Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Nope, site owner responded and the ad is now very clear and easy to get rid of, possibly permanently for those who so desire? But it's easily viewed (and removed) which I think is fair enough as a response for sure.

Anna

Pop up ads are NEVER. EVER acceptable. In addition to ads, pop ups are the NUMBER ONE source for malware. Since you have to click something to close it, a programmer can program that button as "I accept this download" and you browser will accept that as confirmation and then you are infected. The only safe way to close a suspicious pop up is using Alt+F4 to close the whole browser. For these reasons, I have been known to boycott sites and companies that employ that tactic for advertising.

Even if not infected with malware (I don't think ECF is) pop us are still like having a 5 yr old jumping up in your face screaming "HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY", not only is it rude it just pisses me off. It definitely will NEVER get me to buy the selected product, if anything I would go out of my way to buy a competitor product that I didn't see an ad for.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The 1k shopping spree bubble will not go away, takes up have my screen and the X seems to move from top to bottom if it appears on bubble at all. Now I can see anything I'm typing because the bubble takes up the middle have of me screen!
If you are using your phone, turn the phone landscape(sideways) to get a bigger screen. Then you will see the 'x' and the very right side of the bubble(inside the bubble itself). I totally agree its so annoying.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's kind of complicated, I think. You need to click on it in just the right place, (the far right end) and well, hover over it, an X should appear, and if you click directly on that X, it will go away for awhile, and not ask you for any input or to add entries, or money, or if it looks fat in those pants.

We women know how to do that by instinct, but you're going to have to hover around over it until the magic X appears, and click on it almost instantaneously and it SHOULD go away. If not, you aren't doing it right and you need to get married so you can practice.

Anna

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
So? The community complains and is now presented with another, larger add that takes up 25% of the screen and can not be removed? Iv tried all 4 corners and it just opensa pop up. I really cant except that this is by design and hope it hets fixxed
I cant even see what im typinh!?Way to monetize it peeps.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

I just tried Logging Out, Clearing Caches/Cookies, and the Logging back in. Now it in the L/H Lower Corner.

:blink:

This is Worse. Cause Now I Can't even see who is Posting without doing some Scroll Wheel Gymnastics.

:facepalm:

There is Now a Faint "X" in the Upper R/H Corner of the Pop-Up.

I clicked it and it appears to have removed things.

:thumb:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
thanks, couldnt see it when it was in lower right corner but now that it moved to lower left u can see it. still frigging annoying

Yeah... I don't think the "X" was there when the Pop-Up was on the R/H Side.

BTW - Kudos to the Code Writers for getting a Resolution (even if it is just a Session Resolution) done so Quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread