Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Northern Tools.
$12

Redacted
I looked everywhere for the size needed for the hobo i could never find one. I ended up making my own from the smallest i could find, then i just dremeled it down to size lol works pretty good. But like i said, its only the 1 that does it, but Hoberto sent me a new deck so i really dont use it as much anymore.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
LOL, yup, that one is nerve wrackingly hard just like the promo video shows! :D
I actually had 1 a long long time ago, was so excited for it too. Got it, tried to build it twice, got ......, went up on the classifieds lol. I admit that i regret that now, this was before all those vids came out showing how to build it. Im still kicking myself over that one. The one that got away..

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
I actually had 1 a long long time ago, was so excited for it too. Got it, tried to build it twice, got ......, went up on the classifieds lol. I admit that i regret that now, this was before all those vids came out showing how to build it. Im still kicking myself over that one. The one that got away..
I have 2 genuine in captivity and they're staying that way!

Last edited:

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I know what you mean, when i got my 1st hobo a while back i was literally taken back with how small the grub screws were and the little spaghetti stick of an allen key lol. I had BEYOND a hard time building it, they kept stripping before i could even tighten down the coil leads. But what i didnt know was that my posts werent drilled the best, that was my problem. I can see how some people see the hobo as a problem, but after the first couple times it gets better. And now i own 3 lol the hobo is really all i use anymore, that and my derringer. Two of my favorites right now.

Ha! As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, I need to respond to him and ask if he's tried a Derringer yet. I just got mine in a couple of days ago and love it as much as my Hobo.

I didnt even attempt to mount the coils below the juice well walls.
The way I do it, the legs o the coil pull down on the bit, and hold it perfectly in place

Redacted

I remove the inner sleeve that creates those well walls and it's a piece of cake to build. I've never built it any other way than horizontal.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Ha! As I was reading this I was thinking to myself, I need to respond to him and ask if he's tried a Derringer yet. I just got mine in a couple of days ago and love it as much as my Hobo.

I remove the inner sleeve that creates those well walls and it's a piece of cake to build. I've never built it any other way than horizontal.
Yeah man! I love my derringer atty, the flavor is on point, and i love the look and size of it too. Makes everything smaller.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah man! I love my derringer atty, the flavor is on point, and i love the look and size of it too. Makes everything smaller.

Definitely smaller. Here it is on my Tamerlan. Super stealthy.

tamerlan9.jpg

The Tamerlan is almost identical in size to the SMPL but it's made of titanium and a lot lighter.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Anyone using the HOBO in single coil? Is it capable of single coil? I see that the two sides are separated and you would have to drip in just the side of the single coil if it's capable.
Thats actually a common misconception that many people think, theres actually a tiny bit of room on either side for juice to get through. So definitely no worries about that. It is capable of single coil, although ive never set mine up that way, yet.

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
Thats actually a common misconception that many people think, theres actually a tiny bit of room on either side for juice to get through. So definitely no worries about that. It is capable of single coil, although ive never set mine up that way, yet.

Thanks, I usually run in single coil but might do dual once in a while.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA

Would wicking it on both sides work in single coil mode (just to hold juice)? I prefer single coils since I don't like to build below 1 Ohm at the moment. Single coil on my Magma is great since the juice well is basically in the middle, but so far I've only tasted juice on the Hobo I have, but was just curious if putting some cotton on the other side would hurt wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread