The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Hobo Rda

Discussion in 'RDA' started by FatherTime, Aug 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Personally, i dont think it would hurt if you added a tiny bit. I wouldn't go crazy stuffing it in there, and i wouldn't just not put anything in case of leaking ya know. What i would do is take a thin amount of the wick thats in your coil and find a way to run it around the center block and outter wall so the juice feeds from both sides. But that's just me, i would play with it and see what works best for you.

2. AgentZen

AgentZen Senior Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2015
    South FLA
    I am looking at picking up either a HOBO or a Derringer. I am looking for which has the best flavor. So far it seems the derringer has more votes for flavor, is there anyone here who's tried both that would recommend the HOBO over the Derringer?

3. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I have both actually in my daily rotation. I think theres a couple of us on this thread that do, so im sure you'll get a lot of good responses. I think i kinda prefer the derringer for flavor, but thats all opinion. I like my hobo for the clouds and it holds more juice, also doesnt get hot as often. They both really have there advantages over each other.

4. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have both. I think the Derringer has the better flavor. I like them both very much though.

5. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    Just got mine with a V2 Praxis.
    To be honest, I am impressed with the Praxis, and I find the Derringer to vape the same as the Hobo.
    It doesnt have the annoying T4 sized screws, but other than that, no difference other than looks.
    And it looks sweet on the Praxis

Redacted

6. DocHo11idaze

DocHo11idaze Senior Member Verified Member

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Anyone run dual parallels on the hobo? Mine got delivered today and am going to build on it tonight. Browsed a lot of this thread for ideas but don't recall seeing any. My go to on my Tobh is dual parallels with 24g at about .12

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    Sure, people do with no problems. But, since the hobo produces such a dense vape anyways, many dont bother

Redacted

8. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    I normally dont build my hobo that low, i stay around .25 or .40 with my builds. I usually save my tobh for the really low low builds.

9. DocHo11idaze

DocHo11idaze Senior Member Verified Member

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Thanks. Hobo and Amod smpl came in mail. Threw the Tobh on for now build the hobo tomorrow

10. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    Tell you shortly, all the positive feedback in this thread on the Derringer got me to buy a pair of them that should be showing up tomorrow. Along with a pair of Marquis and my reworked DNA40 Futura. Vape mail heaven! :D

11. RickCain

RickCain Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2013
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I have both and find that the Derringer provides better flavor over the Hobo - by a very slim margin.

Both are very easy to build one so it really comes down to which one you feel looks better on your mod.

12. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    So im gonna revive this great thread and great atty. I just saw on instagram that Hoberto announced the Hobo V3! I know im excited for this, who else? He said he's improving on the old so i cant imagine what hes gonna come out with, i still to this day use my hobo. Its about the only atty that has stayed with me and stayed out of the classifieds section, and for me thats not easy cause im picky i guess, who knows.

13. inswva

inswva Do you even squonk, bro? Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'll definitely be in for a Hobo V3.

14. SonHouse

SonHouse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2013
    Seminole
    I'll definitely be hopping on that band wagon. I use the Hobo's less these days because I wanted something with less vapor but they aren't going anywhere any time soon!

15. jaxgator

jaxgator Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    Can't wait to see what he does. Can't really see how he could improve on the 2.1 though.

My Hobo is definitely my mainstay. I use tanks when out and about and drippers when at home. Well, not drippers, just dripper. It's all I use when at home. Absolutely love that little guy.

16. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Bout time, i was wondering where you were lol jk. Thats exactly what i do, tanks out and drippers when im home. I hate dripping and driving but thats just me. I have to look at the post he made cause i forget everything he said. Better insulators, and different screws is all i seem to remember but ill check back later with everything that was said.

17. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    [​IMG]

This was the post. Im sure theres more to it that he isnt disclosing yet.

18. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    :laugh: I'm only on here for a bit in the mornings during weekdays. The RDA section has been a little slow so there are some days that I might not check. Thought this thread went to the bone yard.

"Better insulators". If I have one complaint about the Hobo, it would be the insulator. One needs to position the coil as far away as possible without touching the barrel. Even then, one must be careful not to melt it when dry burning.

19. HeiSINberg

Nov 6, 2013
    Groveville, NJ
    Yes thank you!! This is exactly my problem with the hobo. Its really my only complaint, its a pain no matter how you look at it. I cant tell you how many of my insulators ive had to shave down or that i melted a tiny bit, not much of an issue but you can still see the melt marks. What i do now is when i wick it i take a tiny bit of the one end and tuck it between the insulator and the coil or coil leg. Thats where i was getting that burnt plastic taste from a while back before i figured out what it was. Cause they never completely melt they just heat up enough to give off that taste. The hobo is easy to build on but i find once im done building the coil placement is really what matters here. I hope whatever he does is totally different then the last. I know most people probly dont have this problem so before someone mentions it i am by no means an amateur at this.

20. jaxgator

May 24, 2014
    Jacksonville, FL
    I never got the burnt plastic taste because I always had my coils slap up against the af. I was dry burning one day though and my tell tale of when the coil is clean is that there is no more smoke coming off the coil. It looked like I had gotten everything off of the coil but it kept producing smoke. I finally figured out that the smoke was coming from the melting insulator. :facepalm: :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.