Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthnadz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2009
Florida
Up In Vapor:

Your 801 issues are not isolated, many of us are experiencing them. The 801 tip / adapter on the Xhaler is indeed too short, and in order for it to make contact with the atty it needs to be screwed in all the way. This does completely restrict the airflow, and it is somewhat of a 'global issue' at this point.

Although there isn't a direct solution in sight just yet, the current thinking is that a 'reverse' 801 to 901 adapter to connect to your Xhaler's 901 tip may do the trick. This is a female 901 to a male 801 adapter, not the other way around - so they are not all that easy to find. Altsmoke allegedly has them, but I have not been able to confirm that what they have in stock is configured properly for what we need. When I hear back from Rob I will certainly let you all know.

Good luck,

...D

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Up In Vapor:

Your 801 issues are not isolated, many of us are experiencing them. The 801 tip / adapter on the Xhaler is indeed too short, and in order for it to make contact with the atty it needs to be screwed in all the way. This does completely restrict the airflow, and it is somewhat of a 'global issue' at this point.

Although there isn't a direct solution in sight just yet, the current thinking is that a 'reverse' 801 to 901 adapter to connect to your Xhaler's 901 tip may do the trick. This is a female 901 to a male 801 adapter, not the other way around - so they are not all that easy to find. Altsmoke allegedly has them, but I have not been able to confirm that what they have in stock is configured properly for what we need. When I hear back from Rob I will certainly let you all know.

Good luck,

...D
Thanks Synthnadz. I guess I'll just go back to enjoying the 510 atty for now and wait to see how this shakes out. I'm not eager to buy another adapter just to make the 801 work, but if that was my 1st choice atty I would be bummed. For the price of the Elite kit I certainly expected ALL specified atty connections to work correctly and I'm sure Drew will find a way to take care of this soon.

AngelBunny

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
McKinney, TX
Sparkly pink xHaler at 5v with the 901 tip and KR808 adapter ... vaping on a cartomizer filled with HV Cherry Coke (yeah ... I am sure that is a real shocker for everyone here that knows me).

I love this thing ... my lil chuck that I have barely even used is sitting in a drawer along with my other six or seven PVs and accessories. I may have to order a second Xhaler and sell off the rest.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I was having that problem with the 801 airflow too. I took a 1/8" round file and simply filed across the bottom of the atty to make two half round cut outs and I now can screw my 801 down and get great airflow.

hittman,

That sounds great, Ill give it a try if I can find the file ;)

Thanks

Promise

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Sin City
I was having that problem with the 801 airflow too. I took a 1/8" round file and simply filed across the bottom of the atty to make two half round cut outs and I now can screw my 801 down and get great airflow.

Thats a great idea, i'll be digging out my small round files when I get home tonight :D

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
My 801 is working fine and creating a good bit of vapor dripping. I'll have to load up a cartridge and vape it for a while.

Beckah,

I was finally getting some decent vapor, but only after loosening it to the point where it was wobbly and ready to pop off ;) Glad yours is working better :) But really, I'm loving the 510 and looking forward to checking out the 808 cartos too. I'll see what I can do with a file, LOL

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Sparkly pink xHaler at 5v with the 901 tip and KR808 adapter ... vaping on a cartomizer filled with HV Cherry Coke (yeah ... I am sure that is a real shocker for everyone here that knows me).

I love this thing ... my lil chuck that I have barely even used is sitting in a drawer along with my other six or seven PVs and accessories. I may have to order a second Xhaler and sell off the rest.

We want pics of the pink sparkly XH!!! I might have to give that Cherry Coke a try, been hearing lots of good things. My only other mod is my Silver Bullet and I'm NOT selling it! I really like having it along side and in rotation with my XH. I am using the XH way more though because the 5 volt setting is sooo perfect :)_

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Up in Vapor, You might want to start out making one cut out, try it, and then make the second one if needed. I just ran the file straight across the bottom making two cut outs at once but some people like a stiffer draw so you might want to make one first and then see how you like it.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 27, 2009
    Ohio
    I didn't have any trouble with the atomizer Drew sent or one of the TW 801 attys I already had. The threads seem fine on mine. Wonder what the difference is and why some won't screw onto the threads. The draw is a little tight but I like that and it's putting out good vapor.

I'd forgotten how good the juice tastes on an 801, it really brings out the flavor.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread