Status
Not open for further replies.

j_fro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Upstate NY
Just because you successfully punch cartos and get them to wick properly for 6 months doesn't mean anything. I been fighting the bastidges for 2 days straight and continually praying that Zen~takes a week vacation from his real job so the ZAP's come out this week. I got all cocky and went to the big city (2 hours away) 2 days ago with just a tank and a carto on my Provari. I got about an hour away from my house and the carto fell apart!!!! I know, I know, backups for your backups, some one slap me please. I thought well I haven't had a real cig for awhile so I will be ok for the day w/o nic. HAHAHAHAHA I hate shopping and crowds anyway. Can you say nuclear meltdown!! I asked the clerk at Walmart what brand of e cig they carried and she said the "ecig" brand!!!! I said are they charged? NO I said a four letter word and left. Across the street happened to be a smoke shop across the street, a e-cig88x tasted nasty but got me through the rest of the day.

I have punched 6 cartos since none of them are working. I need a Zentervention before I crack!!!!!!!!

I may have thrown a tank and carto across a room once after a rough day at work...

Aguhon

Moved On
May 4, 2012
Philippines
After building and rebuilding my coils for the past week, I've finally realized that my sweet spot is at three coils (Don't know the exact ohmage though). The reason being is that I find that with this setup, I don't need to take a drag that long to get massive amounts of flavor, throat hit and vapor that I'm looking for. With four coils I tend to need to take about 6 seconds worth of dragging on the mouthpiece to get the hit I need. With three coils, that time was cut to half.

What about you guys? I usually see people preferring 4 coils as the standard setup. Anybody else out there prefer their build with a little more oomph? :)

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
After building and rebuilding my coils for the past week, I've finally realized that my sweet spot is at three coils (Don't know the exact ohmage though). The reason being is that I find that with this setup, I don't need to take a drag that long to get massive amounts of flavor, throat hit and vapor that I'm looking for. With four coils I tend to need to take about 6 seconds worth of dragging on the mouthpiece to get the hit I need. With three coils, that time was cut to half.

What about you guys? I usually see people preferring 4 coils as the standard setup. Anybody else out there prefer their build with a little more oomph? :)

I'm a Febbie and have been using 3 coils on mine since I got it. I like the extra heat as it also lowers my nic amount.

Aguhon

Moved On
May 4, 2012
Philippines
I may have thrown a tank and carto across a room once after a rough day at work...

I remember coming home with a freshly purchased 10ml juice. Put in about 5ml's worth in the carto tank and just as I was about ready to vape it, the whole tank slid off the carto spilling my precious new juice all over the sofa and my brand new white shirt. Ugh. Never again!

BenC7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Davie, FL
You can leave the wick in, the flavor transfer is not that much nor lasts that long. Plus mixing a few flavors for a couple of hits you just might invent and find a new flavor you like. :)

ah ok, I thought I read that one of the wicks was better for pg juice and one was better for vg... I am still relatively new so I haven't found my every day vapes yet and mix it up a bit.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
ah ok, I thought I read that one of the wicks was better for pg juice and one was better for vg... I am still relatively new so I haven't found my every day vapes yet and mix it up a bit.

If your juices are different in PG/VG ratios then you can switch as most find that 325 works best with higher VG and 400 with higher PG. However some can wick both depending on the juice.

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
Do you guys switch out wicks dependent on juice or is it best not to switch out wicks?

leave a good wick alone. i refer you to the recent discussion about "suck out the old juice and splooge in the new juice". LOL that comes from the Master himself. unless you're using crazy amounts of dominant flavors like menthol or cinnamon, you'll only notice the old flavor for a few draws.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
leave a good wick alone. i refer you to the recent discussion about "suck out the old juice and splooge in the new juice". LOL that comes from the Master himself. unless you're using crazy amounts of dominant flavors like menthol or cinnamon, you'll only notice the old flavor for a few draws.

I received my Zenesis standard the first week in March and I am still on the original 400 wick. All my juices are 70/30 PG/VG, just a good cleaning and burn once a week and you should be good to go.

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA

3 coils always! I do likewise on my Katana v1, and I intended to setup my AYS in the same fashion whenever I get it later today!

tonymopar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida, escaped from NY
Wow you are on an almost 3 month old wick? that is a money saver for sure. I go thru 4 carto's a month currently!!!

I received my Zenesis standard the first week in March and I am still on the original 400 wick. All my juices are 70/30 PG/VG, just a good cleaning and burn once a week and you should be good to go.

Mr. P

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Ga.
Wow you are on an almost 3 month old wick? that is a money saver for sure. I go thru 4 carto's a month currently!!!

I used it the first two months the way it came then I took it out and flipped it over so the coil portion was in the tank and the tank portion had a coil put on it. I figure another month and It will be totally used up and replaced.

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
I like 3 wraps also, but I like mine with 30g kanthal, warm, flavorful and hard. I think 5 coils is now the standard set-up.

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA

This is true, but the 400 that comes installed will wick juice well until you get to about 70% VG in my experience. Save the thickest of juices for "next time" IE when it NEEDS to be changed, or thin the high VG juices with PGA or distilled H2O if just can't wait to try them :) Congrats on your impending ASH edition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread