The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Hobo Rda

Discussion in 'RDA' started by FatherTime, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I just cant even see how he changed it yet kept that same hobo style he had before. I honestly hope he does a pre order for these. As much as i despise pre orders i think they come in handy with a highly anticipated item, they give you more time to get the money together and they almost guarantee you that you'll get one. They also come with the pre order problems but i feel certain items benefit from them more then others. I would just hate to see these drop on my broke off pay week lol. Just my opinion though.

2. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well, if you see the newest version available anywhere or if you see a pre-sale go up, please PM me or post it up in this thread and I'll do the same. You just know we'll both just need (have to have) one. :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I do need one, i already have 3 hobos still im surprised i kept them all with how i am lol. But ill definitely post it on here and ill PM you also if and when i find out anything.

4. zer0zer01n

zer0zer01n Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 7, 2015
    SoCal, CA
    Sadly I have the clone. Anyone willing to sell an extra insulator? Mines getting pretty melty.

The only way I can see him improve it is to redo the juice well. Maybe instead of having it screw on it can snap on and be held in place with o rings. I too have issues removing it at times as it'll stick to the deck and I can only remove the whole atty. I'll leave it be and come back later.. Someone said the harder you try the more resilient it is and I can attest to that.

Have both the Hobo and the Derringer and I enjoy both. I like how I don't have to redrip as often with the Hobo cuz of the well. Also have the Marquis and it's a disappointment. Too restricted of an air flow..and it leaks if it's not upright.

Sent from my using my

• Like Like x 2
  5. XBarbarian

XBarbarian Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2014
    Largo, FL
    havent been on ECF in months! grabbed a hobo on my brother jaxgator's rec, back in Jan '15
    it's been my go to rda since. from the pics I see in this thread, mine is a v2
    I love the simplicity of building on it, currently running dual twisted 26g, 5 wraps, 2.4 m ID
    I REALLY love the deep wells. I can put almost a whole dropper in it at a time. that makes it the best RDA ive had yet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. UnitedTeacherofMusic

UnitedTeacherofMusic Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Burnsville, MN
    Anybody know where you can get new post screws for the v2?

7. zer0zer01n

Jan 7, 2015
    SoCal, CA
  8. UnitedTeacherofMusic

UnitedTeacherofMusic Full Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Burnsville, MN
    Yep Hobo V2, I used up the extra's that came with it and now i'm trying to find more.

9. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hey Don! Good to see you posting again.

I have used a bunch of RDAs (Plume Veil, Derringer, Raptor, Marquis, Magma, Doge, Mutation X and some others I can't think of atm) and I always went back to the Hobo.

Super easy build deck with the T posi post and wide open once the juice well is removed. Holds a ton of juice for long vaping sessions between re-dripping. Great build quality and I love the looks. I get superb flavor and plenty of vapor.

To top it all off, the CS is some of the best in the business. When I received my Hobo, the top cap had a scratch on it right next to the Hobo logo. I emaled Hoberto (mod designer) and let him know my issue. Not only did he send me a new top cap but also included extra grub screws, a drip tip and a screwdriver styled hex driver.

[​IMG]

10. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I just hope he takes everyones comments and concerns into question and works off of that. Like change the insulator and i like the idea of instead of screwing it on have it snap on maybe or something different, it is a pain sometimes to unscrew. I think im gonna sell off some of my hobos since i have so many, with all the other attys i have the other hobos arent seeing any attention. Especially with all these sub ohm tanks coming out, i find myself cheating on them for the ease of the tanks. With the vape summit coming up there are SO many new rda's coming out and i want them all lol it really is an addictive thing. But if hoberto makes this V3 a better version of the first 2 runs i will definitely be buying one as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Ok guys heres the first look of the hobo v3 from Hobertos instagram page. Looks sick! [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

Looks Good!
    Will this be available as bottom fed?

13. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Im honestly not sure, i assume since he showed that pic and said he was squonking he may make that as an option. Unless he just made that for himself. Hopefully it'll be an option.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Looks like he removed the air holes in the top ring and widened the coil/side air holes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I believe your right, i didnt even notice that at all. He said he also shortened the height of the whole thing as well. I cant wait to see the inside of this thing, im so excited for the release. I hope its soon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. zer0zer01n

Jan 7, 2015
    SoCal, CA
    I never really used the top air flow. I always closed mine off and ran it wide open from the sides. I always felt it was too airy and lost flavor if I used all the air holes. How'd you run yours?

Sent from my using my

17. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I only opened mine a tiny bit, i noticed with mine the more they were open the more spit back i got, but that was only certain builds.

18. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    I'm very interested in this new iteration and can't wait to see the guts myself.

I'm a very heavy hitter and currently run mine completely open. I also run it right around .24Ω so the added air flow keeps it from being too hot. Sure, I may lose some flavor but it is still quite tasty. I love my Hobo!

19. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Its happening! May 15th to stores, oh i cant wait. Lot of stuff dropping this month but this is definitely one im looking forward too.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. zer0zer01n

Jan 7, 2015
    SoCal, CA
    No leaked pictures yet for China to clone, however it would be awesome to see it without exposing the internals. I know he posted up another sneak pic in which it looked more sleek and streamlined, but a profile pic would be nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.