HohmTech Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Use Kanthal but a 1.8 ohm coil isn't likely to work very well in Temperature control mode. But you can try it and see what happens. Lower ohm coils work better in TC
Yes i should of thought of that. I only use dna devices always in TC. Normally around 0.6 to 0.8 ohms. I guess i thought becaus it was not conventional TC on the slice it would not matter. Thank you for the help.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Just a heads up. The only online site i have used was the offer on the slice last monday with two seoerate cards. By Friday both cards have been used for hundreds of dollars and heading currently towards thousands. Be careful out there people!

I used paypal on the site to purchase the ones I bought. This is the reason I prefer PayPal when available.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I used paypal on the site to purchase the ones I bought. This is the reason I prefer PayPal when available.
I used paypal eventually and it was fine. Before that i tried twice with two seperate credit cards. On both attempts i got a pop up after ordering saying something about i had my transaction delined because i had reached my daily limit. Both cards had plenty of credit on them. Both cards are now compromised. Blocked them both but i keep getting emails from all over the world from various companies about charges pending.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well the banks will be buying lots of junk for the card thieves it would seem. A hassle but at least you won't have to pay it.

The only time I ever had a card compromised was a Discover card. They ordered over $40,000 worth of electronics and had them delivered to another state. The card limit was only $3,000. I usually won't let them raise the limit above that.

Got a call from Discover security asking to call the number on the card and punch in an extension number. I did the Security person at Discover I talked to said they had mailed a new card and canceled the old one. Was also told that if I received a bill for $45,000 to just throw it in the trash as they had already written it off.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Well the banks will be buying lots of junk for the card thieves it would seem. A hassle but at least you won't have to pay it.

The only time I ever had a card compromised was a Discover card. They ordered over $40,000 worth of electronics and had them delivered to another state. The card limit was only $3,000. I usually won't let them raise the limit above that.

Got a call from Discover security asking to call the number on the card and punch in an extension number. I did the Security person at Discover I talked to said they had mailed a new card and canceled the old one. Was also told that if I received a bill for $45,000 to just throw it in the trash as they had already written it off.
Yes i am not bothered but just thought to warn our members. This is the first time i have ever had any problem ordering on line.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just a heads up. The only online site i have used was the offer on the slice last monday with two seoerate cards. By Friday both cards have been used for hundreds of dollars and heading currently towards thousands. Be careful out there people!

Could you post again the site that compromised your CC's Dubminer, or are you talking about VaporCube.Com ??

Reactions: Letitia

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran

I've had about 3 or 4 Credit Cards compromised in the last 3+ years buying Vape Gear online. I have gotten to the point that if a site doesn't offer the option to use PayPal, then I'll just empty my cart and move on to another site. I have a list of the ones that I usually do business with, but sometimes I will find something I really need on a different site that I have never bought from before and can't find on my usual sites, and as usual, it will make you go thru the whole buying process and not let you know till the very end if they offer PayPal or not. That is frustrating, and maddening, for sure.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Wow !!! That really surprises me a lot Dubminer. I have bought all but (2) of my Hohmtech devices from VaporCube (and I have (7) of them, maybe (8)) since 2016 I think, and have not had any problems whatsoever ( I have (4) or (5) G2's and (3) Slice's). I was NOT an early adapter of Hohmtech devices myself, I came in somewhere in the vicinity of a year after they first hit the market I think, and VaporCube was already a well established and trusted name in the vaper community. I wonder what went wrong (besides halting production on the device side of things, but that's no excuse) ??

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Wow !!! That really surprises me a lot Dubminer. I have bought all but (2) of my Hohmtech devices from VaporCube (and I have (7) of them, maybe (8)) since 2016 I think, and have not had any problems whatsoever ( I have (4) or (5) G2's and (3) Slice's). I was NOT an early adapter of Hohmtech devices myself, I came in somewhere in the vicinity of a year after they first hit the market I think, and VaporCube was already a well established and trusted name in the vaper community. I wonder what went wrong (besides halting production on the device side of things, but that's no excuse) ??
They may have sold the retail site.

Reactions: 52anddone

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
That shows ya just how simple I am I guess. I thought that in circumstances like that, they would just let the site die and fad away, as I have seen plenty of evidence of that happening to other sites, hence, all those "404 Errors" popping up when I tried to look up older vape sites for older gear.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
I was a bit hesitant to name them but that is the only online transaction where i have tried to use both cards and one of them i have not used online for maybe a year. Four days after my order both were compromised. Someone said because i tried the order over my cellphone someone could have stolen it through wifi.No idea if that is possible but that is the only other answer.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Word of new owners can kill a trusted site. What if the new owners budget site security or will sell clones without disclosing they are clones? One site I used regularly changed hands and I did not use them after their ratings dropped and bad reviews started popping up.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I used paypal eventually and it was fine. Before that i tried twice with two seperate credit cards. On both attempts i got a pop up after ordering saying something about i had my transaction delined because i had reached my daily limit. Both cards had plenty of credit on them. Both cards are now compromised. Blocked them both but i keep getting emails from all over the world from various companies about charges pending.
I would do more than block the cards. I would cancel immediately!!!! Major cc companies usually have some customer service 24 hrs even on weekends. Don't wait. Let them know now so they can't say you delayed and try and cause you more trouble.

It does take a little time to get the cards replaced and mailed to you but they are usually pretty quick to do that and at least you know you have stopped those thieves in their tracks.

I had something similar happen twice with one card(but not with vaporcube cause I used paypal), I can't imagine 2 cards at the same time.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread