Hit it or Quit it - Coolcumber Mint (SR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopher_byrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2013
Peoples Republic of California
Steep time: 1 day

Nic Level: 12mg

tank/Atomizer: Trident V2 0.9 dual 28g

mod: (mechanical, VV) Copper Stingray

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: I wasn't sure how I would like this as I don't really care for cucumbers, but I was willing to give Clark and Katy the benefit of the doubt. Let me say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm getting the mint on the inhale, but it was not overwhelming. The cucumber comes out on the exhale. It matches up well with the Toasted Toad Viognier that I'm drinking. I think it is better with a mouth to lung hit. It's not an ADV and I don't think it was intended to be, but it is surprisingly enjoyable for a warm summer evening!

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
You know you could come drip mine to decide...I'll even let you try the castle....

I love your castle, both the home and the dripper! Such a nice offer. How could a sane person resist? Great people, eccentric kittehs and vapes for days! Would now be OK? Went to bed with a migraine (my one for this decade probably) and now I am awake with a headache. LOL. We shall speak of this further!

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
Steep time: Right out of the vapemail

Nic Level:18mg

tank/Atomizer: Omega rda with a 1.7 single coil and Shiseido cotton (airflow trim)

Mod: (mechanical, VV) MVP 2.0

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:
I'm not sure what I was expecting, probably more cucumber than mint. I am not a menthol personby and large, but that being said, the mint used in this is fairly pleasant and nicely sweet. Not a lung hitters dream vape, but mouth hits and slow exhales teased out the flavors nicely. I think a different coil setup and rda will be more productive but the Omega was clean and coiled @ vapemailtime.

Glad I got some of this! I'll enjoy it over the summer on hot muggy evenings with an iced glass of tea. I give it a 7 of 10

Merryhellion

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2013
Burlington, WI, USA
One of the things we noticed about the mint (and one of the considerations we took in the balancing of it) is that the mint tends to mute somewhat over time... totally agree, the first few hits are super minty, but after a prolonged session, it tends to settle down. That's our experience anyway.

I get the cucumber much more on the exhale as compared to the inhale, in part because the mint kinda smacks ya around a lil bit. It's a brisk peppermint.

Good to hear this! The mint in this is like a 6 week old puppy...happy and bouncy and floppy and full of PLAY! The Coolcumber is sitting back waiting for me to be patient, I guess, just chillin and biding its time =) This one will go into steepage and get some more love in a week or two.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time: Right out of the vapemail

Nic Level:18mg

Tank/Atomizer: Omega rda with a 1.7 single coil and Shiseido cotton (airflow trim)

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:
I'm not sure what I was expecting, probably more cucumber than mint. I am not a menthol personby and large, but that being said, the mint used in this is fairly pleasant and nicely sweet. Not a lung hitters dream vape, but mouth hits and slow exhales teased out the flavors nicely. I think a different coil setup and rda will be more productive but the Omega was clean and coiled @ vapemailtime.

Glad I got some of this! I'll enjoy it over the summer on hot muggy evenings with an iced glass of tea. I give it a 7 of 10

The mint is forward for me - Katy gets the reverse (more cucumber than mint). Either way, we both enjoy it quite a bit - I am totally with you on the iced *SUN* tea!~

REDFISHIN

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Rockport, Texas
Steep time: As long as it took me to get it out of the purple package

Nic Level:12mg

Tank/Atomizer: Aspire Nova DBC

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:
This is fantastic. The mint is not overpowering, but very refreshing, and I can taste the coolcumber in mix which seems to bring a freshness mix to the flavor. Everything seems to blend well. This is definitely a keeper, may have to amend my top 10 list. Can't wait to try this out in a kayfun, the aspire was all I had empty and I dang sure wasn't going to pour out the F5/Refresh in my kayfun.
Clark I think you have another winner on your hands
:thumb:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time: As long as it took me to get it out of the purple package

Nic Level:12mg

Tank/Atomizer: Aspire Nova DBC

Thoughts/Tasting Notes:
This is fantastic. The mint is not overpowering, but very refreshing, and I can taste the coolcumber in mix which seems to bring a freshness mix to the flavor. Everything seems to blend well. This is definitely a keeper, may have to amend my top 10 list. Can't wait to try this out in a kayfun, the aspire was all I had empty and I dang sure wasn't going to pour out the F5/Refresh in my kayfun.
Clark I think you have another winner on your hands
:thumb:

Hmm very minty.. not much cucumber as of yet. The mint is not overpowering though and quite enjoyable. oh wait.. getting a bit of cucumber there.. although very light.

