Hi all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Hi everyone I’m jonathan. I’ve been vaping on and off since the first Blue Ecig came out. I have only bought prebuilt coils that tell u what to run them on til now lol. I’m really really trying to learn bout the benefits of making your own coils and stuff so I beg u all to please b patient with me cause all that ohms law and stuff make absolutely no sense to me even with a good ohms calculator lol. Thank u all for ur help and advice and I hope I can make friends here and not enemies cause I’m a social butterfly lol

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Welcome. We've all been confused, so as long as you're willing to learn we don't mind questions. As for Ohm's law, you only need to know about it if you're using a mech. If you are using a mech, you do need to know it and know it well. If you're using a regulated mod (one you can set the wattage on), the board (the one in the mod, not the message board) will take care of it for you.

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Hello @Jonathan Poss and welcome to ECF! There are plenty of knowledgeable and friendly people here. I was hesitant to join as well but now I am so glad I did. I am sure you will fit in very well. :)
Catherine
Thank you very very much Catherine u have just made me feel sooooo much better bout being here that I can’t even explain. I been trying to research a lot of stuff on my own before I accidentally stumbled in here but I just can’t seem to understand ohms law and stuff. Usually if someone helps me with stuff I can catch on but I’m really stumped by electricity lol. I’m looking forward to chatting with people like u that doesn’t mind taking time to explain it better or can at least say yea it works or no don’t do that lol. I’m more a flavor chaser than clouds but I can’t find any helpful stuff online cause everyone has their own opinion. I’m definitely up for trying suggestions that u or anyone else can give me though. Thank you again. I clicked to follow you if that’s ok with you

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Hello Jonathan. The only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. Are you using regulated devices and authentic batteries? If you are building will be the easy part. Wicking an rta has a short learning curve.
I’m using an IPV XANIDE mod with authentic Samsung 25R 2500/mah high drain batteries with an authentic Fireluke Freemax RDA. It came with an amazing pair of Clapton coils that during my first attempt at cleaning I accidentally bumped the fire button while I was using a pair of metal needle nosed pliers to hold cotton to clean and when it fired the coil looked like stepping on a slinky lol. It bent so fast it looked like a damn backlash on a fishing reel and I bout started crying lol. I can’t find how many wraps I need to make new coils or nothing. Some say 6 some say 8 and some say 7 but I don’t have a clue even how many the other ones were

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Because I’m learning about building first I’m using my SMOK Prince on the IPV XANIDE right now cause the only tank I have prebuilt coils for at moment lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    837.6 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Welcome. We've all been confused, so as long as you're willing to learn we don't mind questions. As for Ohm's law, you only need to know about it if you're using a mech. If you are using a mech, you do need to know it and know it well. If you're using a regulated mod (one you can set the wattage on), the board (the one in the mod, not the message board) will take care of it for you.
Thank god this mod I’m using is regulated I think lol. I know that when I screw a coil in it has 3 different power settings I can use: I use the watt settings obviously but I know it has a setting to use temp control and the 3rd setting involves Joules where the power and temp is located when u cycle through them. I certainly don’t know what the heck joules does lol. The thing that I loved about this XANIDE is the secondary settings for flavor control. If I am running at for instance 80 Watts I normally leave flavor settings on soft but I can cycle it to standard next then powerful then powerful+. The Watts always stay sane but it gets hot quicker depending on which of those I put it on but it stops at whatever the Watts temp should max at it just hits that temp quicker some how. Only thing I hate bout this mod really is all the buttons for settings are under fire button and very very easy to accidentally change stuff without even knowing it if u don’t pay attention to finger placement lol

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Jonathan your Fireluke is a sub ohm tank that has a rba head. Number of wraps and diameter of coils depends on what works best in the atty and what resistance you enjoy. I would advise you buy some pre build coils and a spool of wire. If you have the funds I suggest you get a single coil rda and just continue using the drop in coils for the Fireluke for now. I'll get on the computer and link you to a glossary for vaping terms.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Dont worry about asking stupid questions. There are thosr who do it all the time, lol. All kidding aside, ask question, listen to all the different answers and sort out what works best for you. In my mind, which is a strange place btw, folks asking for the best this and the best that kinda irritate me because there really is no best anything. I have a juice i like and i think its the best, someone else hates it. You have a mod or tank set up you think is best and somebody else hates it. So with that out of the way, lol, welcome and we will try to help you along the way of vaping excellently.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Dont worry about asking stupid questions. There are thosr who do it all the time, lol. All kidding aside, ask question, listen to all the different answers and sort out what works best for you. In my mind, which is a strange place btw, folks asking for the best this and the best that kinda irritate me because there really is no best anything. I have a juice i like and i think its the best, someone else hates it. You have a mod or tank set up you think is best and somebody else hates it. So with that out of the way, lol, welcome and we will try to help you along the way of vaping excellently.
I'm with you on that.
Subjective questions elicit subjective answers and leave you none the wiser.
Such questions are often asked by the very young . Experience should teach us the futility this path leads.
Grasshopper.

Upinsmoke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2017
Suffolk UK
Welcome Jonathan.
ECF is the Wikipedia of vape.
Everything you want to know is here .
The search feature is not very intuitive.
Takes some time to find your way around .
Some of the old lags have their own blog post which are very helpful .
Tool wise 3 things I had to purchase that I could not find in my workshop .
Ceramic tweezers.
Mini wire cutters.
Mini wire brush.
Enjoy the ride.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just can’t seem to understand ohms law and stuff. Usually if someone helps me with stuff I can catch on but I’m really stumped by electricity.
Hopefully one of these two blogs can help you with the Ohm's Law stuff.

Ohm's Law Explained for Vapers

Explain it to the Dumb Noob: Ohm's Law Calculations for a Mechanical Mod
  • As simple as it is to use, some people have a tough time grasping the concept. Recently revised to be even more simple. Warning: Includes graphic photos of mod explosions.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not quite clear, do you want to build coils but use a regulated mod? Your batteries and having authentic will matter (as well as charging) but I'd probably head over here if you just want to learn how to use your own coils that you make, and how to calculate resistance, find the right type of wire, learn how to use steam-engine.org, etc.

For batteries, some light reading (you don't have to read it all at once).

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

For rebuilding, these forums:

Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread