High drain batteries, talk to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm working on Three different style 18650 mods and i am trying to source the proper 18650 battery. Is there any real advantage to a high drain battery over one of these that i ordered:

AW 18650 Protected 2600 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery - New Version

Do we need a 10, 15 or 20 amp discharge rate? Do we need such a gross overage when the atomizers don't draw that much?

Has anyone actually experimented on atomizers with high drain batteries vs. ones like the one i just ordered above?

Your thoughts?

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I've used both the battery above and the High Drain and I see absolutely no difference in performance. I can't speak to how long they last because I never let them get totally drained. There are 2 points though. First is that the battery above is not a button top so either you design the mod to use a flat top battery or you'll have to buy magnetic spacers. Secondly, if you are powering say a double atty SB, I'd imagine that the extra discharge rate might be helpful.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
i have yet to try these batteries i have heard many different points but i will say i have mostly positive things about these batteries.

But if you do base your mod off these you should sell them with the mod because they run out quickly and can be hard to find these batteries. :) just a thought

I'll try to make it to also fit the Ultrafires, i mean, those are still a good battery for the money and you can vape a damn long time on them.

But my real concerns are, will a battery such as these vape just as well as say, a 15 amp continuous discharge battery? I think i've read most atomizers are only a couple amps. Seems like overkill.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
David this is going to be a HV MOD right???? 3.7 VOLTS and 6 VOLTS??????

Mods in triplecate;-) I do imagine they'll take two CR123a's too:) Not so sure 6v isn't going the way of the dinosaur though with the new low resistance atties coming out?

hamsup1o

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2009
I have both types in hand but no mods to try them yet. However I can tell you that there is about a 4mm size difference in length. Hope this helps.

img0281a.png

redrhino

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NY,CA,FL
Mods in triplecate;-) I do imagine they'll take two CR123a's too:) Not so sure 6v isn't going the way of the dinosaur though with the new low resistance atties coming out?

Ok stupid post on my Part.... Should have read it more Carefully.....One thing though Bud... Don't rely on these Low Resistance atty's to quickly.....They are certainly getting a lot of Complaints from ECF Members....Some of the Complaints Include....

Burning out to quickly
User's don't really notice any difference what so ever
Some of the Users even stated that's it's complete Junk
And Even if it does work....Only One supplier as of now carries them
That's Just a few On the Forums I'm sure there's More

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok stupid post on my Part.... Should have read it more Carefully.....One thing though Bud... Don't rely on these Low Resistance atty's to quickly.....They are certainly getting a lot of Complaints from ECF Members....Some of the Complaints Include....

Burning out to quickly
User's don't really notice any difference what so ever
Some of the Users even stated that's it's complete Junk
And Even if it does work....Only One supplier as of now carries them
That's Just a few On the Forums I'm sure there's More

Very good points, i wasn't going to completely jump ship yet:)

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
A nice sturdy spring can close that gap in Pro/unpro style batts and NO....HV will NOT be goin dino David :) I LOVE my option of using a reg atty on 3.7v using 18650s and the option of 2 3v batts ...low resistance attys pop faster than a baloon in a dart game so please, keep on doing this mod! Ur KILLING me lol, Ive been waiting for this FOREVER and a day! :D Im also very excited!!!! I like my mods big, my voltage variable and my attys regular please :);):D

GGGGgggoooooOOOoOOooOOoooo DAVID!!!

Oh yeah, I have all the batts and I see absolutely NO difference whatsoever and my whateverFIRE brands last longer and are porotected and I dont stack em so were good...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread