Hong Kong. Has banned all exportation of E.Cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Fuming over ban
The Standard - Hong Kong's First FREE English Newspaper
Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I was appalled after reading that the health minister had banned electronic cigarettes.

I am one of tens of thousands of people that have been helped to quit regular cigarettes by the use of the electronic version.

I know they are untested and there may be health issues long term, but quite frankly I am willing to take the risk.

When I compare the unknown effects of my electronic cigarette to the known effects of the regular cigarettes, I feel astounded that any government would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes and allow the sale of regular cigarettes which have killed millions!

I feel the minister should take a long hard look in the mirror and decide whether he actually wants to help not only the people of Hong Kong but also worldwide give up regular cigarettes or whether he likes being a puppet for the tobacco companies?

ADVERTISEMENT

Leaving regular cigarettes on sale and banning a safer alternative is insane, it is like banning the electric car instead of a regular one because he thinks it may produce a harmful electric field!

It's time people in power realized that they are there for the good of the people that elected them, not to line their own pockets!

Paul McSorley

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
they have to get their act(s) together
and ship from mainland china,
there are several international airports,
Beijing, Guanggho, etc.....
these fly international without going into - out of HongKong.

good international bigboys shipping agents
are needed also like --
DHL -- TNT --
these bigboys know all the tricks of their trade
and ways around different problems they may encounter
getting their packages thru to their end clients.

Di .......

etab

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
England
Best to get some supplies in and hopefully weather out the storm... I have enough juice to see me through the year... hardware is another issue though!

Its no real surprise... not wanting to get on the conspiracy bandwagon, but there are so many 'people' out there including tobacco giants and international governments that will embrace this action - it ticks all the right boxes without lifting a finger (or pen lol).

The mainstream prolification of e-cigs and this 'up in the air' health/testing issue, has, and always will be the downfall of what is a wonderful and (shock horror) healthier alternative.

Worst case scenario I'll be vaping 100% flavoured glycerine come 2010! Hope not though.

I like everyone on this board am appalled at being told what is good for me while 'evil' tobacco continues to be sold legally... Un****ingBelievable :shock:

ed_bollix

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2008
Royal Oak, Michigan usa
I asked CT about this issue and got the typical clear and concise reply:

Hi Ed,

There is always issieus with shiping to US. this is old news.
But this you no need to ask us .. we are China ... not USA.. you find al answer faster and better in your area.
We still succeed very well.

Many greets

CentralTrade Ltd.

vspede

Mar 19, 2009
First time poster, Just got my First E-cig. I love it and you guys! This site is very informative.

Here is some ways they're getting around the ban. Please delete if you think I'm stepping over my bounds.

Ordered starter kit from E-cig-china. Received 10 days later and the package address stated "Cell phone"

I believe this is how they're going around it. Good for us.

Chevron07

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
I'm new to e-cigs, but I thought that I'd share my recent communication with Absolutely eCigs. They say that they aren't haven't a problem, too bad they don't sell juice.

----------------------------------------------

Absolutely eCigs Customer Service

to me
10:16 PM (11 hours ago)

Dear Brandon,

We have not experienced a single difficulty with shipping to the US. Please feel free to order as usual as there is no reason for any concerns.

Thanks.

regards,

Absolutely eCigs

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Brandon wrote:
I recently purchased a M-402 starter kit and love the product. I want to order some more cartridges but hear that there are new shipping restrictions on e-cig products to the US. Is this a concern? If so, are there any other cartridges that are compatible with the M-402 that I may be able to find that has already been shipped to the US.

Thanks...Brandon

-----------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread