HelloTech 016's (like eGo but 1200mah batt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

opyrus

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
New York
For those that managed to remove the cone from the atty, how did you do it?
the easy was is with a large screw driver and a hammer an a pair of pliers. set the pliers down opened an place the coneamizers on it slide the screw driver in then hammer the addy out the bottom then use the pliers to pull the metal ring out. doing it like this destroys the addy thow.

x0rsw1tch

Nov 21, 2009
Kent, OH
Just took the plunge and ordered one of these. Just like the others, I'm psyched and a little scared at the same time :laugh:

I wanted to order an extra battery, a LR 510 atomizer (for my 510 passthru), and another charger... But, they were out of the batteries and the LR atomizers :( - no point in buying the charger without the extra battery.

Anyone think we will be seeing LR versions of these special cone-shaped atomizers? Heres hoping :D

satb813

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Maryland
ok, got mine today and very impressed. i was really scared after reading the previous posts, but wow...right out of the box started using it...no problems. went to "the bar" and EVERYONE there was using it non stop for 4 hours. seriously, non stop. actually, i don't think i got to vape at all. hmmm...:confused: got it back and we're still going strong. so far 9 hours. really??? loving it!!! since i'm already aware of the issues with the wall charger, i'm sticking to the usb. it actually hits so much better than a regular 510. btw, those people killed my carto...:mad:

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
I only used the cone in my ego as a drip pan anyways. But LR cones would be pretty cool.

Yeah it gives it a sleek look, but I'm sure if anyone saw my car they would then understand exactly how I am able to do without sleekness in my life :D

Does anyone know if the liquid leaks out of the cone anywhere over time? The atty itself has small holes in them for the draw above the metal plate at the bottom and I wondered if stale liquid would collect in there.

mixitman

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
VA
99% of the time I've had a carto on mine. But I did use the cone-atty-cart for a couple fills. After vaping the liquid pretty much dry, I blew out the cone and didn't get much of anything out of it. So I don't think it collects any more than a normal atty does. But then again, this is only after a very small amount of liquid going through it..

I only used the cone in my ego as a drip pan anyways. But LR cones would be pretty cool.

Yeah it gives it a sleek look, but I'm sure if anyone saw my car they would then understand exactly how I am able to do without sleekness in my life :D

Does anyone know if the liquid leaks out of the cone anywhere over time? The atty itself has small holes in them for the draw above the metal plate at the bottom and I wondered if stale liquid would collect in there.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
I took a thin rubber oring and put it around the bottom of my threads and dont over tighten my cone , my LR Atty never leaks this way and I also use a dripping tip set up with it and drip a ton of juice in my LR's to keep em wet
Do you mean a really small o ring around the atty so liquid wont get into the battery connector? If so, that sounds like a good idea, I'll have to have a look around for some.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
the easy was is with a large screw driver and a hammer an a pair of pliers. set the pliers down opened an place the coneamizers on it slide the screw driver in then hammer the addy out the bottom then use the pliers to pull the metal ring out. doing it like this destroys the addy thow.

This is the approximate method I used as well. I initially aimed the flat (not phillips) tip of the screw driver at the inside metal lip/edge, near where the bridge/mesh goes over the ceramic cup. Of course after a few 'taps', I ended up just punchin' thru the attie, leaving just the big washer ring with a atty size hole. This is where we differ. Instead of yankin' the ring out, I filed the hole in the ring just a little (it was a little rough) to make it big/smooth enough for either cartomizers or any 510 atty to fit thru. It worked, but it jiggled around too much like this. It was like a little vapor bell! This was not going to be how I liked to vape. So, I then realized that I could stuff a cartomizer condom, with the end cut off, into the cone. That took up a lot of the jiggliness. I was then able to slide the cartos or atties thru the stablized cone. It worked but was still just a little 'floaty' up or down cuz' the condom don't fill the length of the cone. So I cut up some fluval (excess that I was never gonna' use up in this life time) into pieces to fit around the condom inside the cone. Now I have a slip on cone to use anywhere I want, with any 510 atty or cartomizer I want.

It was a PITA, but it works.:)

Last edited:

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
I'm gonna have to try punching the atty out of the cone. I don't really care about salvaging the atty....but I wanted try to figure out a way to get the bottom of the cone not too punch out, so thanks for the tips.

The one my brother took apart, he drilled out the bottom before I had a chance to email him and tell him to try and salvage the silver part of the atty so it would slide over the atty and hold it in place.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Are they (atties) tightened down enough? With no juice in the connection? Or possibly too tight? Sounds like you charged it okay at least once. But it also sounds like the problems posted earlier in this thead. The first charge is supposed to be for 8 hours. Even if the light was green.

Last edited:

satb813

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Maryland
the "blue" light came on when nothing was attached. now, nothing. it's prob me. i'll let it sit and charge overnight (even though the green light was on after charging) and see what happens. hopefully it's me. also, everything was tightened and changed 3 times with different atty's and cartos to see what was wrong. we"ll see. oy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread