Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tduarte

Mar 7, 2018
Hey guys, I'm Thiago and I've switched to vaping after 10 years of smoking. Has been 6 months already, and I only smoke cigarettes on a few occasions where my solutions fail for some reason and I need to wait the shipping time.

I have a juul (that is not working for some reason) and a Rubi. I did a lot of research to find this two solutions, but I'm happy to try other pod systems.

Cheers.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, welcome to ECF and congrats on reducing smoking and moving to vaping, that's great. I don't know much about pod mods, and some people vastly prefer them for flavor, but if you are looking for a backup (which yes, you should have) it might be interesting to look at other types of vape equipment, for example a mouth to lung tank, which will be similar to the draw on your pods, probably, and also will give you some other options. Coils tend to be cheaper to replace, and with the right airflow and wattage, you have the option to customize your vape more, by changing wattage and airflow.

Good MTL starter kits would include a Pico 25 (small form factor but has an internal battery, which can be recharged externally if that interests you) although there is also a USB charge only internal battery option. They come with the melo II or III depending on which one you choose, which is a small capacity, medium draw sort of tank. The tanks can also accept other coils.

There is the aspire zelos mod, which comes with a Nautilus 2 tank, and that's a well liked MTL tank by many who are starting vaping, as it has a fairly tight draw. It is on the smaller side of capacity but it's not a super "thirsty" tank.

Many options to purchase, in the US or direct from China. Could look at "vapecrawler.com" if you are interested in this option and it will give you competitive prices from a variety of vendors. If it comes from China, be prepared to wait.

Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay here. :)

Anna

tduarte

Mar 7, 2018
Welcome to the forum.

I've tried just about every type of ecig except for a pod mod, so I for one wouldn't be much help to you. I do have a suggestion for you:

:rules: The first rule of vaping is to have a backup setup.

That's a rule I was trying to apply until my brand new Juul (my backup) stopped working :(. It's a shame, this is already the replacement they sent to me, so I'm really uncomfortable to contact they again.

I would like to know why you prefer all the other solutions but the pod mods. Were you a smoker before vaping?

Cheers.

Reactions: Opinionated

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would like to know why you prefer all the other solutions but the pod mods. Were you a smoker before vaping?
Yes, I was a pack-a-day smoker for 35+ years. I will have been vaping exclusively for 6 years next month.

I started with a cigalike setup, and hated it, but I just knew there had to be a better setup to achieve that "cigarette experience". I skipped past the next stage of "eGo setups", and went directly to a mechanical mod and cartotank. Regulated mods were just starting to appear, and within a month I got my first regulated mod, a Provari. This setup was the biggest gamechanger for me and I finally found a setup that best replicated the cigarette experience. I've owned a couple of mechanical bottom feeder mods that were ok, but not my preference. I've been rebuilding my own coils for RBA's for at least 3 - 4 years, but in the last year I've been using premade factory coils for my sub-ohm clearomizer tanks.

I've not tried a pod mod because they've only been available for a couple of years, and at first I related them to be too much like a cigalike, which I detest. However, from what I have read and heard from my nephew-in-law, they are at least a step or two up from a cigalike. I am completely content with my current setup: JAC Vapour series B DNA75W and original Uwell Crown clearomizer tank.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hey guys, I'm Thiago and I've switched to vaping after 10 years of smoking. Has been 6 months already, and I only smoke cigarettes on a few occasions where my solutions fail for some reason and I need to wait the shipping time.
I have a Juul (that is not working for some reason) and a Rubi. I did a lot of research to find this two solutions, but I'm happy to try other pod systems.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might want to look at less costly systems. Sub ohm coils tend to consume an extraordinary amount of expensive e-liquid. Could check out:
Suorin Drop Ultra Portable System | Ultra Portable Kits
Best Pod Vapes | The Next "Big" Thing in Vaping? - Vaping360

Celt1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2018
USA
Welcome. I can relate to the pods, I have a Rubi too, as well as a Feather, and like them a lot. I did get extra pods for them to do quick flavor changes. I love the flavor they produce, as well as being so convenient to stick in a pocket. The "problem" I had with using them as my primary vapes is the frequency of charging and refilling as all day devices.

So now I am diving into the MTL tank/mod thing. I still will hang on to my pods though.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread