Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Ok, this might be a silly question but I just don't want to screw anything up.

I've recently acquired the Vapor Flask and it comes with a USB charging cable. Is it safe to use an AC adapter and charge it from a wall outlet? Or should I only use it with a computer USB outlet?

Not silly at all. MY opinion is that I NEVER charge things via my PCs. I always use an AC adapter instead. The reason is that every incident I've seen, related to ecig "issues", always involved a computer.

I'm a simple man, so please don't ask me to provide the science behind my preconceived notion. :D

But unequivocally yes, you can use an AC adapter. Of THAT I am certain.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Not silly at all. MY opinion is that I NEVER charge things via my PCs. I always use an AC adapter instead. The reason is that every incident I've seen, related to ecig "issues", always involved a computer.

I'm a simple man, so please don't ask me to provide the science behind my preconceived notion. :D

But unequivocally yes, you can use an AC adapter. Of THAT I am certain.

Excellent! Thanks for the quick response.

I'd much rather charge it with a wall outlet rather than the computer anyway.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

I've recently acquired the Vapor Flask and it comes with a USB charging cable. Is it safe to use an AC adapter and charge it from a wall outlet? Or should I only use it with a computer USB outlet?

Perfectly safe, and in fact that'd charge it faster than it would thru the notebook's USB port.

Here's the Science, well in brief:

A typical USB 2.0 port (as usually available in notebooks) delivers up to 500mA (milliamps) of power. The AC-USB wall plug delivers almost twice that, at 900mA. And also there are many AC-USB plug outlets which can output around 1500mA (eg. Nokia N9 charger), to speeds up to 2100mA (eg. Huawei Ascend Mate).

NOTE: An USB 3.0 port, already known for faster data transmission, also supplies energy at a more powerful pace, 900mA. But isn't available with all notebooks.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Perfectly safe, and in fact that'd charge it faster than it would thru the notebook's USB port.

Here's the Science, well in brief:

A typical USB 2.0 port (as usually available in notebooks) delivers up to 500mA (milliamps) of power. The AC-USB wall plug delivers almost twice that, at 900mA. And also there are many AC-USB plug outlets which can output around 1500mA (eg. Nokia N9 charger), to speeds up to 2100mA (eg. Huawei Ascend Mate).

NOTE: An USB 3.0 port, already known for faster data transmission, also supplies energy at a more powerful pace, 900mA. But isn't available with all notebooks.

Thanks Q! I kind of figured it would charge faster. I was just concerned that the DNA30 board might not be too happy with that configuration and take a crap on me.

Thanks to you all, my worries have been eliminated. :thumb:

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
Thanks Q! I kind of figured it would charge faster. I was just concerned that the DNA30 board might not be too happy with that configuration and take a crap on me.

Thanks to you all, my worries have been eliminated. :thumb:

You have the V2, right? Which batteries did you put in it? My Samsungs and AW won't fit - just slightly too thick! So I have a Vapor Flask but no batteries that can fit...

CharliesTheMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Louisiana

I don't think it's a silly question at all in my opinion. I say definitely run it off of the wall charger when possible. I usually try to charge mine from wall chargers that came with the devices or if the manufacturer never provided any, I'll use a wall charger at one or two amps output max. Most of my devices came with 5 A max output chargers, but unless I know that it came with one or the specs or manual says it can handle it, I use one of my HTC wall chargers putting out 1 or 2 A max output, like on the wall plug it will have its power specs in tiny writing either between the prongs.

But yes wall charging is fine with everything I have had, it's often better than running from the USB output on a computer, but that varies based on a lot of factors in a computer. I do recommend using a decent wall charger plu though, you can tell the build quality generally. The ones that come from phone manufacturers are often pretty decent. And like Belkin and Griffin have always been very high quality as far as the one's I've bought. The cheap and flimsy crap usually has that cheap feel to it, where it feels like you're going to break it when unpackaging it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't think it's a silly question at all in my opinion. I say definitely run it off of the wall charger when possible. I usually try to charge mine from wall chargers that came with the devices or if the manufacturer never provided any, I'll use a wall charger at one or two amps output max. Most of my devices came with 5 A max output chargers, but unless I know that it came with one or the specs or manual says it can handle it, I use one of my HTC wall chargers putting out 1 or 2 A max output, like on the wall plug it will have its power specs in tiny writing either between the prongs.

But yes wall charging is fine with everything I have had, it's often better than running from the USB output on a computer, but that varies based on a lot of factors in a computer. I do recommend using a decent wall charger plu though, you can tell the build quality generally. The ones that come from phone manufacturers are often pretty decent. And like Belkin and Griffin have always been very high quality as far as the one's I've bought. The cheap and flimsy crap usually has that cheap feel to it, where it feels like you're going to break it when unpackaging it.

I've got a few of these strategically placed around the house. I like 'em.

Amazon.com: PowerGen Black 3.4-Amp (17 Watt) Dual USB Wall Charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You have the V2, right? Which batteries did you put in it? My Samsungs and AW won't fit - just slightly too thick! So I have a Vapor Flask but no batteries that can fit...

I contacedt Vapor Flask directly (thru Facebook) and Charlie told me the LG's fit...got a pair and they do!

The purple Efests don't though...FYI.

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm actually having issues with my Vapor Flask. I'm getting horrible battery life. At the same settings with the same atty, I get much better life with my WE2. Something is wrong. I pull the bats out when it says they're depleted on the VF and they meter out at 3.95. I haven't been able to get more than an hour at 15w.

I would contact Vapor Flask Directly. I had a similar problem with my V2 right after I got it. The battery indicator was bouncing all over the place...showing 3/4's full, then jumping to 25% full... up to 50%...just all over the place. Then the 510 connection got sloppy and eventually stopped making a connection. I contacted Charlie (on Facebook) and he responded immediately...I shipped it to him on Monday and had it back and fixed on Friday. Excellent turn around. It's been working flawlessly since then.

Good luck!

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
I would contact Vapor Flask Directly. I had a similar problem with my V2 right after I got it. The battery indicator was bouncing all over the place...showing 3/4's full, then jumping to 25% full... up to 50%...just all over the place. Then the 510 connection got sloppy and eventually stopped making a connection. I contacted Charlie (on Facebook) and he responded immediately...I shipped it to him on Monday and had it back and fixed on Friday. Excellent turn around. It's been working flawlessly since then.

Good luck!
Thank you. I sure will as soon as we get back from vacation.

My VTC5s and LGs fit. I did order some Efest 3100 20a. I hope they fit.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Black Satin Cerakote and DNA 30 upgrade by OCD Mods
2s1ne40.jpg

r1foe8.jpg

2ailwnq.jpg
Dude knows what he's doing...still the only regulated tube mod I've wanted since getting into mechs..well, I'll always have a special place in my heart for the semovar..

But I need more power...:(

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I'm actually having issues with my Vapor Flask. I'm getting horrible battery life. At the same settings with the same atty, I get much better life with my WE2. Something is wrong. I pull the bats out when it says they're depleted on the VF and they meter out at 3.95. I haven't been able to get more than an hour at 15w.

Hmm. A bad board perhaps?

I just got mine this past Friday and typically only use drippers on mechs around the house so the Flask hasn't really seen all that much use yet. I'll be taking it in to work tomorrow and will report back.

sedge, here's what I look like after about 12 hours vaping. I definitely think you ought to contact Vapor Flask as Pocha already mentioned.

vfbatt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread