Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
It has become one of my favorite mods. I ended up with 3 of them. I don't really use Kanthal anymore but I tried a .5 ohm coil for a few days in Kanthal and it worked to limit the temperature. So I would say it does work with Kanthal.

I normally use .45 ohm SS coils and can say that it works every bit as well with SS as the dna mods that I have. It is very smooth in TC with SS. No hiccups at all. Seems to be a very good mod.

Well worth the $24. Just download the new firmware as it comes with a previous version on it.

jesem

Jul 1, 2014
Ohio
It has become one of my favorite mods. I ended up with 3 of them. I don't really use Kanthal anymore but I tried a .5 ohm coil for a few days in Kanthal and it worked to limit the temperature. So I would say it does work with Kanthal.

I normally use .45 ohm SS coils and can say that it works every bit as well with SS as the DNA mods that I have. It is very smooth in TC with SS. No hiccups at all. Seems to be a very good mod.

Well worth the $24. Just download the new firmware as it comes with a previous version on it.
I haven't posted for a while, only lurking, when I came across this thread... So glad to see it 52anddone! Beamslider, I know exactly what you mean. I now have five slices but I've only broke out 2 of them, which I've been using almost exclusively for the last 14 - 15 months. .. along with an OBS Nano. It seems like I'm still learning how to tweak it to get the most consistent TC experience. Needless to say, I really don't feel the need for another mod.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I haven't posted for a while, only lurking, when I came across this thread... So glad to see it 52anddone! Beamslider, I know exactly what you mean. I now have five slices but I've only broke out 2 of them, which I've been using almost exclusively for the last 14 - 15 months. .. along with an OBS Nano. It seems like I'm still learning how to tweak it to get the most consistent TC experience. Needless to say, I really don't feel the need for another mod.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE}]
My Slice just arrived today and I paired it with one of my Nanos. Enjoying it quite a bit. Great weight and fits my hand very well.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia
Did you get the slice? or the LE? What color?
I have the LE. Bought it next door from gadget!. He had stripped and polished it. Beautiful mod. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. Liking it more than I thought I would. Thinking it will stay in daily rotation. It and the Nano make a good pair.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have the LE. Bought it next door from gadget!. He had stripped and polished it. Beautiful mod. I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow. Liking it more than I thought I would. Thinking it will stay in daily rotation. It and the Nano make a good pair.
What is gadget? A vape shop?

• Informative
Reactions: 52anddone

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

The nano looks like it was made for that mod.....

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
How do you like it? Does the tc really work well with Kanthal etc? It’s still on sale so I might pick one up for $24.

Yes it works Great for Kanthal and NiCr TC/TL. That's all I use mine set at, in TC/TL and either Kanthal/NiCr in Atties that I make my own coils/wicks for, CV Hussar or Berserker 24mm or Corolla 22mm, those type of RTA's. Once ya get the Slice dialed in it works Great, I have tested it many times with both wires and it will throttle down as the liquid dries up in the wick when ya start to go empty, just like it is supposed to, and the same as the DNA's and YiHi's do, no different.

It is different to set up compared to the DNA's and YiHi's though, I had no problems setting mine up, and I had had no prior experience with TC mod's. I have seen it posted that people that had experience with setting up TC in the DNA's/YiHi's were the ones that had the most trouble with setting up the Slice/G2's though. One thing though, don't try a dry burn wick test with the G2's/Slice as you would with a DNA/YiHi, as it will fail. The FSK board and the way it does TC/TL is different from the DNA/YiHi (that's where those folks get themselves in trouble). That's just an FYI @Fidola13.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I'm a little different from you @jesem. I have (3) Slice ((1) Black and (2) Silver, all SE's) and (5) Wrecker G2's (SE's and LE's). I live up here in the Frozen North of Minnesota, and when it's winter time up here and go outside I have found I will have to re-adjust my settings (FSK curve) some when using a new coil/wick combo that has less than say (2-3) tank fulls thru it. After about that, I don't seem to have any problems with re-adjusting my FSK curve. Keep in mind that going from about 68°F-70°F inside, to below freezing to -30°F outside is quite a Big change, but even then, once your build is "cured" (after about 2-3 tank fulls) you shouldn't have any problems with having to re-adjust your FSK curve.

FYI ; I find that I am in xxx Mode ALL of the time, I don't even go into the preset Kanthal or other Modes at all, as I find xxx Mode will fire most any build and any configuration that you can put into an Atomizer as long as it is an Electrically sound build. I have seen posted where folks have built and put in builds that were 0.05Ω with a Single coil, double coil, triple coil, Single wire build, Double wire build (Twisted/Parallel), Clapton wire build, Staggerd Clapton, Vertical, Horizontal, even a Single wire Single coil KGD/Rayon and #350 SS Mesh build (that would be in an Fev Clone RTA Atomizer) and it worked Great. All with Kanthal or NiCr wire and in TC/TL. Do THAT with an DNA or YiHi board. (there I go again):rolleyes:

I first set my Temp to the lowest number (I like a cool vape, so 93°C or 200°F), then I will set my FSK curve to where it just fires the build (that means with taking a hit, because air flow matters in setting up properly), then set it up a little more so I don't have to continually fiddle with re-adjusting it all the time, ex: If it fires my build at an FSK of 5 (and I get a good hit), I will set it to 6 with a New build and wick in my RTA. Then I will re-adjust as needed and go up another whole number to say 7 when 6 gets weak or doesn't fire my build after a time. After about the first tank full I will find that I don't have to re-adjust but about once or twice more till I get to tank full 2 or 3, then I will be alright till I have to re-wick again, about tank full #21 (with my Siren V1) when I get that off taste.

When I re-wick, I will set my FSK back to a number that makes it first fire again and I get a Good hit, then go up 1 full number and leave it there till the wick seasons again and I have to readjust up. It sounds complicated and fiddly, but really isn't, it's not anymore than a YiHi or DNA with Ti or Ni200. You could use SS, Kanthal or NiCr in either Power or TC/TL modes with the Slice and G2.

For TC/TL'ing Kanthal/NiCr wire (Single Strand or Twisted, Clapton or even more Exotic, and Single coil or Multiple coils) the HohmTech Slice and Wrecker G2 are The Only Game in Town. And they work Great !!

I know, I sound like a "Fan Boy", but I'm not, I'm just relaying what I personally have done and what I have seen others post that they have done with these HohmTech Slice and Wrecker G2's, not only on this forum, but what I have seen posted on other forums as well.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Yes it works Great for Kanthal and NiCr TC/TL. That's all I use mine set at, in TC/TL and either Kanthal/NiCr in Atties that I make my own coils/wicks for, CV Hussar or Berserker 24mm or Corolla 22mm, those type of RTA's. Once ya get the Slice dialed in it works Great, I have tested it many times with both wires and it will throttle down as the liquid dries up in the wick when ya start to go empty, just like it is supposed to, and the same as the DNA's and YiHi's do, no different.

It is different to set up compared to the DNA's and YiHi's though, I had no problems setting mine up, and I had had no prior experience with TC mod's. I have seen it posted that people that had experience with setting up TC in the DNA's/YiHi's were the ones that had the most trouble with setting up the Slice/G2's though. One thing though, don't try a dry burn wick test with the G2's/Slice as you would with a DNA/YiHi, as it will fail. The FSK board and the way it does TC/TL is different from the DNA/YiHi (that's where those folks get themselves in trouble). That's just an FYI @Fidola13.[/QUOTEthsnks for all this info!! I can’t wait to get it!

Question- what battery are u using in it? I normally vape between 55-65 Watts or 400F in tc.

I’m looking at the batteries at Liion and have looked a Mooch’s battery list but was just curious as to what others are using. Thanks sara

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The Slice LE arrived this morning for the wife. First impressions are i really like it. Does anybody know if it is possible to lock the wattage? I know you can by pressing + and- together but that also locks the fire button. It must be something obvious i am missing.Thank you for any help.

Which color did u get? I ordered the silver. What battery will u use?

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread