Help with diy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
Hey everyone, I already made my 1st post but I'm still trying to navigate around this forum ds I'm not sure if anyone read it it found it.. my name is Kelly and I'm new to this firfo but I've been taking advice from it for many years. My all day vape has been discontinued and I'm an old schooler MTL vaper.. I was vaping at 2.4 and my new vape is 1.8 and I simply want to add nicotine to my 30ml bottle of 1.8 50/50 ejuice. I contacted liquid barn... Are they a good source for diy products? He said I could purchase 100mg nic or 48 mg nic but then on the site it has nic with pg nic with vg.. am I going about this the right way? If I purchased the 100mg nic in PG how many drops would like add to a 50/50 18mg 30ml bottle? I just want the throat hit back.. maybe 24 or a little more.. please help!! Thanks - kelly

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
No worries :) new members fourm is a fine place to post until you’ve posted enough that the site will ask you to place your post in the appropriate sub forum.

In any event, 100mg/ml nic is still fairly heavily titrated with pg/VG, so you will want to manage the PG/VG ratio as well as the nic level. Unless of course you don’t care if it’s off by 10% or so. This is a point where a nic calculator phone app can be quite handy. Android has a mess of free ones. iPhone less so. Lacking one of these I’ll talk it out the long way, but generally a calculator app is the easy way to do this.

The short and sloppy answer: ~2ml

The long answer describing the methodology of the math so you can do it long hand later and understand why folks generally use calculator apps:

Assuming your 30ml bottle is full (and you are willing to move the contents to a larger bottle since this will create a larger volume of juice) you’ve got 30x18=540mg of nic in the bottle. A 30ml bottle of 24mg juice has 30x24=720mg of juice in it. This means you need to add 720-540=180mg of nicotine to that 30ml. Since you’re using 100mg/ml base you need to add 1.8ml for a total of 31.8ml of juice. Now because you now have more juice than the original 30ml there needs to be just a little more nic than 1.8ml to make everything round off to 24mg. Specifically 1.8x24=43.2mg which is 0.432ml of 100mg/ml juice. The problem is this raises the amount of juice again to 32.232ml but much less so than the first time. This whole thing needs to go on over and over until the amount of juice being added approaches zero. Which is to say, a calculus function. I stopped doing calculus the very minute I was allowed to, so I either use an app to do it for me or simply put up with reasonably close and convienient. 2ml is really close. If you vape 2ml of that 30ml bottle then put 2ml of 100mg/ml base in it will be even closer.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I do the 100mg nic because it coverts to a percentage easier. Doing my DIY, I make 5ml, 10ml, 20ml, 50ml, and 100ml batches depending on how the recipe is developing. Anyway, all those numbers convert to 100 easily. Just the way I learned it.

Sooo, I defer when someone asks about how much goes into 30ml. :yawn:

P.S. Yesterday, I made four 500ml juices. Once I got my percentages of ingredients I multiplied by 5. Killed a smallish bottle of nic from the freezer. But, bulk of 2020 is covered. :)

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
No worries :) new members fourm is a fine place to post until you’ve posted enough that the site will ask you to place your post in the appropriate sub forum.

In any event, 100mg/ml nic is still fairly heavily titrated with pg/VG, so you will want to manage the PG/VG ratio as well as the nic level. Unless of course you don’t care if it’s off by 10% or so. This is a point where a nic calculator phone app can be quite handy. Android has a mess of free ones. iPhone less so. Lacking one of these I’ll talk it out the long way, but generally a calculator app is the easy way to do this.

The long answer describing the methodology of the math so you can do it long hand later and understand why folks generally use calculator apps:

Assuming your 30ml bottle is full (and you are willing to move the contents to a larger bottle since this will create a larger volume of juice) you’ve got 30x18=540mg of nic in the bottle. A 30ml bottle of 24mg juice has 30x24=720mg of juice in it. This means you need to add 720-540=180mg of nicotine to that 30ml. Since you’re using 100mg/ml base you need to add 1.8ml for a total of 31.8ml of juice. Now because you now have more juice than the original 30ml there needs to be just a little more nic than 1.8ml to make everything round off to 24mg. Specifically 1.8x24=43.2mg which is 0.432ml of 100mg/ml juice. The problem is this raises the amount of juice again to 32.232ml but much less so than the first time. This whole thing needs to go on over and over until the amount of juice being added approaches zero. Which is to say, a calculus function. I stopped doing calculus the very minute I was allowed to, so I either use an app to do it for me or simply put up with reasonably close and convienient. 2ml is really close. If you vape 2ml of that 30ml bottle then put 2ml of 100mg/ml base in it will be even closer.
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time out to help me out! You guys are so nice on this forum. I'm gonna order it now 100mg in PG and then do a little more research while I'm waiting. I like your reply btw. For me it doesn't need to be exact, I just want a noticeable difference in throat hit without ruining the flavor. So I think I'll toy around with it in small doses until im comfortable. And I found a bunch of diy videos so I'm gonna take everyone's advice. Thank you so much? ☺️

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo

You know what! I read your explanation again and you totally answered my question.. now I'm more than comfortable ordering it. Thanks again!

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I was vaping at 2.4 and my new vape is 1.8 and I simply want to add nicotine to my 30ml bottle of 1.8 50/50 ejuice.
Might want to double check your calculations with a simple calculator. Could look at:
"Our Nicotine Shot Calculator will also allow you to increase the nicotine strength of your current e-liquid (e.g. increase from 3mg to 12mg)." (example)
re: Nicotine Shot Calculator / Shortfill Calculator - Vaping Hardware
upload_2019-1-2_17-24-35.png

I contacted liquid barn... Are they a good source for diy products?
Yes.
am I going about this the right way?
Looks like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread