Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Poss

Jun 16, 2018
Anniston,Alabama
Cotton is one option for wicks. Three brands of cotton are often used:
  • Koh Gen Do
  • Muji
  • Cotton Bacon
Cotton Bacon is made for vaping, while Koh Gen Do and Muji are both Japanese brands of cotton facial wipes that people have found to work well. Koh Gen Do is my personal favourite, but you can learn more about the differences in the Wick and Wire forum:

Wick and Wire

Rayon is another option for wicking, and you can read about it there too. Wicking is a major factor in how well your coil works, and experience is the best way to learn about it. Take a look at the forum, watch a few Youtube videos, then try it yourself. If you're a normal human being you'll have a few wicking failures at first, but it won't take too long before you figure out how much wick to use and how to use it.;) Feel free to post pictures of your disasters to the forum, and people will offer tips for improvement.

Unfortunately there isn't. The problem is that there are an awful lot of different ways to make a 0.25 ohm (or whatever ohm) coil, and they'll all work best at different wattages. You can use a lot of wraps of a low-gauge (thicker) wire, or a few wraps of a higher-gauge (thinner) wire to get the same resistance. The low-gauge coil would then have a lot more metal in it and need more power to heat up than the higher-gauge coil.

One thing you can do is play around with the Steam Engine site to get an idea of how things work. You pick your wire type, your ID (inside diameter) and your target resistance, and the site will tell you how many wraps you need and whether it's likely to work well.

Ultimately, the way to pick your wattage for a particular coil is to start low and gradually increase your settings. Keep going higher until you're happy with the vape. Then increase it a bit more to see if it gets better. Once it starts getting worse, go back down to where you liked it best. That's the right wattage for your coil.
I bought some of that Koh Gen do organic Japanese cotton online cause the ad showed a lot of 5 star reviews on it lol. This is my first time using anything except the stuff my buddy puts n it when he would replace the old lol. The cotton he uses comes n a box like a Kleenex box that he gets at a beauty shop for a few bucks and it’s 1 giant continuous piece he just cuts off as he goes lol. I’m sold on the new organic Koh Gen Do after one use cause I’ve already ran this coil from 70-150 Watts in just over an hour and I haven’t gotten even a slight cotton taste❣️❣️❣️❣️I am definitely glad I have been blessed to get all this help from you all to make my first experience my best experience ❣️❣️❣️

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread