Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I think it is possible you are getting a little excited over nothing. Or maybe a lot excited. Either way, Ego-C/T batteries are generally interchangeable and unless you get the Ego-C "Upgrade" version, the only difference I've seen in the Ego-T and C is that the C LED will turn blue when the battery gets low. This is supposed to happen when you have "20%" capacity left but in reality, it usually doesn't happen until right before the battery dies (i.e. I notice my vape getting weak before I see any blue on the button.) Additionally, its nearly impossible to vape and look at the button. This feature is really nothing more than some marketing drivel and certainly not enough to get so crazy about.

One thing you will probably realize after vaping for a couple weeks is that standard Ego batteries are not really even a full step above cig-a-likes. You are going to move to a twist or a spinner or a mod fairly quickly and the basic Egos will be in a drawer for emergencies. At that point, you'll be able to look back and see how silly all this was.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. HDV is definitely at the top of the list of vendors I prefer to do business with.

I have to respectfully disagree...they aren't exactly the same batt and I'm not getting excited really. I just wanted what I ordered...what was clearly advertised....and I wont do business with a vendor that wont take the blame for their mistake and rectify it immediately...ones who act like and insinuate that it's the customer's problem.....his responses have been condescending, pointing the finger elsewhere, and rude...and that is unacceptable...bad business, unless you are in the business of alienating new customers...if my getting ticked by his lackadaisical responses makes it seem like I'm getting too excited to you, then so be it...but there are too many other places to spend my money to settle for this...YMMV...

You are right...I will likely move on to bigger and better things...and I do know where none of the money will be spent on it...

I'm done with this thread and with them. I would never expect a vendor to have an attitude like this...I've never experienced it before...hopefully I will never have to again...

Last edited:

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
I'm not going to delete these posts, I think they serve their purpose well. The bottom line is that:

*A mistake was made
*The mistake was pointed out
*The mistake was corrected (pic updated)
*We offered a full refund, then offered to refund the shipping too
*Customer refused
*End of story.

I will leave my own personal opinions out of this and hope that we can all move on with life.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
John, I'm having trouble leaving my feelings out of this and have to say something for any new customer who may come across this. I will start by saying I am in no way affiliated with John or HDV other than being a long time customer.

I have seen John bend over backwards to help out customers whether there was a mistake on his part or not (usually not).

I could give examples such as the customer who was leaving on a trip and ordered something at the last minute to take along. When it didnt look like it would be there in time John offered to resend the items on his own dime express to make sure it got to him.

I have had 1 issue with 1 order and John responded immediately and took care of the problem. I have also ordered incorrectly or wanted to add to an order and after contacting John he went out of his way to help me get what I needed.

Put all this together with fast shipping, great care with packaging, an ever increasing product line and a customer-centric approach to business, HDV is among the best vendors there is.

I will not address the issue or Spike1964s post specifically as I dont know all the details but I will say he seems to be reading things into the responses that are not there.

I will tell you Spike1964, if you move on, the loss will be yours.

The very fact that this is being left up and not deleted is a testament to Johns transparency and honesty

OK, I'll go back to my corner now and be quite, just couldn't stand to see John, and Jennifer (not forgetting you!), have their integrity questioned and get dragged through the mud and not say something.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
I second the above post! I for one was so lost when I was trying to get started. I called HDV & got Jenn on the other end of the line! She answered all my questions & then some. I purchased the same kit & it's still going strong til this day. A couple of weeks later I made another purchase & Jenn actually called me to let me know that something was out of stock but that she was sending me an even better goodie in place of it. Fast forward to about a week ago...I received another shipment which was missing a screw for one of my tanks. As much as I hated to email & ask for a screw John promptly sent it out to me.

I don't know how many emails & questions I've sent to them they are also professional & courteous with me. That's why they have a customer for life. Even now that I've moved on from my egos I still purchase a big part of my juice from HDV and I'm always beyond pleased with the service I've received.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience but I think that there might have been a better way of resolving it.

Ok on another note...yes I'm making another order soon! That blue-zazz is better than a glass of sweet tea in the middle of summer! Lol! Seriously I've ordered 2 in less than a month & still need some more. Hummm maybe we should look into some kinda auto-ship thingie!!

Last edited:

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
After reading several posts in other threads, that were closed by admins, I can say someone seems to be thinking they found a deal on "C" batteries when the description clearly read " T" batteries and is now trying the "I will bash you publicly till I get what I want" method.

This thread is also not the place for such things. They have specific forums for positive/negative vendor reviews. You also clearly had a private conversation going with them, yet you decided to post your public bashing. Again clearly your motive is not to get a simple issue resolved.

We are not talking about a bait and switch issue. A simple photo of a C instead of a T is common. Visually that is literally the only difference, two little letters. No the batteries are not identical, hence the distinction with the T and the C designation. A T is what was being sold, it was very clear about that fact on the website.

This is a well respected and consistently superb vendor. You are either making an issue out of a non-issue or you want something for nothing. That is the bottom line. Have a great day.

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
Man!!! I just can't catch a break....LOL!!! Started Vaping this month, so I missed the Valentine sales..:oops:....JUST found THIS thread and your website TODAY:w00t:. Wish I could have found you yesterday:cry:.....Now.....No Money till Mon or Tue, and your sale ends Sunday. I got NO luck at all. HAHAHA!! Ah well. Such is life. Murphy's Law and all that. And, DANG, y'all gotta a lot of nice liquids!!! Been drooling all over my screen. LOL!! One of these days I am gonna catch things JUST RIGHT, I'll fall over dead and hubby will start dancin a jig! HEHEHEHE!!

Yea, laugh till it hurts. LOL May as well. Hubby is sitting next to me laughin at me too! Just wait 'till he asks me to make him a new batch of juice. *Nope....no mix left* (He just noticed what I am typing) HAHAHA...now look who's a laughing!!! ME!!!

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
Yup, everything sound and looks soooooooo yummy. Unfortunately I bought some gear for myself and hubby Friday, spent my allowance and what little hubby had left in the bank. (Think I left 5 bucks in there) If I had seen this place 1st though, the gear would have waited. Would have much rather loaded up on liquids and kept refilling my lil carto's and bought better gear later. RATS, RATS, RATS, and DOUBLE RATS!!

Wouldn't be so bad but I have 10 family members waiting to see what Liquids and Gear I like. I am VERY picky, so if I LIKE it...they are gonna LOVE it! If I LOVE it....their heads explode!!

proudlion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2010
Winter Haven, FL
What are the details of the sale?

Hi Tracey1 - It's a current customer appreciation sale. HDV asked that we not post it in the forums. If you're a current customer look for the email sent on March 24; If you're not already an HDV customer, stay tuned, they will be announcing it here shortly.:)

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
Hi Tracey1 - It's a current customer appreciation sale. HDV asked that we not post it in the forums. If you're a current customer look for the email sent on March 24; If you're not already an HDV customer, stay tuned, they will be announcing it here shortly.:)

This is exactly right. Our most recent sale was offered to current customers only, though some people did actually leak the info out despite our requests.

We will be announcing the new April sale soon. Stay tuned =)

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
You betcha, even if I gotta dig out Pop's ole Ham Radio!!! I have not caught a sale in years. When the sale is on...I got NO money. When the sale is OFF....yup, I got a lil to spend and nothing to spend it on!!

It really stinks living on a budget. There are so few things we truely enjoy these days. Hubby got hurt pretty bad a few years back, while in the Marines. He didn't loose his legs, but was told him he would have been better off if he had. Bad nerve damage. Sooooo, as you can imagine, we don't get outside too often. Well, we do if you count trips to the VA Hospital every week for PTSD, LOADS of fun there. We went from being active almost every weekend to near shut-in's. I can't leave him home alone too long. He'll find some way to get into trouble. LOL He finally got the prosthetics today. I hope like mad that they do the job. We miss taking walks. We miss camping. We miss so very very many things. Would be nice to have an out-of-doors LIFE again.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
You betcha, even if I gotta dig out Pop's ole Ham Radio!!! I have not caught a sale in years. When the sale is on...I got NO money. When the sale is OFF....yup, I got a lil to spend and nothing to spend it on!!

It really stinks living on a budget. There are so few things we truely enjoy these days. Hubby got hurt pretty bad a few years back, while in the Marines. He didn't loose his legs, but was told him he would have been better off if he had. Bad nerve damage. Sooooo, as you can imagine, we don't get outside too often. Well, we do if you count trips to the VA Hospital every week for PTSD, LOADS of fun there. We went from being active almost every weekend to near shut-in's. I can't leave him home alone too long. He'll find some way to get into trouble. LOL He finally got the prosthetics today. I hope like mad that they do the job. We miss taking walks. We miss camping. We miss so very very many things. Would be nice to have an out-of-doors LIFE again.

Sorry to hear that, just hang in there, hopefully things will get better. Please Thank your husband for his service and all he has given for us, our country and most important to me, our second amendment rights.

And, just FYI, we keep a special code active for all Military members.... just use code: MIL at checkout.

KrasH

Moved On
Jul 25, 2012
I sent out about ten samples of the Organic Caramel Cream, so if you get a run on it you know why. Besides it being awesome.

4e7a6uba.jpg

Just a shot of some of the stuff I sent out to a few people (various vendors). Getting a lot of great feedback on that one and the Sweet Organic Cinnamon.

J&V Far

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Upstate NY, USA
TY for the MIL code thingy. May have to wait a bit longer now. The T3's we got on the 1st of this month are leaking onto the battery heads (NOT from you...don't worry!!), have to clean them after every use. Spinner's set to 3.8 using SR T3's. NOT hard drawing either.
Are there any Batteries out there with REAL staying power? Already had to charge one of his twice, the other only once. He may ne using each for 3-5 min (NOT steady drawing....Draw, holds in mouth a bit, inhales into lungs, exhales, waits a bit the puffs again) every couple of hours. Like A gets used & turned off; then few hours later B gets turned on & used, turned off; then few more hours A used again & turned off, rinse and repeat. He is a Light puffer. Two full T3's lasted him almost 3 days.
Clearo's with less leak issues?? Any that have less to no leaking. Should I have NOT bought myself gear and just spent MORE on getting HIM better gear. HECK, I am still smoking my original KR808D-1 and STILL have about 10 cart's to go. OR should we just go back to the KR808D-1's and say the HECK with it all?!?!?! Well, except for Juice to refill those lil cart's with.
We just do NOT want to waste good juice on bad gear. I know this is NOT your problem since we didn't get the gear from you....I guess I am just VENTING. I would be very interested in any ideas you may have about gear though.

NONE of the item mentioned above were purchased from HDV!! It is simple the confusion and rantings of a very frustrated woman.

Brewtus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.highdesertvapes.com
TY for the MIL code thingy. May have to wait a bit longer now. The T3's we got on the 1st of this month are leaking onto the battery heads (NOT from you...don't worry!!), have to clean them after every use. Spinner's set to 3.8 using SR T3's. NOT hard drawing either.
Are there any Batteries out there with REAL staying power? Already had to charge one of his twice, the other only once. He may ne using each for 3-5 min (NOT steady drawing....Draw, holds in mouth a bit, inhales into lungs, exhales, waits a bit the puffs again) every couple of hours. Like A gets used & turned off; then few hours later B gets turned on & used, turned off; then few more hours A used again & turned off, rinse and repeat. He is a Light puffer. Two full T3's lasted him almost 3 days.
Clearo's with less leak issues?? Any that have less to no leaking. Should I have NOT bought myself gear and just spent MORE on getting HIM better gear. HECK, I am still smoking my original KR808D-1 and STILL have about 10 cart's to go. OR should we just go back to the KR808D-1's and say the HECK with it all?!?!?! Well, except for Juice to refill those lil cart's with.
We just do NOT want to waste good juice on bad gear. I know this is NOT your problem since we didn't get the gear from you....I guess I am just VENTING. I would be very interested in any ideas you may have about gear though.

NONE of the item mentioned above were purchased from HDV!! It is simple the confusion and rantings of a very frustrated woman.

My first question is what liquid did you put in them? There are many flavors out there known to cause problems with clearo's and this is 97% of the time the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread