The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

High Voltage Atomizers

Discussion in 'Nhaler' started by d4rk3, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eclypse

eclypse Moved On

Sep 9, 2009
    Macomb MI
    Wicked! Then i'll know i'll love them hehe. Come on Friday!!! 8-o

2. dgriego

dgriego Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    so do I need the bigger batteries to really get these things fired up. I have smoked both of them rotating back and forth and I must say I feel no love toward them. I am sitting here now happy with my old 510.
    I might just throw these into my spares box.

3. eclypse

eclypse Moved On

Sep 9, 2009
    Macomb MI
    What were you using the HV 510 atty with and what voltage?

4. SurvivorMcGyver

SurvivorMcGyver Ol' Timer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Interesting responses. I actually fell in in love with mine. It must be the juice your guys are burning (or something :confused: -- pehaps technique?)

Mine produces SIGNIFICANTLY more flavor yet about the same, if not a little more, vapor output than the OEM 510.

A regular 510 at with the same baterry charge is like YUCK 8-o -- especially with 2 3.7's. It is, again, AWSOME tho with the HV Atties.

I am actually vaping less 2 - 2.5 ml /day of 20 mg custom mix vs a full 3-3.5. Seems it atomizes the nic to a better absorbtion consistancy??? -- who knows

Just my experience according none other than -- I guess -- me?

BTW -- I have been using the ADM spring with original filler (cut to fit) mod -- no leaks, no runs, no errors - whether on the desk, in my pocket, custom holster or laying on the car seat -- I trust fully I won't have to wipe up after "it" :rolleyes:

It also vapes wonderfully at HV till EMPTY -- every time...... tried all the others but just WAY to much fuss to get it right (not to say they don't "work" .........)

Good luck and Happy Vaping

McGyver

5. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    xhaler with the two 3v batts and tight cap

was vaping 24m nhlaer grape ape to start out
    but I also tried it with some of the nhaler high voltage juice and got the same effect, the 801 seems to be working ok with the HV juice but the 510 is just not putting out much vapor and seems to get hot real quick.

Is it possible I just got a bad one

6. eclypse

eclypse Moved On

Sep 9, 2009
    Macomb MI
    Only way to know is to test the atty with a multimeter.

7. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    alas I do not have a multimeter and would have no idea how to test one if I did have a multimeter.

8. grouch

grouch Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    what kind of life are you all getting out of these HV atty's?

9. Cherice

Cherice Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    Palm Harbor, FL
    I started out with two 3v, tight cap for 5v. Then tried at 6v. Couldn't get anything out of them until I went to 7.4v. Even then, more flavor but very little vapor. The guy I work with that also has an Xhaler experienced the same thing. The one thing I noticed is even though I'm not getting much vapor, the atty gets hot pretty quick at 7.4. It does cool down quicker than the regular 510 or 901 though. For now these have been made spares and I am back to my 901 attys at 5v. Someone asked about juice.... I was using my usual HV Kent.

10. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I just ordered one because I HATE 6v on my 510. Someone told me I wouldn't regret the purchase and that I'd love it, guess we'll see, mixed reviews scare me!

11. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I am with Cherice on these. They are going into my spares drawer. I cannot test them on 7.4 as I do not have those batteries.
    I do think the flavor is enhanced a bit but for me that comes with little vapor so I prefer my old attys.

12. Debbie

Debbie Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Would one of these attys be needed if I'm running with 2 3 volt batteries?

Debbie

13. dgriego

Dec 8, 2009
    New Mexico
    I am running two 3v batts and I prefer the regular attys. So you do not "need" the high voltage ones. I think it is just a matter of preference. Some people are loving their HV attys and some like me are not.

14. Kricos

Kricos Full Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Louisiana
    I'm running 2 3v batts lid tight and I prefer my regular attys as well. I checked my HV atty , its 5 ohms compared to my 2 regular ones, 2 and 3.1 ohms. Maybe if I was running 2 3.7v batts, I might have to try it.

15. d4rk3

d4rk3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2009
    Interesting replies. Mine should be here tomorrow. Even if I don't like it as much as the old ones it'll have to do for now. I've fried 2 510 atties and 1 801 atty in the past 3 days! Meh!

16. Debbie

Debbie Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 13, 2009
    South Jersey
    Thanks guys!

Debbie

17. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    So it seams that the HV atty's are really only suited for HV mods that are OVER 6 volts.

If they drop approx. 2v, as per the Nhaler site, then anything under 6 volts would bring it under 4v.

Does that sound about right?

18. Drewsworld

Drewsworld Resting In Peace

Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    Its pretty accurate although when your abtts are fully charged they start off at 3.7 volts which make it a total of 7.4 which makes it 5.4 volts...But I personally prefer the regular attys at 5 or 6 volts...Probably because thats what I am accustomed to...However I can use the HV510 with a full cart of liquid and it seems to burn much cooler for about 15 draws without refilling...I tried one of these out while watching a movie and it was nice to just take a cool hit every 10 or 15 minutes without having to refill...They are really designed for the 2 3.7 batts though...
    Drew

19. panderson01

panderson01 Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Woodburn, Oregon, USA
    [QUOTEg...I tried one of these out while watching a movie and it was nice to just take a cool hit every 10 or 15 minutes without having to refill...[/QUOTE]

Man I wish I could keep this darn PV out of my mouth for that long, other than while I'm sleeping!

20. grouch

grouch Full Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2009
    i am interested in these HV atty's. have run 2 3.7's in my SB and can see the potential but worried about life of std atty. what kind of life are you all getting out of these HV atty's? any help/info appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.