I love to compare and contrast stuff like this... always amazes me.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
The truth is, I ordered this expecting it to just be ok. I have to admit that out of the short runs, this is my FAVORITE! What a huge surprise. I love the mint, which is done to perfection, and the cucumber is crazy awesome. Clark and Katy have made a believer out of me that cucumbers are not just for salads. Nicoticket, you continue to WOW me!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
The truth is, I ordered this expecting it to just be ok. I have to admit that out of the short runs, this is my FAVORITE! What a huge surprise. I love the mint, which is done to perfection, and the cucumber is crazy awesome. Clark and Katy have made a believer out of me that cucumbers are not just for salads. Nicoticket, you continue to WOW me!

I saw your review on the website chili!~ I am so glad it 'hit' for you! Katy is digging it also - she actually evicted PBC out of her dripper. LOL

AStilettoHeel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2014
San Diego, California, United States
Steep time: 5 days

Nic Level: 6

Tank/Atomizer: iGo W dual coil build @ .8 ohms

Mod: (mechanical, VV) Fuego mod

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: This is beautifully done. The mint is well balanced with the koolada. The cucumber for me peeks out but doesn't really stand on its own yet. If you were to have a mint in your line-up going forward, this would be it for me. I've tried one other cucumber mint prior to this, it was so poorly done, I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone. I've never loved a mint vape before but this one has my heart. Wow. Just, wow.
I wish I'd had this one while I was in Arkansas where it was hot and humid, this would've been a perfect vape with a glass of iced tea and the view of the horses out in the fields.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Steep time: 5 days

Nic Level: 6

Tank/Atomizer: iGo W dual coil build @ .8 ohms

Mod: (mechanical, VV) Fuego mod

Thoughts/Tasting Notes: This is beautifully done. The mint is well balanced with the koolada. The cucumber for me peeks out but doesn't really stand on its own yet. If you were to have a mint in your line-up going forward, this would be it for me. I've tried one other cucumber mint prior to this, it was so poorly done, I wouldn't have recommended it to anyone. I've never loved a mint vape before but this one has my heart. Wow. Just, wow.
I wish I'd had this one while I was in Arkansas where it was hot and humid, this would've been a perfect vape with a glass of iced tea and the view of the horses out in the fields.

<3 I am so glad you fell for the Coooooolcumber Mint! It's delicious!~

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
And I know your here Clark! Do you think CM will still be around when Frenilla hits again? Easier to place one order, but from my order history, it's also easy to see that I don't mind placing more than one order a week! Seems to be the norm for us Nicoticket fans!!!!! You really do spoil us and we love it!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
  • Deleted by Kent Brooks

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
  • Deleted by Kent Brooks

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I'm getting ready to order more Cucumber Mint but I am thinking of jumping up to nic level 18. When I'm at work and can't chain vape, I feel I need more nic. If I move up to 18, will I lose flavor to get the extra nic?

You shouldn't lose any flavor at all, they are all balanced exactly the same - there will be more throat hit and a bit of 'peppery' taste (some people consider that peppery taste a bonus). It's the taste of nicotine, no avoiding it. We buy the purest nic we can get our hands on...

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
And I know your here Clark! Do you think CM will still be around when Frenilla hits again? Easier to place one order, but from my order history, it's also easy to see that I don't mind placing more than one order a week! Seems to be the norm for us Nicoticket fans!!!!! You really do spoil us and we love it!

It's hard to say because we still don't have Frenilla mixed - but I am projecting at least a month for Frenilla - so, hard to say for sure. Thus-far CM is very well received by most so I expect re-orders and the second wave of "oh-hell, why nots." We think it'll surprise people - I know I wasn't fond of the pairing until Katy conjured it - this is all her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread