Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I stopped vaping a while ago, didn't go back to cigs, but find myself wanting to vape something during stressful times.

Here are my "wants":
1) System that is not "going out of style" in a month or where pods and replacement batteries are hard to find, or I have to go to 3 different sites to get stuff
2) MTL style
3) MUST BE less airy than the Joyetech AIO (this one was way too airy for me)
4) Must has refillable pods
5) Button Activated
6) Simple. I'm an advanced vaper but have no interest in stuff like readouts and temperature control anymore.
7) Preferably easy to fill. I do not want to struggle with eyesight and trying to fill tiny little things I can barely see
8) Works well with regular nic juice; not interested in nic salts
9) I no longer sit and vape continuously. Just want something I can have to use when I feel like it, like not vaping all day long anymore. Just want something to pull out at horse races, or while walking dog, or to calm myself after doctor's appointment. :)

I vape Halo menthol ejuices and something similar from my local.

Where to buy would be helpful. Not wanting to "gear up" again like I did when I first started vaping, nor buy 16 different things to try out. My curiousity factor is just not there anymore and I'm actually not THAT picky. Ease of fill and a decent battery life would be nice.

10) battery must be at least 650mAh cuz otherwise we are talking going back to early cig-a-likes from 2011 (IMHO)

Last edited:

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
The Innokin EQ hits all your wants. It is a button activated device which has 800 mAh battery. It's made by Innokin and has been around for a while and since the brand is one of the better known brands, it should be around for a long time. It has a real tight MTL type draw. The fill method on these pods is probably the easiest of all pod systems where you just twist the bottom and fill; no plugs to play with. Very simple to use device with the button activation. It has boost mode if you want a higher wattage hit but I find the regular mode provides a good hit. I run a 18mg regular nic DIY strong menthol in this and have had no complaints. It is not a cloud producer, just provides a solid MTL vape. The pods last a long time and if running a menthol, should get decent life. It only comes with one pod so I have bought an extra or two to have on hand. Only went through one pod since I bought the system in October and this device is in my daily rotation.

I checked and MyFreedomSmokes, MyVaporStore, Element Vape, and many other places sell this product along with replacement pods.

Innokin is coming out with the updated version of this called the EQs and from what I've seen by reviewers, it is very similar to the original. They made it more compact and added a few extra power settings, a better battery life indicator (same 800 mAh battery though), and a new type of coil. However, it appears the pods are interchangeable between the new system and the original EQ. The original pods have plexus coil pods and have real good flavor. The new pods will have plexus coil pods as well, just different ohms I believe. Not really sure as I did not do that much digging on it as I have not seen it on the market yet. I just wanted to throw this out there as it will hit the market soon.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi. Well, for variety, I would suggest the Aspire Nautilus AIO. In the U.S., I think the pods hold up to 4.5mls of liquid. They use Nautilus coils (1.8 ohm), so no need to dispose of the pod when the coil gives up. The battery is ~1000 mAh and the kit is quite light. It's certainly comfortable. Also, it's cheap enough that losing or breaking it shouldn't make you cry.

It has adjustable airflow - you can have quite a tight MTL pull, if that suits. Power is fixed, which is a bit of a shame since I think it's a little warm (but I have the airflow nearly closed, so no surprises there). Refilling is OK-ish, but best with a needle-tip bottle. That's the biggest downside.

Full disclosure - I used mine regularly over 5-6 months and the pod retaining clips on the battery finally gave up. I will replace it, though - it's good.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
sxmini mi

Ticks all the boxes except it’s only 400 mAH. I like mine well enough because it’s sturdy, and really the battery lasts long enough for my purposes. It wouldn’t be a burden to Cary two, or even three of them, if i was going to be reliant on it for more than 5-6 hours and one battery wasn’t enough.

Same goes for the Flint AIO, which I prefer over the Mi because coils vs buying pods.

For me, I’d rather sacrifice a little battery time in exchange for metal instead of plastic, because I’m far more likely to break it than run the battery flat.

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
That's a point (thanks @DeloresRose) - I'd forgotten about the Geekvape Flint.

