The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

HohmTech Slice

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by 52anddone, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I wasn't trying to kill the thread folks. Sorry if I did.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SLM

SLM Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2015
    NE Ohio. USA
    I haven't heard back from VaporCube in a week and I've emailed them twice. I think I'm gonna have to try calling my next day off work.

• Like Like x 3
  3. pmadden

pmadden Full Member

I didn’t order it on sale because the refund policy is no returns on sale items, that sounded like a ripoff to me and I was scanning this thread waiting for someone to complain, and there it is. Sorry you got burned SLM :grr:, you should complain to BBB to warn others.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Although winding down their Hohmtech mod sales, vapor cube has exhibited a pretty good track record @pmadden. Hope someone will pipe in with an assist for @SLM.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Hope it doesn't and at least one thread stays open for further issues and discussion. I'd like to very much but too much on my hands at the moment to get in on the TC comparison we were flirting with.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Sorry to hear that you got a bad one and hope they exchange or refund you. I would definitely call. No warranty on clearance should not mean no support for DOA. Two different things. You have to sell usable stuff even on clearance.

I find that I actually use the one I got pretty much daily as the battery lasts a long time and it is a good fit for the hand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Have given this mod a few days in TC with SS316L. It really works well with SS. As good as DNA for it. They still have them and the normal Slice is $19 or so.

What is the difference in that and the special addition?

• Like Like x 1
  8. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Congrats. That seems to have been the general consensus.

As far as I can tell, the SE has textured finish. But I do believe the LE had a firmware upgrade which you can get separately for the SE.

I see the Blue's are finally done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 52anddone

I don't have an "LE" myself, all I have is the "SE's". It looks like the "LE's" have engraving on the body and a 2 amp charge feature. That sound right Mac ??

10. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Thinkya right. Heard it was farky. Don't use. Was hopin they'd improve the finish. Sad didn't happen. Been a great tool for gettin folks started in the mid pwr range with the 2650 and 100W cap. Great stuff. Bout my most used mod. At least a pair in the cue along with a string of others. Glad a few are hangin in. Great value for the $$$.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I went ahead and went with a second LE version from them. I like the LE I got and difference is only 5 bucks...

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. 52anddone

Glad you like them, I know I sure do, ALOT. I have both the Slice and the square G2's, I use both but like the square and boxier G2 more, I just like the feel a bit more, and the fact that the G2 is darn near Indestructible, plus I get Incredible battery life from the (2) 18650's (I use the Samsung 25r Blue batteries). I am thinking of replacing those (they are about 3 years old now and have been in almost constant use) with the Sanyo 18650 GA or the Samsung 30Q's batteries as they are more in line with the wattage's I usually vape at, and have a higher mAh rating, I run it at 10-16 watts (even when I TC/TL with Kanthal/NiCr).

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. SLM

SLM Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2015
    NE Ohio. USA
    Got my money back via PayPal. :)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I just bought a Slice limited edition. When it arrives I am sure I will have questions. Please be patient with me. It is so pretty, it has the paint removed and then polished. I'm excited to try it out.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Where did you get that from @Letitia ? I have been interested in one but the bad paint finish has always put me off.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Very smooth robust power delivery. Others with far more TC exp I'll leave to comment as regards it's performance vs counterparts. My limited tests satisfied me it works capably with KA1. But all TC K or SS are far drier hotter at optimal watts for a wind compared to the pwr levels needed with a properly strained contact build for similar vapor output. I've stopped trying to beat myself over the head trying it. The Slice performs admirably stacked up against Cuboid's or similar 2-batt mods which I enjoy but with a sexier, comfortable form factor.

Good luck and enjoy the vape. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    From a member. Gadget, across the street from ECF. Mac is right, it is sexy as hell.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Thank you i think i so that. I thought you meant the manafacturer was selling them without the paint and polished.

• Like Like x 4
  19. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Don't let it! The standard finish can take a bit to come off. If you catch it early it's a perfect base coat for a wrap. The color you choose can all the better then fill in for any gaps in the design of the wrap. Think about this.

As I've posted earlier, paint comes right off easily with the sharp flat edge of common ceramic tweezers. QuadØ steel wool for a lustrous unidirectional very fine tight grain. Polishing from there is a breeze.

[​IMG]

You can end up with a very unique mod skinned, bright or steam-punk dull as it patinas to a nice gray naturally.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I tried it in power. As previously stated by others, smooth power delivery. I tried it with Kanthal in TC just to see if it worked. It did as far as I could tell, was consistent and no dry or burnt hits. Did taper down when the tank neared empty as it should have.

I currently use one with the Nano tank in TC with SS. I find it to be every bit as good with TC in ss as the DNA mods I have. I like it a lot. The reason I ordered another for backup.

I go the LE silver ones, not sure but doesn't seem to be painted or least not coming off the mod.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1