Status
Not open for further replies.

mykereid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
Alexandria, VA
Motabrownie:

I tried a little in my KFL+ , rayon wick, and I was getting periodic dry hits like I do when I use a thin juice. I took the juice from my Kayfun and now using it in a nautilus. Are you using cotton?

Do you happen to have a Kayfun? The pudding didnt really come out until I put it in my KFL+. In a PT2 its pretty much just banana.

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Motabrownie:

I tried a little in my KFL+ , rayon wick, and I was getting periodic dry hits like I do when I use a thin juice. I took the juice from my Kayfun and now using it in a Nautilus. Are you using cotton?
I actually just got some rayon and been getting burnt hits as well. It doesn't expand like cotton does so I gotta mess around with it tomorrow.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
how do you tell if you get a burnt hit off cotton? may sound weird but the reason I ask: sometimes I get a "weird" taste from my Wakonda right now, but usually the following hit is fine. Sometimes I do primer puffs which actually doesn't seem to help or hurt, this just happens sometimes. using PT2 1.3ohm microcoil

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
how do you tell if you get a burnt hit off cotton? may sound weird but the reason I ask: sometimes I get a "weird" taste from my Wakonda right now, but usually the following hit is fine. Sometimes I do primer puffs which actually doesn't seem to help or hurt, this just happens sometimes. using PT2 1.3ohm microcoil

Dry hit from cotton: OMG, MY LUNGS OH GOD MY SINUSES!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PAIN!!!!!!

I say replace your wick. It probably has trapped air as when the coil starts to be too old it stops wicking very well and builds towards a dry hit. Flick the tank and I bet you see air bubbles...

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
aside from it slipping to dry hits, is there another indication a coil is going bad? mine still glows GREAT with dry burns etc...i love it and i'm scurred of my next coil though I think it's fairly easy at this point x.x
A coil can last a long time but the wick will have to be changed whenever flavor starts dropping off.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
I just replaced a head because the coil was stupidly done by me and after three weeks my OCD couldn't take it anymore. :laugh:

Wicks I may replace 2-5 times a day depending on the thickness of the juice and how long I'm vaping. It is normal for me to re-wick every 2 tanks of juice at the most...sometimes less, again depending on the juice. :)

remmy00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Southern California
Wicks I may replace 2-5 times a day depending on the thickness of the juice and how long I'm vaping. It is normal for me to re-wick every 2 tanks of juice at the most...sometimes less, again depending on the juice. :)

so 2-5 times a day... every 2 tanks.... thats 4-10 tanks of juice a day? man your stash of GCD doesnt stand a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread