The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

High Voltage Atomizers

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by d4rk3, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kewtsquirrel

Kewtsquirrel Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    DFW, TX
    If you like the standard atty at 3.7v, you'll most likely hate it at 6v - the vapor will taste burnt and be incredibly harsh. The high voltage atomizers will bring the wattage back down to an acceptable level. I would order one of each 6v and 7.4v (4.5 ohm and 5.2 ohm) atomizers and see which one you prefer on 2x 3v batteries. Vaping has a lot to do with personal preference but the custom atomziers add a lot choices for vapers these days, I'm really glad Drew decided to start carrying them :)

2. cesande

cesande Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    "order one of each 6v and 7.4v (4.5 ohm and 5.2 ohm) atomizers "

I see only the standard one and the HV Atty on the website?

Can you help with your above statement?

Sorry if I am being ignorant... just not understanding the above.

cesande

3. SurvivorMcGyver

SurvivorMcGyver Ol' Timer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ya might ask Drew -- But I would suspect the 555 primed 4.5 ohm atties will arrive VERY soon..... :nun:

4. Spiker

Spiker Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2009
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    OK, a few quick questions- so the 4.5's are 510, yes? And right now, it seems there are no 510 HV attys in stock at all. I just looked trying to get the 4.5's, but did not see any option for 4.5 or 5.2 ohm. Perhaps I am just jumping the gun, but I want to try them! Also, the pic shows black and white attys, is there really a choice in colors?

5. skywalk

skywalk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    Will normal 510 attys burn out faster at 6v? I'm getting some 4.2ohm attys and I'm afraid my 6v will not be enough, but will be too much for regular attys.

6. WonderfulMe

WonderfulMe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Northern California
    I think Drew said if you put a note of which color you want in the comments when you order he'll take care of it, but you might want to check with him on that and what colors are available. :)

7. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sorry Guys...I have been a way and I am still waiting for the new attys but should ahve them I will answer all questions once I have the attys in my hands...Thanks everyone for the interst in my products...
    Drew

8. cesande

cesande Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Interst ... He11..... ADDICTION!!!!!

Thanks back to you for supplying great products (HV juice addict) !

Can't wait to get my juice order .. and XHaler... and HV attys when they come.... and.... and....

I just KNOW you have some other goodies up your sleeve for us!!!

-ces

9. Kewtsquirrel

May 21, 2009
    DFW, TX
    4.2/4.5 ohm at 6v should be great, running a standard 510 (2.5 ohm) atomizer at 6v will more than likely cause a premature death to at least the atomizer, at most the switch will fry much sooner as well, and theres a greater chance of battery kaboom in the case of unprotected batteries, or overcurrent shutoff in the case of protected batteries.

When running standard atomizers, I run them at 5v, and if you don't keep the atomizer very wet you'll get a very burnt, very nasty hit damned quick.

Also sorry if I confused anyone earlier mentioning the 4.5 ohm atomizers - Drew announced them a few pages back but it got buried. Nhaler will be stocking 4.5 ohm 510s primed with 555 for 6 volt applications, and 5.2 ohm 510s primed with 555 for 7.2volt applications shortly. For those that feel the 5.2ohm isn't quite enough at 7.2volt, you /can/ use a 4.5 if you want.

10. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    Thanks Nerf! That was the info I was looking for!!!
    I have ordered a bunch of 4.2 (+/-0.3 ohms according to eastmall) attys which I plan to use on my xhaler at 5v, and chuck at 6v.
    I had a sneaky feeling my regular 510 (2.5ohm) attys would die pretty quick at 5/6v.
    my biggest worry was that most people said HV attys would work decently only at 7.4v.
    Since you say this is not the case, I am greatly relieved!
    thanks for the reply

11. Kewtsquirrel

May 21, 2009
    DFW, TX
    It's all personal taste, and all HV atomizers are not the same. The eastmall ones are actually designed for 6v, but their +/- .3 ohms tolerance is off from the results I've been given. I've gotten reports of the eastmall atomizers being off by as much as 1.2 ohms in either direction, so it's hard to gauge how well its going to run on a certain voltage without actually omhing out each atomizer.

4.x ohms at 5 volts will probably be a bit disappointing though, I really like 2.5-3 ohms at 5v, I can't imagine 4.x being decent at that level.

12. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    Wow thanks nerf. That's very good to know! Who sells attys that are more reliable for the 5-6v range?

13. cesande

cesande Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I just snagged my 510 adn 801 HV 4.5 attys...

Check the site..... and grab them while they last.

THANKS DREW.

14. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes that is correct...The new atomizers are in as well as some of the old ones...SO to explain I have HV 510 at 4.5 OhmAttys (which will make 6 volts seem like 5 V)
    and HV510 at 5.2 Ohm Attys (that will make 7V seem Like 5V ) in Stock for a limited offering...I also have 901 4.5 Ohm attys (which wiil make 6Volt seem like 5 Volts)
    Thanks
    Drew

15. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Awesome Drew! I ordered last night, probably right before you put those on the site! Oh well, I had to get those HV attys today!

16. skywalk

Dec 31, 2009
    Malaysia
    If I buy a voltmeter where do I connect the probes to test voltage? I think I know how to measure ohms on the atty already.

17. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You have to make a test setup like drew used in his video to actually test the voltage under load.

18. redgirl

redgirl Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    Brunswick, MD
    Just want to give a big thanks to Drew for carrying these HV attys. I don't have a 5V mod, but using 2 3.6 batts with the HV atty has renewed my hope and finally given me the throat hit I've been craving! Now to research all the 5V mods because that is definitely the best voltage, hands down!

19. zinger

zinger Full Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I am so noob to the ECF but I have purchased 3 510 Starter Kits (myself, hubby and best friend) and my mom just recently purchased herself a 510 starter kit as well. I'm on Drew's site ordering some more e-juice and looking at new cartridges...I can't help but wonder about some of these other pieces for sale. I've read as much as I can on the ECF and it's all over my head...with your ohms and volts and meters....

I don't know how many volts the batteries are that come in the 510 pack. I vape mostly HV juice and was wondering if there's any correlation to HV atomizers....

I'd like to have a couple attys on hand - would the HV be worthwhile?

20. Spiker

Spiker Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2009
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Not if you are using the standard batteries, in fact don't think they will work at all. But yes, having extra attys is a good idea, mostly for back up, but you can keep attys with a strong flavor (like Menthol or Mint) separate from more delicate flavors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.