1000 mah, compact, replaceable coils, adjustable power and airflow.

I think capacity is 2ml max, but it can take 1.2 or 1.6 ohm coils.

It's a nice little unit and you can put the tank on a mod, should you wish.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
@Racehorse

Look into the Smok Nord. It's actually a really good pod mod type device.

While you can buy new pods for it, it takes coils and those are less expensive than new pods.. you can buy a pack of 5 coils for 10.00, and get them in either 1.4 ohm (if memory serves) or .6 ohm. They just pop in easy. (sorry for not getting up and looking at the box of coils.. but it's either 1.2 ohm or 1.4)

it's 1100 MAH and button activated.

It's MTL, but I've never used that Joyetech so I can't compare airflow for you.

Reactions: stols001

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I use both the ROTA pod by Voopoo and the vladdin RE by...well Vladdin vapor. They're both good devices and refillable. You have to change out the pods when the coils goes. Ones a 450 mah battery (rota) and the other is a 650 mah I believe but I use 36mg salts in them and you really don't need to vape on it much and I find they both last all day.

Maybe you should try salts?? I diy my own so it's cheap for me and I love the fact that you can carry a spare pod with maybe a different flavour in so that you can swap it out on the fly. They're pretty cheap too so I wouldn't exclude the smaller battery but just buy another? I've been vaping my Rota now for about 4.5 weeks and the coil is still going strong.

Good to hear that you vape Halo liquids. They were my favourite when I first quit. I used to like their dropper bottles for filling but it may be a problem with these two pods.

Good luck to you....:)

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
maybe artery pal 2 kit
- replacement coils no need to buy hole pods.
- coils are cheap. especially overseas. 5pcs 7 USD
- 1000 mha
- 3 ML replaceable pod
- 800 mha charge rate
- button activated
- MTL

I watched now several reviews and could not find many bad things around this device.
And here is a big thread about opinions from owners.
Artery Art Pal 2 → My Opinion

VapePro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2018

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Really want to thank all of you for helping me in this thread. @Vicman, @My Batt Hurts, @VapePro, @dansus, @ArminF, @charlie1465, @United States, @DeloresRose, @diagrammatiks

For a first try I went w/the NORD.
I never really liked the nautilus coils even back in the day so was unsure about going forward w/that one.

If the nord does't work my next stop will be the EQs. :)

Will let ya'll know, and if I have any problems or questions. Really though, thanks a whole bunch!!!

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Really want to thank all of you for helping me in this thread. @Vicman, @My Batt Hurts, @VapePro, @dansus, @ArminF, @charlie1465, @United States, @DeloresRose, @diagrammatiks

I never really liked the nautilus coils even back in the day so was unsure about going forward w/that one.

Will let ya'll know, and if I have any problems or questions. Really though, thanks a whole bunch!!!

if u like vapor production, u going to love Nord, i have it now and it kind of replace my main squonk now ...... for few reason.
1. No more overflow leak.
2. no more oily hand.
3. no more worry on battery. (i charge my nord mid night and use it after 11).
4. Juice saving, max i do is 9ml perday but normally i do around 6ml now.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

Glad to be of help :) Good luck with the Nord and definitely let us know how it goes.

override137

Mar 8, 2019
Check out the Aspire Spryte. There's a higher ohm coil for freebase juice and it hits all of your wants. The only curveball you might find is the adjustable airflow, I like mine all the way open but you can micro-adjust it as much as you want - it's free spinning, not the click style, so you can make it exactly as tight as you want. I've got 2 and it's the only small mod I use anymore

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
MESH - yes, mesh coils.
Check what options you have on mesh coils and buy such a pod.

Since i checked the Innokin EQ and now the PAL i know that this is from my opinion the only chance to get a decent flavour out of those pods. Next would be ceramic. Especially when you vape gourmet liquids. So not just one or two nuances. Wide compositions with all kind of nuances.

Got 10 pod systems now. Gave all up for the Artery PAL with the mesh coils.
Next to it i kept the Zero.
Rest moved to trash, gave away or sold.

If you like warmer vape (which i do) check that you have at least 14 watt output or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread