Help with wicking rayon in Griffin rta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadiVape

Feb 10, 2016
Hello again. I apologize for the onslaught of threads asking questions about these things. If this is the wrong place just let me know

After getting my Griffin wicked just right (see: last thread) I want to take another shot at trying Rayon, for its superior wicking powers. I have tried a few times to get it right, I've read the thread on Rayon and tried to find answers on wicking velocity styled decks to no avail. My attempts have been fruitless and it always comes out with no flavor. Plenty of vapor though.

I packed it in just tight enough to get a squeak noise without being too vigorous. Trimmed the tails right down so it's even on both sides and stick the little bits of tail just under the wicking ring. Once it's saturated there's full contact with the coil and there's some shoulders on either side.

Tl;Dr does anyone have experience with wicking rayon in this style deck? How far down the wicking holes should the tail go? Pictures would be majorly appreciated

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
I don't use rayon and am not familiar with the Griffin. On my Velocity I use a roller coaster wicking. Through one coil, then up and over the top in between the posts, then through the other coil so that you have one continuous wick. Tails are trimmed long enough to tuck under the coils in the well. You can get more info on rayon in the Wick and Wire forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread