Status
Not open for further replies.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
:cry:Hi....my Buzz Pro is no longer working. I don't get either a red or a blue light. I have two sets of batteries - The Powerizers and the Ultra Fire. Both sets of batteries are showing fully charged on the charger.

I cleaned my bottom cap with alcohol, though it is no longer has the shiny brass color. I tried to clean the top cap, but it is unmovable. I can't even twist it. Maybe it's all gunked up with juice. I looked inside from the bottom and it's sort of shiny, like it's wet, so I dripped some alcohol in it and let it dry. I'm almost thinking it's gunked up from juice, but I'm not sure.

What can I try? I'm not technologically or mechanically savvy.
00020461.gif

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
Odds are if moving the side screw dosent help soaking the unit in alcohol most likely will. Just be sure that you give it enough time to dry. A hairdryer will help speed it up but you really need the top cap off to do that.

BTW be sure to loosen the screw in the connector before unscrewing the top cap. That will keep the wire from twisting ;)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
A small, low cost, multimeter, like http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Equus-3320-Innova-Auto-Ranging-Digital-Multimeter/14644666 is handy.

For screwdrivers, a small set of jewelers screwdrivers, sold at many dollar stores, is good.

Odds are if moving the side screw dosent help soaking the unit in alcohol most likely will. Just be sure that you give it enough time to dry. A hairdryer will help speed it up but you really need the top cap off to do that.

BTW be sure to loosen the screw in the connector before unscrewing the top cap. That will keep the wire from twisting ;)

These two posts are very good info you should follow.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
You have a contact problem if there is NO red led the PCB is not getting power , on the bottom of the PCB there is a battery contact , if juice got on this it could cause it to loose contact with the batts, DId a tank explode or something ??

That's what I was thinking. It's either the pos. or neg. but the circuit to the PCB is broken somewhere or the red light would be on.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
I loosened and tightened the screw at the very top where the atty screws in and did the same with the side screw. My Buzz is now working.
000203FB.gif
So....it appears I need to clean my "Precious". I would like to clean under the top cap, but it's stuck. I'll have to get some pliers or something. Rubbing alcohol around the top didn't seem to help.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
OH NO! When my husband came home, I asked him if he could loosen/unscrew the top cap so I could clean around it. He said the side screw had to come out in order to do that, so he removed it. He still couldn't get the top cap off. I told him to leave it alone, but then neither he, nor I, could get the screw back in. It's acting like it's stripped. Does my Buzz need to go to the hospital? Help please again :(

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Side screw is to get the ground to the pcb, doesn't attach to the top cap.

Loosen the screw in the top cap just a little, then unscrew the top cap. You might want to use one of those little rubber jar openers to improve grip on it.

Once the cap starts unscrewing be gentle, a wire comes up to the center, so don't pull it away.

The pcb ground wire, what that side screw attached to, should just be sitting there, as well the little nut that the screw is actually held on by.

Me, I would disconnect the top positive wire, make sure to see the order things are attached. Note that the top screw has a little black washer - when you put it back together make sure to use the washer. Note the order of parts on the back side of the cap, too.

If there is obvious liquid leakage, clean the yup cap and grounds screw holes with a qtip soaked in isopropyl alcohol.

Next, reattach the ground wire, using the side screw and nut.

Next, reattach the positive lead to the top cap. Remember to include the washer on the top screw. Don't tighten it too much yet, you want some play when you screw the cap on.

Next, screw the top cap on. Me, I use just a bit of loktite blue 242, available at home depot or other hardware stores. A dab on the threads, screw the cap on, wipe any excess off.

Finally, tighten the top screw, snug but don't crank on it.

(i am pretty sure the above is correct. You can also look here for the thread on buzz top cap replacement.)

Alternately, send it in :)

Last edited:

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
DAMN, !!!

the side screw has NOTHING to do with the top cap !!! it has to come off to fix it !

Yup - that's what I kept telling him as he was unscrewing it, but he just kept right on unscrewing. I printed the directions Markfm posted (thanks Mark), so hopefully he can fix my Buzz when he gets home. I am not good at that sort of thing, so I have no choice, but to let him try again. If my Buzz still has troubles, I will be ordering a new one.

Thanks everyone....I'll let you know how the patient is after it's surgery this evening.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Rar, the screw that your hubby took out goes into a nut on the inside. You need to get the top cap off and find the loose nut inside. There's a black wire that that screw and nut connect to the wall of the tube to complete the ground part of the circuit.
It seems like it's stripped because the nut has fallen down inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread