Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Do any of you 5-volters have another 5-volt unit from a different manufacturer?

Have you compared the the XHaler at 5 volts to your other 5-volt PV? Same atomizer, cartridge, and juice? Not just the same model, but physically moving the atty from one PV to the other?

If so, what's your verdict? Is the vaping experience, flavor, and throat hit identical?

NickJuice

Moved On
Aug 22, 2009
Do any of you 5-volters have another 5-volt unit from a different manufacturer?

Have you compared the the XHaler at 5 volts to your other 5-volt PV? Same atomizer, cartridge, and juice? Not just the same model, but physically moving the atty from one PV to the other?

If so, what's your verdict? Is the vaping experience, flavor, and throat hit identical?

Or do any of you have a Multimeter and know how to set it to voltage

This morning my friend came over with his prodigy set up for 5 volts and we have put my atty on his prodigy with HV 555.
On the Xhaler the 555 is very harsh and no flavor on the prodigy the vapor has more flavor and the vapor is not harsh like the Xhaler i got a sore throat from the Xhaler so i switched to the 3.7 with 901 atty and cartmoizer for now i'm sticking to this combo.

Last edited:

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Or do any of you have a Multimeter and know how to set it to voltage
It's not that simple from what I understand. You have to test under load.

This morning my friend came over with his prodigy set up for 5 volts and we have put my atty on his prodigy with HV 555.
On the Xhaler the 555 is very harsh and no flavor on the prodigy the vapor has more flavor and the vapor is not harsh like the Xhaler
That's the same thing I found when comparing my 5v Prodigy to the XHaler set up for 5 volts. Which leads me to believe that the XHaler is not at 5 volts.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Nice, Susan ;) I'm also loving the 510 at 5-6. I wasn't able to get much of anything at all from the 801 or 901. Draw was way too tight on the 801, felt like I was getting nothing. Kinda disappointed as I thought the 801 was gonna be great. Oh well, the 510 is more than making up for that at HV :)

Someone mentioned in another post to just loosen the 801 atty slightly (maybe tighten and loosen a couple times to get the threads broken in first) and the draw should be much easier.

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
Nice, Susan ;) I'm also loving the 510 at 5-6. I wasn't able to get much of anything at all from the 801 or 901. Draw was way too tight on the 801, felt like I was getting nothing. Kinda disappointed as I thought the 801 was gonna be great. Oh well, the 510 is more than making up for that at HV :)

What lotus said about unscrewing slightly worked for me. I am loving the 801 @ 5-6v, but at 3.7 there is almost no vapor :confused: .

WonderfulMe

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Northern California
Well damn, that takes all the fun out of it! :p

Maybe Drew can help you out. :confused:

Personally, I don't know why anyone would want a PV that size for 3.7v vaping, but maybe that's just me.

I love the 5 volt, but at night and while commuting I like to chain vape, and I just can't do it at 5v. I also like not having to carry 4 batteries with me, a pcc, and not getting juice all over everything from a leaky 510. :D

yeah, I'm puzzled by the 801 since I seem to be the only one having this problem. I figure I'll let things settle down a bit before I bother Drew. I am still able to vape on other attys at 3.7, and I figure he's still dealing with a lot of stuff after the xhaler rush. :)

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I was getting NOTHING from the 801 atty at all. Dripped directly in there since I don't have any 801 carts and was expecting something good but nothing...I thought it was the tiny hole on the whistle tip and so I also tried tailpiping.
I have since found on here somewhere that the 801 atty has to be loosened slightly from the brass cap in order to allow some airflow. I am finally getting some vapor, but it PALES in comparison to what I'm getting at same voltage with a 510 atty. After loosening up the atty, it gets a little wobbly on the brass mount. I was trying to open it a little more to make it draw easier and it came off. There's not much room to play with on that thread. It is tight after only 1/4 turn. I would think this 801 adapter should be a bit longer and possibly have notching or holes to allow air in through the bottom. If anyone has anything helpful regarding 801's please let me know. I have never used 801's or 901's so maybe I'm missing something obvious here. I just expected the "built for HV" 801 atty to be impressive and so far I'm unimpressed :(

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
With the 801 atty Drew included, at 5V, I'm getting ridiculous vapor! I'm dripping since I don't have any carts. This is the first time I've tried dripping and I kinda like it. :cool:

Well, this sounds encouraging. I must be doing something wrong or this atty is just taking a long time to break in. The vapor is better with the atty loosened from the base but still not as good as with the 510. Are you using a new atty or one that's broken in already? Also, is yours a bit wobbly after you've loosened it from the tip? Mine only turns about 1/4 turn or so before it pops off, so there's not much room to play with.

Last edited:

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Well, this sounds encouraging. I must be doing something wrong or this atty is just taking a long time to break in. The vapor is better with the atty loosened from the base but still not as good as with the 510. Are you using a new atty or one that's broken in already? Also, is yours a bit wobbly after you've loosened it from the tip? Mine only turns about 1/4 turn or so before it pops off, so there's not much room to play with.

How many drops are you putting in it? I've never owned a 801 but i've read that the atty will hold alot of juice.. You try about 4 drops?

Though, could just be a manufacture prob with that 801 tip. I'd take close up pics of it and mesaure it and ask drew if thats the way it should be.. or just contact him and maybe send the tip in for him to take a look.

Other then that make sure that the 801 tip and atty connection are clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread