How Confident Are You In Kanthal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Anyone ever wonder if children should be eating "smoked" meats?

I'm sure the quack on TV I saw earlier saying you should cut your kids grapes in halves and split their hot dogs in two to prevent choking has. I would've suggested teaching them to chew before swallowing but that leaves it solely upon *gasp* the parents to teach the kids how to be safe and not just run around and baby proof everything until they move out. It's to the point of being comical that we need to protect the children from everything now days.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I cared how many chemicals went into tobacco cigarettes. Hence the reason I began vaping. That and I couldn't breathe anymore, snoring, etc. Possibly caused by oxygen depravation. Oh well, I made the switch and I'm now feeling a lot better than I did when I smoked. I can do the infamous Manitou Incline without being winded after the first 10 steps.

As far as eating smoked products, cutting grapes and hot dogs in half... I agree, it would be irresponsible of me to go through life completely child proofing everything. Then again, look at the generations in which we grew up. My parents - as unlikely as it seems - allowed me to find out first hand what happens if I did something stupid. And let me tell you as a kid I did a lot of stupid .... just to see if they were lying about it. And out of all the things I did... I found out that 99.5% of the time they weren't bull....ting. The other .5% was just me either not getting caught or I just stumbled upon good luck and no negative repercussions were suffered from it.

Then again, it would also be irresponsible of me to not teach the future generations about the hazards I know of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread