• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help fight cancer with F@H! join team ECF today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Results are starting to be posted and I've given some titles already. Please be sure to let us know what donor name you are using so I can give you the title on ECF.

Once we get it a little more organized I'll start a thread for this but until thrasher gets back with me with more information on how we can verify the contributions ( I suspect the list on the team page is like a leaderboard and will only show the top contributors -- but I might be wrong) it is going to require a little more hands on interaction.

So Far I've given titles to :
thrasher (thrasherbill on f@h)
eric_smith (eric_smith on f@h)

I'm running too sarge :)

Funny when I click on my name in the program it doesn't show that I've completed any...but there was a packet sent already :( Oh well, maybe a time delay?

Oh! Under beebopnjazz :)

Last edited:

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
I'm running too sarge :)

Funny when I click on my name in the program it doesn't show that I've completed any...but there was a packet sent already :( Oh well, maybe a time delay?

Oh! Under beebopnjazz :)

Same here, Ive completed some but nothing shows up on my page and I don't show up on the TeamECf page either, Ive been folding for about 14 hours now.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA

dolphins35

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Spanaway, Wa
Do I have to complete a project before showing up in team rankings?

I seem to have gotten a big one for my first, I have a 17 day due date, but I am not on any list, and I don't have any points yet.

Youv did get a big one. Just download about an hour ago, My first project due date 15 hours.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I'm a little confused. I've been running this program for about an hour now, CPU is at 100% but doesn't seem to be slowing my PC down, fan is running full speed all the time, status shows running, progress shows 0, I can't tell if it's working on a project and I have no idea what it's doing if it's doing anything. Can somebody explain what is going on?

lmorris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
GA
For the adjusting of the CPU usage and choice of what to fold in the top right of the client control window
click on the novice/expert/advanced selection box. Select advanced or expert and then in the config button
you will now extra options to play with. For those of us with less than a Cray Super computer you can adjust
the CPU/GPU usage to keep the machine useable and still folding at the same time.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
First off - If you are running FAH on a laptop, you need to get a cooling pad because FAH runs warm.

To change CPU usage open your FAHControl. Open it then change your Novice dropdown to Expert. Then check on your configuration tab, then the Advance tab. You can also select the project you want to do most of your work for.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
For the adjusting of the CPU usage and choice of what to fold in the top right of the client control window
click on the novice/expert/advanced selection box. Select advanced or expert and then in the config button
you will now extra options to play with. For those of us with less than a Cray Super computer you can adjust
the CPU/GPU usage to keep the machine useable and still folding at the same time.

I don't see this novice/expert/advanced selection box.

Click to enlarge
View attachment 157530

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread