RDA Hobo Rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgarmoc

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
United States
I bought one off of the modder about a month ago, so far I am liking it. To answer some of your questions; I couldn't tell you why the 510 is angled from the base, my guess is esthetics. One side of the copper ring has an indentation so it does sit completely flush. I'll post a picture of the cap, the atty comes with two different walls/wells/whatever, one with two small slits for air flow, and one with two small and two large slits (i think for quad coils).

QUOTE=jaxgator;13921205]Not much information about it anywhere other than calivapers. As far as I can tell, it's still in beta stage.

I'm not really understanding this rda at all. Why does the 510 have that angled part?

4E858D9A-2C26-49EC-BC14-2DF35DBE8F3B_zpsgkrfrb3z.jpg

Looking at the previous image, it doesn't appear that that copper ring would sit flush with the bottom of the rda but apparently, it actually does.

photo4_zpsed6eb91a.jpg

I can't seem to find an image of it anywhere with a top cap either.

BCDD1A6C-5C84-4D5E-9082-FF1DD99805BD_zpskjmu6npu.jpg

Not sure if this

HOBOCNC

Feb 26, 2014
LOS ANGELES
I believe the V2 doesn't have the multi piece deck and copper "plate" that holds on the drip-well walls... i think the "plate" and the deck are one in the V2 and the drip-well wall slides down and is friction/o-ring fit like most drippers. (Hoberto, correct me if wrong please!)

the v2 juice well comes in from the top and actually screws on, never really liked drippers with a oring slip fit juice well always seem to move and leak, the threaded v2 does not leak, but neither did the v1. the angle on the bottom of the v1 matching the angle on the cup, so it creates a seal as well as the oring so i never had any issues with the v1. only reason i changed the design was to make it easier to users, now the v2 screws from the top, and the threads are "timed", so when you screw your juice well on, the airflow will always be in the same spot, and it is wide enough for you to do center post builds or builds closer to the side and still be able to fully adjust your main airflow. and the v2 is almost 1/8 shorter so aesthically imo looks good. i will post a some pics.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
the v2 juice well comes in from the top and actually screws on, never really liked drippers with a oring slip fit juice well always seem to move and leak, the threaded v2 does not leak, but neither did the v1. the angle on the bottom of the v1 matching the angle on the cup, so it creates a seal as well as the oring so i never had any issues with the v1. only reason i changed the design was to make it easier to users, now the v2 screws from the top, and the threads are "timed", so when you screw your juice well on, the airflow will always be in the same spot, and it is wide enough for you to do center post builds or builds closer to the side and still be able to fully adjust your main airflow. and the v2 is almost 1/8 shorter so aesthically imo looks good. i will post a some pics.

Oh that's even better! I love screw on RDA's... my Magma is a favorite with no O-rings. Can't wait to pick a V2 up! How are the post-ECC sales going to occur? Will you set up a site, direct email? Will there be a list we can sign up on to ensure we get one? (sorry, still super stoked for this lol)

In for more pics of the V2!

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
does anyone have the link to buy one of these online?

Can't until ECC (believe me i'm waiting to lol). Hoberto (the Modder, who i believe is Hobocnc on here) was selling to users and friends on CaliVapers (Speaking of... when's the site going back up!?) and they all went. The V2, as far as i remember him saying, was being stocked up for inventory to release during ECC and after to the public not at the show. How you go about buying one after... he's mentioned he'd let the forums know. I'm just hoping there is some pre-order list we can get on!

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
I'm currently beta testing the V2 and will be writing a full review of this atty soon. My current coil setup is a 6 wrap 26g vertical coil on Koh Gen Doh japanese organic cotton. It continues to be the best dripper I have ever used. Keep you guys posted!

Oh you lucky ........... i hate you!

Kidding... kidding! Please put up a video review or just plain old video tour of the parts... you'd be the 1st!

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
I'm currently beta testing the V2 and will be writing a full review of this atty soon. My current coil setup is a 6 wrap 26g vertical coil on Koh Gen Doh japanese organic cotton. It continues to be the best dripper I have ever used. Keep you guys posted!

what are your ohms at? I know it depends on the mandrel but are you around 0.25 to 0.4? Just wondering how the draw is on a nice sub ohm build and if the air flow is really good.

I usually run 24g and 26g and sub-ohm around 0.2 to 0.5. My Stillare (clone), Mephisto (clone), 454 and plume veils are the only ones that I like below 0.5 ohms because they have such an open draw.

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
HOBO V2 Review:

-Differences between V1 and V2.
1. V2 is slightly smaller in height compared to the V1 which reduced the inner chamber more.
2. Gone is the separate copper base from the V1. V2 now includes a screwed on juice well and combined deck and base.
3. V2 has a CNC engraved Hobo Logo

Build: 5/5
- @socalvape used SS 316 and CU101 copper as metals for this atomizer. You also have the ability to use an SS or CU center post as needed.
Looks: 4/5
- Initially, I didn't like the looks and preferred the simple look of the Origen. However, it eventually grows on you as you use it. Plus you have the ability to change the look of the atty by changing the top hat to either black or white delrin, brass or copper
Features: 5/5
- 4 piece RDA (top hat, top cap, juice well and deck)
- Extreme Reduced Chamber for maximum flavor
- Single, Dual, Tri and Quad coil capable
Performance: 5/5
- Copper center post and pin helps w/ immediate firing of the atomizer and improves conductivity. Vape is on the warmer side (which I personally like) and I rarely experienced any leaking.
Price: 5/5
- Competitively priced ($8o @ ECC 2014)

Summary: A very well priced rebuildable dripper. Provides the best flavor of all the drippers I've tried (Origen V1/V2, TOBH, Patriot, Plumeviel, Quasar) and immense clouds regardless of your build. AFC is highly adjustable as it has 5 individual air holes (2 on top hat and 3 on the actual top cap) and can be built with single, dual, tri or quad coil. Juice well is significantly deeper than 99% of drippers out there which reduces the amount of dripping needed. The 4 piece design of the Hobo is also unique and the quality of metals, which is SS 316 grade is great as well. The ability to customize the top hat is awesome to have to help customize your mech mod/atty setup. Just to show you how great this atty is, I have sold my Origen V2 (my then favorite dripper).

1607z0k.jpg

2hfjhw0.jpg

nmiw76.jpg

28v9g7p.jpg

Malefilipinonurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
Norwalk, Ca
what are your ohms at? I know it depends on the mandrel but are you around 0.25 to 0.4? Just wondering how the draw is on a nice sub ohm build and if the air flow is really good.

I usually run 24g and 26g and sub-ohm around 0.2 to 0.5. My Stillare (clone), Mephisto (clone), 454 and plume veils are the only ones that I like below 0.5 ohms because they have such an open draw.

I'm currently running a 6 wrap micro of 26g vertically.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Right there with ya bud. Right there with ya. I wish I knew of some way to get it through the modder. Maybe a PM will work.

Tried that on CaliVapers for the V1... Difficult to snag with the demand. I know Hoberto said that he's doing a list over there for the V2 after the convention. I'm down like a sorority chick after a six pack of Natty Ice lol!

0dBu

Jul 18, 2014
Fort Worth, TX
HOBO V2 Review:

-Differences between V1 and V2.
1. V2 is slightly smaller in height compared to the V1 which reduced the inner chamber more.
2. Gone is the separate copper base from the V1. V2 now includes a screwed on juice well and combined deck and base.
3. V2 has a CNC engraved Hobo Logo

Build: 5/5
- @socalvape used SS 316 and CU101 copper as metals for this atomizer. You also have the ability to use an SS or CU center post as needed.
Looks: 4/5
- Initially, I didn't like the looks and preferred the simple look of the Origen. However, it eventually grows on you as you use it. Plus you have the ability to change the look of the atty by changing the top hat to either black or white delrin, brass or copper
Features: 5/5
- 4 piece RDA (top hat, top cap, juice well and deck)
- Extreme Reduced Chamber for maximum flavor
- Single, Dual, Tri and Quad coil capable
Performance: 5/5
- Copper center post and pin helps w/ immediate firing of the atomizer and improves conductivity. Vape is on the warmer side (which I personally like) and I rarely experienced any leaking.
Price: 5/5
- Competitively priced ($8o @ ECC 2014)

Summary: A very well priced rebuildable dripper. Provides the best flavor of all the drippers I've tried (Origen V1/V2, TOBH, Patriot, Plumeviel, Quasar) and immense clouds regardless of your build. AFC is highly adjustable as it has 5 individual air holes (2 on top hat and 3 on the actual top cap) and can be built with single, dual, tri or quad coil. Juice well is significantly deeper than 99% of drippers out there which reduces the amount of dripping needed. The 4 piece design of the Hobo is also unique and the quality of metals, which is SS 316 grade is great as well. The ability to customize the top hat is awesome to have to help customize your mech mod/atty setup. Just to show you how great this atty is, I have sold my Origen V2 (my then favorite dripper).

1607z0k.jpg

2hfjhw0.jpg

nmiw76.jpg

28v9g7p.jpg
Is retail gonna be $80, or is that a special ECC price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread