Help with Tobacco flavor extraction, from homegrown tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Hello everyone, I have a friend that is growing some tobacco, he has some drying at the moment. Can anyone give me a suggestion on ratios of dried tobacco to vg or pg? Also is there a standard way of doing it? Any help from people that have done anything similar would be great. Thanks in advance.
j

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I've tried it before. To test how it would taste I didn't want to use alot of VG and tobacco so I took 1 gram of tobacco mixed it with 60ml of VG in a big baby food jar shook it really hard then heated it till I saw just a little steam come off the VG. After that I let it set overnight and heated it once more and shook it hard for 5 mins. Let it cool a little and poured it through a re-usable coffe filter and squeezed the remaining tobacco to get everything out. Then poured that through a paper filter. It seems to vape well and tastes pretty good. Has a very earthy flavor to it. As for the nicotine content I have no clue but it dosen't seem like alot at all it's very minimal.

Last edited:

fumarole

ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2009
The chemists here seem to think that extraction using a mild solvent such as VG will only get the flavorings, and very little nicotine. Even so, VG is supposed to be better than PG. Most people who try this report that there appears to be very little nic in the resulting gloop.

I believe it may need an aggressive solvent to get the nic out. They might use hexane or benzene commercially, not sure. I wonder if PGA would work. You'd have to boil it off, seems a waste of good alcohol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread