sure I got a “lemon”. It spit BADLY, even leaked from the pod into the unit/holder. So I got a Smok Mico. The hit is just okay sometimes, but it’s gotta be spitting just about every time-just a little. That’s when my stomachache started, though-the day after I started using it.

I’ll go into the vape shop with this information and get something else. I’m spending WAY more on vaping in just 6 weeks than I did on cigarettes, though :( I hope I find the right thing that will help me and won’t make me sick.
This is the issue with many pods. Most of them are really just dressed up cigalikes. Sometimes there are actual tech improvements but in many cases no. My issue with the vladdin is the first two pods that came in the box were great, the pack of replacement coils I got were unacceptably bad. They were of noticeably poorer manufacturing quality. They leaked, they spit, they were awful.

I had bad reactions to nic “salts” too. Back to unprotonated nic for me. If you want something really small but also reliable, perhaps a target mini40 kit? It’s like a tiny tiny little box mod so small you can hide it in your hand. Vapes like one too. Only issue is the coil cartridges are hard to find in B&M stores so you gotta order them online.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome @Girlmom68 :) I agree with all that's been said. Definitely can't go wrong with the eleaf PICO. Solid little mod...my wife has one and she loves it. Once you get a mod like this you have much more room for manoeuvre in terms of what tank you choose for different vaping styles/needs.

I use both pods and mods salts and freebase and different tanks, attys for different styles of vaping according to what I fancy at the time. We all have our style and favourite but the flexibility of different products and styles of nicotine delivery keeps life interesting and as others have suggested is well worth the initial expenditure as long as you stay off the cancer sticks.

Good luck and keep it up :)

• Agree
Reactions: Diver9543

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
OK - you can spend/ waste money going round the houses and then go back to smoking when the also rans don't do the job for you - as a one time 60 a day smoker I know that - been there done that own multiple tee shirts.

What got me stopped after 50 years? A Nautilus Mini, an iStick 30w mod and some good 18 strength juice - simple, a wee bit old tech but it works, is available and doesn't cost mega bucks.

I'm sure you'll get loadsa opinions, all I can say is that worked for me and there wasn't a more hard core, long term smoker than me.

Welcome aboard BTW!

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
What got me stopped after 50 years? A Nautilus Mini, an iStick 30w mod and some good 18 strength juice - simple, a wee bit old tech but it works, is available and doesn't cost mega bucks.

Great observation. Time tested, fully developed, stable equipment is the way to go when you're starting out. It's got to be reliable and straightforward or you're liable to get frustrated and lapse. Cutting edge, first generation technology—which is what AIO pod systems are right now—look tempting but inevitably have kinks that haven't been worked out yet.

Girlmom68

Mar 10, 2019
Six months ago I tried Nic Salts,out of curiosity.
All I got was sick stomach and cough.

Use Free base Nicotine, 50/50 pg/vg or 40/60 pg/vg or 30/70 pg/vg (avoid to use VG ratio higher than 80%)
with kit
Kroma-A mtl Kit

ETA: Welcome to the Forums!

Yes! I’ve been coughing, too! Oh my gosh, I’m SO glad that now I know I was right in assuming it WAS the nic salt making me sick!

I don’t know what “free base” nicotine is, but I’m assuming the vape shop will. I’ll exchange the new bottle of the salt I bought for what you, and others, have suggested.

Thank you!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Oh jeez! I feel dumb now LOL! Thank you:)

Don't feel silly - none of us came into this world knowing everything.

It is truly said there is no such thing as a silly question if you don't know the answer.

You did the right thing coming here and asking - that's what the Forum is for.

Good luck with the Vaping and stick with it Girl!

Reactions: Girlmom68
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread