The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

High Voltage Atomizers

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by d4rk3, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Oh no! Oh well, I have 2 of them, but was hoping to stock up because they are so great!

2. d4rk3

d4rk3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    Well, just got a pair of 16340's. Vaping the 5.2 @ 7.4 volts is MUCH better than 5-6 volts. Very impressed.

3. d4rk3

Nov 29, 2009
    I change my statement, I prefer the regular Joye 510 atties @ 5-6 volts.

4. badkolo

badkolo ECF Guru ECF Veteran

im not liking the hv 510 atty, i get little vapor at 5volts.

im waiting to try it out on a 6v device which might do the trick but as of now the hv 510 atty doesnt give good vape for me on my 5v pt

5. IdolLurker

IdolLurker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Florida USA
    So what about having a little more VG in your ejuice to improve the vapor.

6. IdolLurker

IdolLurker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    Florida USA
    Does anyone recommend starting new HV atomizers out at lower voltage first to get them "broken in?"

7. badkolo

i have the 901 hv atty and it works fine, huge vape
    i have the 801 hv huge vape
    but this 510 from drew at 5 volts produces very very very little vape at all.
    and i shouldnt have to rig my juice for it to work when the same juices work perfectly with any other atty or the hv 901 or 801.

so now im waiting on hv 510 form another vendor to compare.

8. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

I've been using HV's since they came out and use nothing but now for about 5 months
    I strongly recomend dripping lots of fluid in them to get them primed properly. I actually
    fill them above the bridge and do a good soak and leave it sit in there for a half an hour
    or so the dump it take a few pokes then a few drips and a few more vapes. They must be primed properly. As far as the post on the 510 with no vaper that probably why, they aren't built for 5v reg atty's should handle 5v hv is speced out at the plant for either 6v and some speced out to 7.2

9. badkolo

thats what i figured, i just dont understand why the 901 and 801 hv works fine at 5 volt and even through my usb at a lower volt.

I do agree though and think at 6v this atty will do the trick, ill know soon enough.

10. Acesfool

Acesfool Full Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I'm interested in the 801 HV attys. I will be using them on a Prodigy V2. Which model should I get? The 4.5 (out of stock right now) or the other which says it is 5.2 OHMs? I seem to be burning up a new atty every 3 or 4 days.

I'm also interested in trying your juice. I've been consistantly using the menthol flavor from PS and I love it. But somethimg about their website won't let me post orders with my credit card anymore. After several days on the phone with my bank and the fact that I seem to be able to order from anywhere else on the internet, I'm just assuming there is no workaround for the problem. Note: I'm not bashing PS. I love their products and they're great to deal with. Anyway, do any of your juices compare to the PS menthol? That includes the regular or HV juices.

11. d4rk3

Nov 29, 2009
    No, absolutely won't work. If anything break them in at a higher voltage and THEN go back to 3.7 volts. Even then they pry won't produce much vapor, they are designed for 5-6 volts after all.

12. Nicotinologist

Nicotinologist Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Long Beach, California
    Acefool, I have both the 801 4.5 and the 5.2 purchased from Nhaler. The 4.5 ohms is the excellent choice for the V2. I won't rec the 5.2 ohms on the V2 unless you go to much higher voltage, say 9 volts. I was going to use 4 or 8 9 volt batteries in parallel for the 801 5.2 ohm ato but what is the point, I am happy with the V2/5.2 combination?
    Nico

13. Nicotinologist

Jan 14, 2010
    Long Beach, California
    Hey guys and gals, I think we are just going around and around with all kinds of atomizer voltage ratings. We should all work to have a standard atomizers, say rated at 4.5 ohms and one rated at 2.8 ohms and if somebody comes up with some wierd numbers, boycott his product! Somebody should come up with an e cigarette with multiple voltage settings such as 3.7v, 5v, 6v, 7v, 9v, 12v and maybe even 42v. I'll bet every one will be contented. Maybe even 700volts, I am pretty sure he'll shut up and not cry anymore, heh, heh, heh. ..., I just feel so good today...A vaper ought to have fun sometimes...

14. badkolo

to be honest , with how popular they are becoming i am truly surprised someone hasnt made a new top notch atty that takes the best of all of them and combines them into something new at a perfect volt and that last longer.

15. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    I have been through about 15 atomizers in the last month. All of them are 801's from PS. I am using them on a 6v Chuck and was wondering why my Last one is still kicking after almost 2 weeks.

Is this why?

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Paul

16. Nicotinologist

Jan 14, 2010
    Long Beach, California
    Looks like an HV atomizer for 7v+ operation. That ought to last a long time but with less vapor at 6v.

17. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    Oh ....., I jinxed it, it just went out, Da*n!

18. SurvivorMcGyver

SurvivorMcGyver Ol' Timer Verified Member ECF Veteran

You can bet "someone" is working on that":cool:

19. smokin_ws6

smokin_ws6 Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 13, 2009
    il
    I got my HV 4.5 ohm 510's and am running them at 6v and the vapor production and flavor is awesome. but, i burned 1 out in 4 days.... what gives?? i kept it plenty wet. i would think they would last a lot longer.....

20. duke118

duke118 Full Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2009
    Long Island, N.Y
    They don't last longer,all the ones I have ordered from all different suppliers have died out in a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.